Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
How should I progress????

cubbie

Post Wed, Feb 25 2009, 12:59 pm
Ok dd will be 2 next month, she's been ready for toilet training for a long time, but until now I wasn't. She's very aware of her bodily functions since about 18 months and loves sitting and making on the toilet. When I put her on she makes everytime and says "I made in the toilet" and claps to herself. Sometimes she will tell me during the day that she needs to make and walk to the bathroom to wait for me.
So the last couple of days I decided to get serious about toilet training her. Every hour or so I'll ask her if she needs to make and she'll either say no and carry on playing or yes and run to the bathroom and then starts trying to take off her pants and diaper. So she sits and makes, and then says "I've finished, wipe me". So it's going great, the only thing is that she's still making in her diaper too, and 90% of the time it's me initiating that she should go make by asking if she needs to. If it were warm I would ditch the diaper and letter her go without for a couple of days so she gets more of a feeling of needing to go without the diaper and can also go by herself and sit on the potty if she wants to. But it's far too cold for that, so how can I progress from here, so that she starts also going to the potty by herself? Or will that come naturally.
I had such a different experience with dd1 who was almost 3 and a nightmare to train, that I don't want to mess anything up with this bli ayin hara easy to train kid.

ShakleeMom

Post Wed, Feb 25 2009, 7:02 pm
It’s very obvious to me. She needs to have three whole days with no diaper, no panties (bare bottomed) so that she is aware that she is responsible to make it land in the toilet and no place else. other than that, keep doing what you’re doing!

flowerpower

Post Wed, Feb 25 2009, 7:39 pm
I train like that. I put on a warm top and socks and no bottoms. I find that when they are in diapers or underpants they feel the liberty to have accidents. You can keep and eye and see if she starts peeing when she is naked and fly with her to the bathroom fast. First you initiate and after a few days they start to. Once potty training begins I ditch the diaper-even when going outdoors.

waveprint

Post Sun, Mar 08 2009, 4:21 pm
I'm trying it now too, but I'm so paranoid, everytime she gets onto a bed, couch or cushioned chair I freak out!!

greenfire

Post Sun, Mar 08 2009, 4:26 pm
leave the panties on !!!

how else will she learn how to up & down them herself ...

take the diaper off get a potty ... you got the tushie - you are ready ... and so is she ... GO FOR IT !!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training