Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Motivate me!!!
Previous  1  2

GoodEnough

Post Wed, Mar 04 2009, 4:32 pm
hmmmm that's given me some "food for thought"....

ClaRivka

Post Wed, Mar 04 2009, 4:49 pm
ok well im glad that you figured out what was holding you back!

RightOnTarget

Post Wed, Mar 04 2009, 5:01 pm
Water, water and more water. Always have a water bottle handy and keep refilling it.
Never go hungry for too long. Eat consistantly small healthy meals so you won't starve and reach for the goodies or overeat.

octopus

Post Wed, Mar 04 2009, 5:33 pm
with regards to the soy burgers- any of these prepackaged things are loaded with things you don't what to know about. even though they are supposedly healthy. Stay away from processed foods! I also make a soup and snack on it a whole day. and I don't like to patchke. I stay away from flavored soup cubes- VERY BAD! full of msg. I put some water in a big pot. dump in a half a bag of split peas. Maybe cut up an onion and garlic. and/or a sweet potato. Let it cook. Spice it with onion, garlic, pepper. and a tbspn of salt. (I'm talking a big pot here.) zehu. I sometimes put in carrots and parsnip and celery.

karen berzon

Post Thu, Mar 05 2009, 2:38 am
You have to pick the fruit and veggies that you like most, and keep a stock of them. I constantly peel two or three carrots and just eat them whole.

blondie

Post Thu, Mar 05 2009, 11:14 am
Hi- I like all your answers, thanks. Still, the diet advice isn't exactly what I'm looking for, more like mind control advice, not hunger control.
I'm thinking of things that would interest me so I can stop using food as an instant picker upper.
Listening to music, tackling all the housework I don't feel like doing.... I mean, I'm sitting here on imamother not eating, cause I'm so preoccupied.
We'll call it The Activity Diet. Who's with me? What do you think of this? I know for some it is the obvious, but for me it's a new way of looking at it. As someone above said when you're busy you don't notice the weight coming off and you're not fighting with food issues all day.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Mar 05 2009, 11:21 am
I would think the thought of future poor health would be enough for anyone.

Simi

Post Thu, Mar 12 2009, 5:22 pm
cubbie, u 1/2 some really 1derful ideas that r just a bunch of common sense, but I/we need reminders of just how really simple it is to foil the yetzer har'. I used to do all that, I.e.: soups & veggies, but I find I need a brain-tune-up when I get stressed and all this food stuffs that are bad for me r in front of my face like when I'm in school with my pre-kindergarteners (I'm a relatively new head teacher) and french fries are served. HOW DO I STOP AND THINK THAT I REALLLY DON"T WANT THIS STUFF!!!
It's not like I didn't bring my own food, I often bring my own salad/fruit/etc. but the smell of the fresh fries + the stress of dealing with some of these little "angels" just puts my hand into autopilot straight from the fries to my mouth!!!!

Any help, even old tried & true acronyms and sayings to jog my brain are welcome!!!

middos

Post Sun, Apr 05 2009, 3:49 am
those soups sound yum! thnks, if you dont use soup mix saute onions before addind rest of ingredientsm it adds a lot of flavor.

Ilovechoumous

Post Mon, Apr 06 2009, 9:57 am
these are some good ideas!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise