Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Matzah on Weight Watchers
Previous  1  2

cubbie

Post Fri, Mar 27 2009, 8:05 am
I actually only eat 18 each day Sunday-Thursday hardly use any on Friday during the day and then I don't count over shabbat. When I go down to 18 points I'll use only 16 during the week.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Mar 27 2009, 8:08 am
mama-star wrote:
why were you asked to leave ww? because you are too slim??

I guess it's loshon horah.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Mar 27 2009, 8:11 am
mama-star wrote:
why were you asked to leave ww? because you are too slim??

We did't even get far enough to weigh me, but actually my weight according to WW should be 113 and I can join if I weigh 10 lbs more than. I actually did not but I do not think they knew that.

tovasmom

Post Fri, Mar 27 2009, 1:23 pm
Per WW, the minimum points is 18 with the 35 per week added in. 18 points is murder, believe me. My weight was flying off on WW before I got to 18. Once at 18, it slowed alot. As far as how to follow plan on Pesach. Obviously, alot of your 35 has to be devoted to Matza for the seder. I managed last year with lots of chicken and veges and very little potatoes. Also, I love matza so I had to have it in moderation. In stead of making 3 starchy side dishes for each meal I made one and more salads and vegetables. I made desserts, but did not eat much of them. No one even noticed the change in the cooking.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Mar 27 2009, 2:54 pm
tovasmom wrote:
Per WW, the minimum points is 18 with the 35 per week added in.

is that flex or core ? I tell ya, I'm only given 16 or 17 pts

tovasmom

Post Sun, Mar 29 2009, 6:24 am
chocolate moose wrote:
tovasmom wrote:

They did away with Core several months ago (there were no daily points in the classical sense on Core anyway, just the 35). They periodically change the guidelines, so CM if they told you this more than a couple of years ago, the guidelines probably changed.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 29 2009, 6:55 am
tovasmom wrote:
chocolate moose wrote:
tovasmom wrote:

They did away with Core several months ago (there were no daily points in the classical sense on Core anyway, just the 35). They periodically change the guidelines, so CM if they told you this more than a couple of years ago, the guidelines probably changed.

Yup. But just to echo Tovasmom, at least for the past several years, there is no such thing as 16 or 17 points on WW. Whoever told you that didn't know what s/he was talking about. There is a formula to calculate your daily points, but if the calculation falls below 18, then you get 18. Once you're on maintenance, you get MORE than 18, not less. I know someone whose recommended weight is UNDER 100 pounds (she's very short), and SHE gets 18 points.

Look, I really don't care what you do, but you should not mislead other people as to the nature of the program. I'm not down to 18, but I know that's tough to do. Since a point is about 50 calories (more if there's a lot of fibre, up to 100 calories if there's lots of fibre), 18 points is between 900 and 1800 a day, not too easy. 16 points could be as low as 800 calories a day.

WW also has guidelines as to who can join for exactly that reason. They don't encourage unhealthy weights or unhealthy eating -- too much OR too little. If you don't need to lose weight, they don't take your money. (And once you've lost the weight and become lifetime, you don't give them money to go to meetings unless you gain weight.)

To answer the OP, if you eat machine matzo, they make whole wheat matzo (seen it this year). Last year they also had bran matzo, which was quite good. I haven't looked for it yet. Both were 1 point per board, instead of 2 for regular matzo. Use your weeklies for the seders, and limit matzo other than that. Eat lots of fruit and veggies, fish, and chicken cutlets.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Mar 29 2009, 7:44 am
tovasmom wrote:

I went over the winter; it think it was around thanksgiving actually.

Barbara

Post Sun, Mar 29 2009, 8:21 am
chocolate moose wrote:
tovasmom wrote:

I went over the winter; it think it was around thanksgiving actually.

Please PM me with the time and the location, and I will contact Weight Watchers. A leader who is giving such incorrect information and, frankly, information that is dangerous to the health of members must be reported.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise