Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Logging on as "AMother"
1  2  Next

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Feb 15 2006, 11:48 am
I confess, not only would I never do it, I don't even know HOW to do it!

Itta

Post Wed, Feb 15 2006, 12:48 pm
you don't have to log on seperately!

when you post, just click the yes icon near the "Post anonymous?" (right under your spell check button... blah blah blah...

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Feb 15 2006, 1:00 pm
I DON'T WANT TO KNOW!

technic

Post Wed, Feb 15 2006, 2:13 pm
make sure u dont read this thread then Wink

cindy324

Post Wed, Feb 15 2006, 3:07 pm
Never posted as anonymous, don't think ever will...

cindy324

Post Wed, Feb 15 2006, 3:08 pm
Never posted as anonymous, don't think ever will...

merpk

Post Thu, Mar 09 2006, 12:46 pm
Have been wondering about that. Why are so many people posting on totally mundane or not-personal topics anonymously?

Totally not getting that.

nicole81

Post Thu, Mar 09 2006, 12:54 pm
sometimes something seemingly innocent, such as a recipe or a way of cleaning things, can clue someone in to your identity.

amother

Post Thu, Mar 09 2006, 12:58 pm
amother here to annoy you all with my presense in a totally nonpersonal thread.

truth is, what you might not think is personal cuz you're a very open person could be personal to an amother. to some people just expressing their opinion on a matter is hard for them cuz they are shy so under the guise of amother they feel more comfortable. like im doing now Very Happy

amother

Post Thu, Mar 09 2006, 1:08 pm
Or, some people just don't want to be identified forever by some of their posts… Like if this woman (me) is incredibly complexed about not being able to get her house clean and not scream at her kids and wants an EASY supper idea… She'd like to come across as cool and collected and able to do it all, and she saves her non-stressed voice for other topics, such as what she puts into her chicken soup (finally, something she CAN brag about).
Anonymous because, well why not? Twisted Evil

shayna82

Post Thu, Mar 09 2006, 1:11 pm
I say if someone wants to go on as amother, go right ahead, no questions asked. why are people sooo annoyed with it. who cares who it is, and why she is doing it. I think there is a problem here with people wanting to know so badly who it is, that they just blame it on the amother.

Crayon210

Post Thu, Mar 09 2006, 1:23 pm
Or because people use amother to be NASTY so that they won't have to be labeled "that nasty poster".

shayna82

Post Thu, Mar 09 2006, 1:28 pm
those people just have no pride I guess

realeez

Post Thu, Mar 09 2006, 1:46 pm
These are the types of amothers.

1) People may know that "abcdefg" is really Sara Cohen and she does not want people to know that she doesn't get along with her MIL.
That makes sense.

2) People who are very secretive and don't want people to know that their screen names. So if Sara Cohen wants to know how to get toothpaste off of her pink and yellow rugs she must do so as "amother" lest people say "hey someone called "abcdefg" posted about pink and yellow rugs and it must be my neighbour Sara Cohen."
That is weird!

3) People who want to be snipy and need protection.
That is bad!

chen

Post Thu, Mar 09 2006, 2:23 pm
Sara Cohen gets along very well with her mil; she replaced the awful yellow and pink rug and got a blue one which is teflon-coated and toothpaste-resisitant; and she is one of the warmest ppl in the world and is never, ever snipy. LOL LOL LOL

realeez

Post Thu, Mar 09 2006, 2:26 pm
LOL!

technic

Post Thu, Mar 09 2006, 5:58 pm
in the olden days, when u logged on as amother, u didnt get trns....w the new system u DO - which means it isnt QUITE as anonymous as ud like 2 think cos SOMEONE SOMEWHERE knows who u r (NOT that ive ever used amother of course, this is all hearsay) (and the pope is buddhist Wink )

Mommy912

Post Thu, Mar 09 2006, 6:01 pm
technic wrote:
in the olden days, when u logged on as amother, u didnt get trns....w the new system u DO

technic, what in the world is trns? To Respond Nicely Sometimes? To Really Never Say?

technic

Post Thu, Mar 09 2006, 6:03 pm
trn = topic reply notification (I think) - its what u get when someone responds on a thread uve posted on (unless uve been immunised Wink )

Mommy912

Post Thu, Mar 09 2006, 7:00 pm
Wow! I thought nobody knew who amothers were.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics