Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
I Lose it Every Shabbos!

BusyBeeMommy

Post Sat, Mar 21 2009, 11:23 pm
I'm so angry at myself! I go to a nutritionist, and in the past I've been succesful at losing significant amounts of weight. I've started dieting again and I have almost no problem during the week. But on Shabbos I just let myself go and I feel horrible every Motzei Shabbos. Every week I tell myself that I'll be good this time, but come the meal, it's just too hard to resist that extra peice (or peices) of Challah, and the kugel, and the grape juice... I wish I could keep it all out of the house but with kids and a husband, it's not possible. It's like my body is programed to be hungrier that one day a week.

And I'm absolutely DREADING Pesach...

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Mar 21 2009, 11:28 pm
Sure it is. You don't have to have kugel. Make other veggies for side dishes. Or a pasta salad with low fat mayo.

Get water challah or make your own low fat challah. Better yet, make rolls and only eat what you're supposed to.

BusyBeeMommy

Post Sat, Mar 21 2009, 11:34 pm
Problem is, on Shabbos I AM allowed (according tot he specific diet that I'm on) to have normal food - just in limited quantities. And I look forward to that an entire week. It's probably what gets me through the week actually. But of course, I overdo it on the food. And I can't bake two batches of challah - it's hard enough to bake one. I serve plenty of veggies - and I eat those too! It's the extrea pieces of challah and kugel that are my problem.

ganizzy

Post Sun, Mar 22 2009, 1:15 am
I know exactly what u mean.

instead of having cut up challah and losing count of how many pieces u had, make some rolls and limit urself to one. at the beg. of each course drink s/t to fill urself up. also do s/t instead of eating so when u do start eating u have less time sitting with all that food in front of u. having a kid on ur lap always help to limit how much u can eat. when ur finished eating, put napkins or s/t on ur plate so u wont put any more food on it.

otherwise, give urself a break. in ww they prepare e/o for thansgiving weeks b4 and we have to deal with it every week. so just relax and if u ate a bit too much - it happens. exercise a bit more after shabbos.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Mar 22 2009, 8:54 am
BusyBeeMommy wrote:
Problem is, on Shabbos I AM allowed (according tot he specific diet that I'm on) to have normal food - just in limited quantities.

so, what you're saying is, this diet doesn't work for you really. maybe you need something with more restrictions?

BusyBeeMommy wrote:
And I look forward to that an entire week. It's probably what gets me through the week actually. But of course, I overdo it on the food.

you either have to go lower during the week, or change your diet. if you feel restricted, you're going to binge.

BusyBeeMommy

Post Sun, Mar 22 2009, 2:02 pm
This diet has worked for me in the past and I know it can work again. I was very succesful on it previously. I think I'm going to follow your tips, ganizzy. I guess I just needed a refresher, and you had it there for me!

octopus

Post Sun, Mar 22 2009, 2:05 pm
I always have to try to not have the "all or nothing" mentality. Just because you cheat a little doesn't mean you have to double cheat. And in case you did double cheat, doesn't mean that the diet goes down the toilet bowl.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Mar 22 2009, 2:33 pm
First of all-good to see you again-didn't see you on ima for a while.

I have that problem for years! What I do is make a plate of all junk I love that we have in the house on friday night -one pc of each and eat it very slowly. By the next morning my sweet cravings are gone. I also don't buy the dips that I love and other things so I won't have to control myself.

BusyBeeMommy

Post Sun, Mar 22 2009, 2:51 pm
Thanks flower - moved and life was hectic...

I too stopped buying lots of dips, not to mention they were a waste of $. I've done this in the past and I was able to control myself, but now I just let myself go every time! I've even lost 5 lb. over a succos! I guess I'm just looking for encouragement and empowerment to know that I CAN do it.

All advice and encouragement are welcome.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 22 2009, 3:19 pm
1. you CAN do it. just think of the results of all your efforts
2. make fewer courses. who *needs* a starter?? even with guests it's fine.
3. put on your plate at the start of the meal what you consider to be the right amount to eat, and don't refill.
4. say to yourself at the start of the meal, if you make it through the meal being careful, you can let yourself have ONE treat, lichvod shabbos.
5. look in the mirror before you sit down to eat
6. DRINK as much water as possible.
7. force yourself to eat an apple before each meal. it will fill you up before you even start.

these tips apply during the week too.
you can do it. just think about how good you'll feel once the pounds start coming off.
b'hatzlacha
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise