Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Not giving all posters a chance

amother

Post Fri, Feb 24 2006, 2:02 pm
I find that people post mostly by threads and discussions that involve specific posters and don't post by posts written by others.
What I mean is, I've seen that sometimes a very interesting thread is started by a poster but barely anyone writes anything. I think that if someone else would've started that post there would've been a lot more posts.
Can we give everyone a fair chance and not skip by posts started by people who might not be the most exciting, funny, intelligent posters???

Do you get what I'm saying? Am I clear?

Anonymous because don't want to seem like a "nebach" because I'm also talking about my posts.

shayna82

Post Fri, Feb 24 2006, 2:10 pm
well maybe its not as interesting as other topics are?!

for myself, I will try and post more anyway.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Feb 24 2006, 2:13 pm
I have been surprised that some topics that I thought could generate a lot of discussion died an early death and topics that had little substance kept right on going. It didn't dawn on me that certain posters create more excitement than others. Some topics possibly are repeats of topics that were discussed at length months ago but new ladies on the forum haven't gone back to see what was on then. It probably pays to see what has been already posted about new topics and simply add to what was there before.

DefyGravity

Post Fri, Feb 24 2006, 2:17 pm
I post according to topics that interest me or that I may have some info about.
I don't think it's a popularity contest, rather some topics aren't interesting (or not applicable to many people) and don't generate posts.

amother

Post Fri, Feb 24 2006, 2:20 pm
I understand what you're saying. You may be right, although speaking for myself, I davka do the opposite--there are some very frequent posters I avoid now b/c I don't enjoy them.

Part of the problem may be the titles that inexperiencd people choose for their posts. Some of them are so vague and not descriptive (nEED hELP or Serious Problem) that they don't grab the attention. If the title is more specific like Looking For Dressmaker or Intrusive Inlaws, I think people will be more likely to pick up.

don't let that put you off from posting,eventually you'll be a frequent flyer, too.

happyone

Post Fri, Feb 24 2006, 2:24 pm
I don't think it's about the person posting the thread. It's more about how the thread continues, which is unpredictable.
No one should take offense here.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Feb 24 2006, 3:32 pm
You mean, you want me to answer more? MORE?

shayna82

Post Fri, Feb 24 2006, 3:34 pm
lol sarag Very Happy

Tefila

Post Fri, Feb 24 2006, 3:39 pm
It has nothing to do w/h who the posters are. Since I have been on for awhile so I can tell you. 8) Sadly or funny enuf the sillier a thread is gets way more responses then those which are stimulating and intellectual etc. I think because most of us who come on, though can't speak for all, use this as an outlet from real life Tongue Out Tongue Out Tongue Out

Also some things have been posted b/4 so people don't want to go and answer what they posted already. Been there done that type of thing Confused

deedee

Post Fri, Feb 24 2006, 4:10 pm
I dont even look at who posted what. I just post when I feel like responding to s/t. it never even occured to me to choose to post in certain peoples topics!

deedee

Post Fri, Feb 24 2006, 4:11 pm
Quote:
Anonymous because don't want to seem like a "nebach" because I'm also talking about my posts.

well looks like ur getting posts now LOL

RedVines

Post Fri, Feb 24 2006, 4:13 pm
Personally, I dont answer all or most threads, only if I feel like I have something good to offer. To me it has NOTHING to do with the poster. I pass by threads that just dont appeal to me or not what I am in the mood for.

But I hear what you are saying how some posts just get dropped...so maybe go through some old ones and bring them up to date?

technic

Post Sat, Feb 25 2006, 7:31 pm
1) I couldnt tell u who started WHICh thread if my life depended on it!!! embarrassed but I HAVE noticed that
2) most of the interesting ones seem 2 b started by amother anyway!!! LOL

shanie5

Post Sat, Feb 25 2006, 8:04 pm
I reply to whatever topics I have something to say about. never has what to do w/ the poster of the topic. I also dont check out evey thread. not enuf time to check them all out.

gryp

Post Sat, Feb 25 2006, 8:19 pm
amother, perhaps you can bring some examples?
personally, I dont see what youre talking about.

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Sun, Feb 26 2006, 2:10 am
Mommyoftwo... exactly my thoughts and words...

In general... I leave out alof of subforums... but I answer to whatever seems interesting... I usually open most of the threads even if they don't have such an interesting title..

roza

Post Sun, Feb 26 2006, 2:53 am
yes, amother, pls post links to those 'dead' topics and we will revive them Wink
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics