Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Morning or night

are you a ...
morning person  
 18%  [ 11 ]
night person  
 57%  [ 35 ]
none  
 13%  [ 8 ]
both  
 11%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 61

greenfire

Post Sun, Feb 15 2009, 8:40 am
do you think being a morning person means you are more productive ... or are you generally more productive at night ... or do you force yourself do be both when the need arises ...

personally I've always been a morning person ... now if I don't get it done in the am ... it's just simply not gonna get done ...

Carefulmom

Post Sun, Feb 15 2009, 8:53 am
Guess no one's up yet LOL .

When the need arises I do work both ends.

greenfire

Post Sun, Feb 15 2009, 10:18 am
lately I sleep both ends and get nothing done ... that's what teens will do to you - keep you up in the middle of the night with worry or a ruckus ... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Tzippora

Post Sun, Feb 15 2009, 10:44 am
I'm a night person who keeps getting forced by the world to be awake early. First for school, now for work. Only time I ever felt good was in college when I had my first class around 11 am, could sleep from 2 am - 10 am or so. I could even stand to sleep from 3am - 12 pm, but you can't have everything.

Now, thanks to work, I've started randomly waking up at 8 am on weekends and then napping from 10-1.

Why can't this world acknowledge us night-owls?!?!

happyone

Post Sun, Feb 15 2009, 10:51 am
No one yet voted none, that would make someone a pretty lousy person to hang around with don't you think?!

heffer569

Post Sun, Feb 15 2009, 11:10 am
I voted none. I cant wake up in the am and am exhausted by 8pm I used to be a night owl but I guess having a baby and having to work changes everything.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Feb 15 2009, 11:13 am
Im neither a morning nor a night person. My most productive hours are from 11 am to 3 pm. After that, I'm more-or-less toast. Or lazy.

nicole81

Post Sun, Feb 15 2009, 11:16 am
I'm a night person by far. I get all my work done after 11pm and usually don't go to bed until 2 or 3am. but the sad thing is that I still have to get up at 6:30am for work every day so I'm really ruining my days by doing this. I end up sleeping 18 hours over shabbos and then starting the pattern over again on saturday night.

Metukah

Post Sun, Feb 15 2009, 11:52 am
I voted none, I used to be the biggest night owl around, but now being pregnant and not sleeping well at night, by the time the evening comes I'm exhausted. if I could just nap during the day, maybe I'd stand a chance at night!!!!!!!!!

greenfire

Post Sun, Feb 15 2009, 11:54 am
I always thought the early bird catches the worm ... but I guess the night owl just gets the tequilla ... Drunken Smile

ss321

Post Sun, Feb 15 2009, 11:59 am
I am more of a nght person but I force myself to be a morning person both as a mom and a student. I am definitely more productive at night, get things done, and get htem done more efficiently. But usually I wake up mega early, thats just how it works out with kids.....sometimes I miss those mornings like before school before kids, where I could sleep till 10 lol...stay up till 3am doing house stuff...oh well...

dainty diva

Post Sun, Feb 15 2009, 7:23 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
Im neither a morning nor a night person. My most productive hours are from 11 am to 3 pm. After that, I'm more-or-less toast. Or lazy.

Wow are we on different time zones!!! Those (11:00-3:00) are my least productive hours!!!! Oh the nights, if only they wouldn't end!!!! Somehow, when the kids are all tucked in, I tend to be reborn. I've been known to paint the house, build closets, sew up garments, cook and bake up a storm---all in the great night hours!!!

octopus

Post Sun, Feb 15 2009, 7:24 pm
I exercise in the evenings and that makes me zing around the house until eleven or midnight.

anewday

Post Sun, Feb 15 2009, 8:19 pm
[quote="heffer569"]I voted none. I cant wake up in the am and am exhausted by 8pm I used to be a night owl but I guess having a baby and having to work changes everything.[/quote]

exactly me!!!

mimivan

Post Sun, Feb 15 2009, 8:42 pm
I'm an early bird by nature...but I'm working against my nature, because my job wants me to work nights (sometimes I go to bed with the kids and wake up at 3 am...that, weirdly, is quite comfortable for me).

The ideal schedule would be if I could go to sleep at 11 or 12 and wake at 5...but can't get to sleep that early (On nights I don't crash with my kids)

Does my schedule sound confusing? It's because it really isn't one...oh well..

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Sun, Feb 15 2009, 8:49 pm
greenfire wrote:
do you think being a morning person means you are more productive ... or are you generally more productive at night ... or do you force yourself do be both when the need arises ...

personally I've always been a morning person ... now if I don't get it done in the am ... it's just simply not gonna get done ...

ditto.

I was one of those crazy college students who Loved 8:00 classes.

Now that I have a morning job out of the house, not nearly as many things get cleaned, cooked, tidied or organized as they did when I was home in the a.m.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics