Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Anyone have leads on a used car for sale in EY?

ruth

Post Sun, Mar 15 2009, 4:17 pm
anyone have any leads on a used car for sale in EY. dh has heard about a website "yad shanit" We find that it will much cheaper than renting for the period of time he will be there.

ClaRivka

Post Sun, Mar 15 2009, 4:35 pm
I just saw a car fr sale on luach.com. it was a mazda 3

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Mar 15 2009, 11:50 pm
loo and / or post something to janglo saying what kind of car you are looking for. you may get some relpies (thats how we found our first car we bought here)

Marion

Post Sun, Mar 15 2009, 11:55 pm
Yad Shniya? www.yad2.co.il

chanchy123

Post Mon, Mar 16 2009, 12:03 am
We just recently bought a car from a dealer in Yerushalayim. He is a frum guy and is a mechanic as well and he services the cars he sells. My SILs buy from him also.
He specializes in cars for the frum population (large family cars are his forte).
If you're intersted I can give you details. Just PM me.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Mar 16 2009, 12:08 am
I just wanted to say, no matter where you buy from in the end, juts do your research about who you are buying from.
we bought from someone who is a car insurance sales man who is connected to a garage. he did not know all that much about the car and he was told that we would be the second owners. well, long story short, we were the....................7th owners and only found that out when the car that we did but kept on having crazy problems and we were told that it did not make sense for a car, that was only 2nd hand, to have so many problems.
so, no matter where you end up getting the car, be careful.

chanchy123

Post Mon, Mar 16 2009, 12:09 am
I didn't realize this is for a visit - how long will your husband be visiting? I'm not sure this will be all that much cheaper. Cars are very expensive in Israel and they devalue alot with each additional owner. You might be able to buy a really cheapo car (about 6,000 NIS) but take into consideration A it would be stick shift, B it would be very old (think late 1980s early 1990s) and it would be liable to break down at any moment which could end up costing you a lot of $$$$.
OTOH maybe it would be worth it if he's staying for a few weeks if he doesn't mind driving around like that (get into the feel of a real Israeli).
You can get some good deals for rentals in Bnei Brak, many times you won't have to pay for shabbat at all and only pay for the kilometers you drive.
Remember gas is expensive in Israel.

mali

Post Mon, Mar 16 2009, 1:41 am
chanchy123 wrote:
I didn't realize this is for a visit - how long will your husband be visiting? I'm not sure this will be all that much cheaper. Cars are very expensive in Israel and they devalue alot with each additional owner. You might be able to buy a really cheapo car (about 6,000 NIS) but take into consideration A it would be stick shift, B it would be very old (think late 1980s early 1990s) and it would be liable to break down at any moment which could end up costing you a lot of $$$$.
OTOH maybe it would be worth it if he's staying for a few weeks if he doesn't mind driving around like that (get into the feel of a real Israeli).
You can get some good deals for rentals in Bnei Brak, many times you won't have to pay for shabbat at all and only pay for the kilometers you drive.
Remember gas is expensive in Israel.
I agree with chanchy. You'd also have the headache of getting yourself insurance. Why bother?

Imaonwheels

Post Mon, Mar 16 2009, 2:17 pm
Also in the frum areas there are private people who rent out cars cheaper than the agencies.

ruth

Post Mon, Apr 20 2009, 2:11 am
Marion wrote:
Yad Shniya? www.yad2.co.il

It turns out that my dh got a car without my "interferance" -- he got a deal by purchasing something from the car rental fleet. he did look into the yad shniya, though. he told me there is a company/agency that does an inspection on the cars

Chancy, t hanks for the feedback. Actually, my dh is Israeli... he is plannning another trip in Elul (and visits about annually.) He was fed up with paying so much for a rental. About the cost of petrol, what can I say? Even though I am the Amerikiyit, I don't mind taking buses -- he hasn't been on a bus since???? I have teased him about becoming pinuk. He wouldn't mind using a stick shift except he had a bad car accident in the States and has problems with his shoulder.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

raspberry tea

Post Thu, Apr 30 2009, 3:59 am
Can anyone give me an idea about what a 2000-2002 mini van would cost? I'm just looking for a general idea to know if it's better to ship my 8 pass., paid off, low miles van over or buy there.

shalhevet

Post Thu, Apr 30 2009, 4:47 am
This is the most used car price list in Israel.

Levi Yitzchak mehiron

I see you have to pay a subscription fee, but it is not very much, and you will get the info you need.

hila

Post Thu, Apr 30 2009, 5:09 am
yuki wrote:
Can anyone give me an idea about what a 2000-2002 mini van would cost? I'm just looking for a general idea to know if it's better to ship my 8 pass., paid off, low miles van over or buy there.

Before you import a car - check other's horror stories.
(see the nefesh benefesh site).

I understand it is not worth it - just because of teh demands to comly with Israeli laws etc.

raspberry tea

Post Thu, Apr 30 2009, 8:19 am
shalhevet wrote:
This is the most used car price list in Israel.

Levi Yitzchak mehiron

I see you have to pay a subscription fee, but it is not very much, and you will get the info you need.

Thanks, I just wanted a general idea.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions