Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
I need some double stroller advise

Classicookie

Post Thu, Apr 02 2009, 8:28 pm
I am due at the end of the month with #2 and I have to figer out which is the best to get .
I dont drive and walk a lot and there is a ereve in town so I go out every shabbos my dd right now is 2 and I cant have her fully waking yet bec she will run away and I cant case her while pushing a baby. I live in a place were it has many hills and have one by my house I was thinking the greco front to back bec I have the car seat that would snap in but I hear its a pain to push I dont want somthing to bulky or to expensive somthing that turns well and good for short people with shoet arms .

any suggestions would be great

octopus

Post Thu, Apr 02 2009, 8:52 pm
If you live in a place that has many hills don't get the graco double. I have it, and for my purposes it works. But I live in a very flat area. with narrow stores. they make fantastic double strollers that are super easy to push which would probably work better for your needs. Unless you want to build fabulous arm muscles like me.... LOL LOL LOL

btw- even though the car seat snaps into the double stroller it is pretty hard to get in and out of the stroller. Way harder than the single. way, way harder.

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Apr 02 2009, 8:58 pm
try the instep.

http://www.amazon.com/InStep-S.....6E37T

I have it and am very happy with it. I don't drive either, so I walk everywhere (think forty minute walk to the pediatrician Smile )

I have a 2.5 yr old and a 16 month old. older kid is large and younger is petite. I can wheel it with one hand very easily.

feel free to pm me for info.

micki

Post Thu, Apr 02 2009, 11:03 pm
I have the graco double- I love it and would never get anything else. it is great in stores and can carry so much in the basket. I love my 3rd kid option- in the middle.
make sure to get the one where the back seat is multi position, reclines with one hand, not with 2 tabs. call teh company to help tell you which.
yes it is heavy if you are a tiny person it may be hard, but hten again my 7 yr old son loves to push this stroller and yea he struggles, but he can do it.
hills are hard no matter what, I wish there would be a little motor attached!
for the price, you cannot beat this troller.

chaylizi

Post Thu, Apr 02 2009, 11:06 pm
baby jogger city mini or valco latitude. if you prefer a tandem, try the kolcraft contours.

micki

Post Thu, Apr 02 2009, 11:10 pm
oh and I have never ever had a problem gettign the car seat in the stroller, front OR back. I have even done 2 car seats in there its always so easy. not sure why anyone whould have a problem.
this stroller went to the zoo with 11 kids- carried all the gear - had the 2 babies- its great.

octopus

Post Thu, Apr 02 2009, 11:13 pm
micki wrote:
oh and I have never ever had a problem gettign the car seat in the stroller, front OR back. I have even done 2 car seats in there its always so easy. not sure why anyone whould have a problem.
this stroller went to the zoo with 11 kids- carried all the gear - had the 2 babies- its great.

it sounds like we have two different gracos.

chaylizi

Post Thu, Apr 02 2009, 11:17 pm
I was just rethinking what I wrote before. OP, maybe consider a stroller with air tires. it will be much easier to psuh on hilly terrain. baby jogger, mountain buggy, valco, bumbleride, bob and other companies make great strollers for people who walk more than just in the mall.

micki

Post Fri, Apr 03 2009, 9:20 am
there is a graco duoglider which is longer and the graco quattro tour douoble which is more compact.

mamacita

Post Fri, Apr 03 2009, 5:38 pm
I love my phil&ted! I'm 5ft tall and it's great for me. My MIL loves pushing it too and she's in her 60s. I lived in several different hilly places and done well with it, up and down stairs (although I wouldn't recommend doing that frequently as it'll damage the stroller), on and off buses, etc. It is pricier than others I've seen, but it's much much lighter and smaller than any of the cheaper ones I've seen. I can heft it in and out of the trunk or underbus area by myself.

I'm looking into getting the Jeep double umbrella for times we'd want to recline both kids and don't mind being double wide. But that wouldn't work to the park or shul since there aren't always sidewalks here that can accommodate. I haven't found a stroller that fits all my needs, but these two cover pretty much everything together. If you only have one (like I do) I'd vote for the p&t.

yOungM0mmy

Post Sat, Apr 04 2009, 7:11 pm
I was also going to recommend phil and ted, based on your post, except not sure how much you want to spend, and if that is considered an expensive carriage.
Sounds like the most important thing is ease of pushing and not too heavy, cuz of all teh hills, and this pushes really easyily.
I have a 2.9 year old and a 17 month old (and now a month old baby too), and still use my phil and ted for the two older ones. They are comfortable, they can sleep in it, its flexible in how you set it up, I bought the attachment for the car seat, and its so easy to fold.

chaylizi

Post Sun, Apr 05 2009, 8:30 am
just want to add, if you are thinking of the phil & ted & you are tall, try it out first. I thought it might be really cool & I tried out my cousin's stroller. the adjustable handle just doesn't adjust enough & it was straining my back.

yOungM0mmy

Post Sun, Apr 05 2009, 9:48 am
OP mentioned she was short with short arms...I am 5'3", DH is 5'6", and its perfect for us both.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics