Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Pesach wounds while preparing?

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Mar 30 2009, 11:58 am
I cut myself in three places; one of which should have gotten stitches. I sprained my wrist shelping shelves and drawers around. My ego has been bruised. Sad And I was hoarse from screaming.

Anyone else?

GetReal

Post Mon, Mar 30 2009, 12:17 pm
Haven't started the peeling yet but cuts on my fingers are a part of the process each year...that's what happens when you only eat fruit and veggies you can peel and you're peeling for hours on no sleep...

anonymom

Post Mon, Mar 30 2009, 12:22 pm
Every year I come to the seder with stained hands from all the vegetable peeling. And of course my hands are all cracked and bleeding from all the cleaning. It's my badge of honor.

sisterindeed

Post Mon, Mar 30 2009, 3:10 pm
Reminds me of the stories I'm told about me very dear and great grandmother a"h, how meticulus she was about the preperations on Pesach and her hands were also very very dry and cracked etc. by the time Pesach came along, I am sure it was her badge of honor too... oh she was a queenly special lady. She passed away at the early age of 56 after battling cancer for eight years so I never saw her but I definitely feel as though I knew her personally and a special connection with her. May the remembrance of her be a Zchus for her and for us all.

natmichal

Post Mon, Mar 30 2009, 3:36 pm
I don't remember a single Pesach without a cut from the extra-extra thick aluminium foil....and that's before I start cooking.

Blair

Post Tue, Mar 31 2009, 6:08 am
I wear disposable gloves when working with all the cleaning products and make sure to put on lots of hand cream at night.

lovmyboys

Post Tue, Mar 31 2009, 7:51 am
Last night as I was cleaning out a cabinet I cut my finger on the blade to the food processor... ended up in the emergency room and had to get it glued together Sad . The only good part is, doctor says no washing dishes for at least a week... makes it almost worth it wouldn't you say?? LOL

TzenaRena

Post Tue, Mar 31 2009, 8:06 am
anonymom wrote:
Every year I come to the seder with stained hands from all the vegetable peeling. And of course my hands are all cracked and bleeding from all the cleaning. It's my badge of honor.
I used to,
The cuts on my fingers were so painful, I suffered all of Pesach. We also don't use hot water from the tap, which exacerbated it.

but now thank Hashem for disposable powder free gloves, and even the older playtex kind. After some research, we found out the gloves were okay. I think most people in our circles didn't use them till fairly recently, like me.

Ima'la

Post Tue, Mar 31 2009, 8:09 am
When I was a newlywed, I frequently cut myself - and friends had similar experiences --- because our brand-new knives were so sharp! I wonder if this is true of Pesach knives/peelers as well - even if their 20 years old, they've only gotten the equivalent of about half a year of use!

Pickle Lady

Post Tue, Mar 31 2009, 8:44 am
Ima'la that is so true about the knives. My cheap pesach knives are always so sharp.

Marion

Post Tue, Mar 31 2009, 8:45 am
natmichal wrote:
I don't remember a single Pesach without a cut from the extra-extra thick aluminium foil....and that's before I start cooking.

And that's why I don't use foil.

greenfire

Post Tue, Mar 31 2009, 9:38 am
call them badges of honour ...

and moosey - who you screaming at ...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics