Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Askmoses.com experience
1  2  Next

amother

Post Fri, Feb 24 2006, 4:49 am
How many of you use askmoses.com, and what has been your experience?

amother

Post Fri, Feb 24 2006, 9:35 am
I once used it and spoke w/ mrs bronya shaffer. was great.

hardwrknmom

Post Fri, Feb 24 2006, 10:06 am
I never tried it cause someone mentioned that they don't like when frum people ask questions. Basically geared towards non frum/non religious/gentiles etc etc. Question

proudmom

Post Fri, Feb 24 2006, 10:13 am
I enjoy it, I get answers most of the time. Once I asked a very sensative question and I got a very rude answer.

Chanie

Post Fri, Feb 24 2006, 10:18 am
hardwrknmom wrote:
I never tried it cause someone mentioned that they don't like when frum people ask questions. Basically geared towards non frum/non religious/gentiles etc etc. Question

It depends who is answering. I hear that some do not mind, but do identify yourself as frum, cuz the answer could be slightly different depending on where you are.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Feb 24 2006, 10:29 am
I go on very very very often, and it's usually fine. But they don't always know the answer to your queston.....and they don't usually get back to yuo, either.

hardwrknmom

Post Fri, Feb 24 2006, 10:32 am
good to know. thanks!

amother

Post Sat, Feb 25 2006, 1:00 pm
I think it's a misconception to say that it's not for frum people.

amother

Post Sat, Feb 25 2006, 1:07 pm
Do you think the rude answer was because of the sensitive question, or was it because of the Scholar?

amother

Post Sat, Feb 25 2006, 2:09 pm
sometimes it's very hectic there. a scholar can be trying to answer five people simultaneously, and some of the answers are really crucial. that's when the scholar might get impatient with a more trivial question. otherwise they're really nice there, and they don't mind at all when frum ppl. ask questions. they're out there to cater for everyone. in any case, you can always email them - they do get back if you do. I'm writing this from a scholar's point of view, though I did get on from the regular side as well.

proudmom

Post Sat, Feb 25 2006, 6:52 pm
amother wrote:
Do you think the rude answer was because of the sensitive question, or was it because of the Scholar?

It was the schollar not my question. I didnt understand the answer so I asked him to explain and he told me I already told you the answer and there is no reason for me to continue. (Not the exact wording)

queen

Post Sat, Feb 25 2006, 8:15 pm
you mean scholars could also have a hard day???

Idea

amother

Post Sat, Feb 25 2006, 8:45 pm
I substituted there a few times for a relative. There are times when there are seven different people at once asking questions snd it can get very hectic. Many times non-Jews come on or Chrstians trying to convert you. There are lots of weirdos too who come on just to stir-up trouble, cursing and asking very strange questions. Kids used to come on to get all the answers for thier homework. Rolling Eyes As far as Frum people they can always ask their Rav if the Scholar doesnt know the answer.
You can always try a different Scholar. There are some very nice people as Scholars that I know personally.

amother

Post Sat, Feb 25 2006, 9:43 pm
amother wrote:
There are times when there are seven different people at once asking questions snd it can get very hectic.

I think it's limited to 5 at a time.

Tefila

Post Sat, Feb 25 2006, 10:22 pm
Quote:
Kids used to come on to get all the answers for thier homework.

Now that sounds a good idea Idea when parents arnt available Thanks Very Happy

amother

Post Sun, Feb 26 2006, 5:43 am
it's against askmoses.com policy to give answers to homework...

Tefila

Post Sun, Feb 26 2006, 10:47 am
Oh so I guess then it's not a good idea after all Sad oh well Thanks for info Wink

amother

Post Sun, Feb 26 2006, 11:45 am
amother wrote:
it's against askmoses.com policy to give answers to homework...

really? noone ever told me Exclamation

rainbow baby

Post Tue, Mar 25 2008, 8:12 pm
Have you ever used this site? How have you found it? I just used it and found it very disappointing. In the past I'am used it and it has been great. Just wondering what people make of it.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Mar 26 2008, 8:08 am
I love reading it. I've been told they answer badly to frum people??
We have similar sites in French, for all people, and it rocks. So many people who were too shy to ask a rav or who live in small communities without a rav were helped, it's a huge mitzva.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics