Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Bar mitzvah at kotel.... music?

tinker-belle

Post Mon, Feb 23 2009, 10:25 am
Hi. I've been reading about small bands that bring the bar mitzvah boy up to the kotel and play music until he has his tefillin on. Does anyone have any experience with this? Anyone you can recommend? Any ideas of costs. Thanks!

hila

Post Mon, Feb 23 2009, 10:37 am
I never saw this at the Kotel .
It sounds really unusual

BeershevaBubby

Post Mon, Feb 23 2009, 10:41 am
The only time I've ever heard 'music' at a Kotel Bar Mitzvah is when the Sepharadim walk from the parking lots to the Kotel. Men have big skin drums, darbukas, tambourines, occasionally a shofar...

Tamiri

Post Mon, Feb 23 2009, 10:43 am
Besides being at the kotel innumerable times, I have made a couple of bar mitzvas there myself. I have never seen music. Assuming it's a Mon or Thurs, the bar mitzva (torah) days - the place is packed. Where would the musicians stand? At the table? And who would hear them? Is there a point? The hilight of the day is the boy reading for the first time, isn't it? I imagine such a thing exists but it doesn't seem like anything that worth-while springing for. Better to take a place for brunch after, and have all the food and music you want.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions