Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
The OA Deit

amother

Post Wed, Mar 25 2009, 9:34 pm
I need help to start the OA deit anyone can help me please

smilingmom

Post Wed, Mar 25 2009, 10:20 pm
go to oa.org
There are meetings listed. both live and phone meetings.
I have never been on the OA diet, but I know people who are on it. They refer to it as a 'program' not a diet.

ChossidMom

Post Thu, Mar 26 2009, 12:22 am
I don't think there is such a thing as an "OA diet". OA does not promote any particular food plan unless you want to do grey sheet (which is VERY, VERY strict).

momomany

Post Thu, Mar 26 2009, 6:50 am
other "oa plans" include gray sheet, ceahow, oa90, faa - maybe there r more

happyone

Post Thu, Mar 26 2009, 7:24 am
The way to start would be to get a sponsor to give you a food plan. The best way to get a sponsor is to listen to phone meetings and jot down numbers of those that share or announce their availability to sponsor.

Good Luck!

amother

Post Thu, Mar 26 2009, 9:39 am
what is the number to call

shopaholic

Post Thu, Mar 26 2009, 9:57 am
My friend is on it & is doing soooo well.

ValleyMom

Post Thu, Mar 26 2009, 10:06 am
I have been a member of OA for nearly 8 years. I was down 60 pounds and then relapsed due to family crisis (son became sick). AI went from a size 24 down to a size 14. At any rate the OA program has a suggested food plan but you, with the help of your sponsor define your own abstinence and food plan. Your abstinence is black and white and NEVER changes but you food plan shifts as you change. For example, some people stop eating certain foods some people eat food more moderately. It is a program of ACTION. If your willing to take certain steps then the program will work. Go online to overeaters anonymous and locate a meeting near you.
Many meetings are in churches, but they are NOT in the sanctuary--they are in social halls or classrooms. Many very frum women attend meetings there. The group may say a prayer at the closing of a meeting. If it NOT a prayer you are comfortable with just leave two minutes early. If you need more information feel free to PM me. Good Luck. The program works. It really does!

shany

Post Sat, Mar 28 2009, 11:42 pm
How can I get a sponsor on the oa deit

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Mar 29 2009, 2:40 am
shany wrote:
How can I get a sponsor on the oa deit

You either attend a face to face meeting or a phone meeting.

shany

Post Sun, Mar 29 2009, 2:31 pm
what the number for the phone meeting

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Mar 29 2009, 3:32 pm
smilingmom wrote:
go to oa.org
There are meetings listed. both live and phone meetings.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise