Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Imamother Midwest/Chicago area meetup?
1  2  Next

ShiraMiri

Post Mon, Feb 27 2006, 7:13 am
Ok - how about a MIDWEST gathering? We can find a midpoint between Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Iowa? It would be fun to meet
in person!! Any takers?

Last edited by ShiraMiri on Thu, Mar 16 2006, 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

chavamom

Post Mon, Feb 27 2006, 1:53 pm
In the midwest, but not Chicagoland. Sorry!

amother

Post Thu, Jan 11 2007, 8:19 pm
I'm in Chicago....

amother

Post Thu, Jan 11 2007, 8:42 pm
Also in the midwest, but in the "real" Midwest, Nebraska!

ShiraMiri

Post Fri, Jan 12 2007, 6:34 am
Wow, I posted this a long time ago! Well, the only meet I've had so far is between myself and the imamother web site! I guess we have virtual meets every day! Smile

Mitzvahmom

Post Fri, Jan 12 2007, 6:49 am
remember we tried to when I came into town...and no one responded

ShiraMiri

Post Fri, Jan 12 2007, 6:56 am
Yes...I wound up being out of town during part of the time you were in town...and then you couldn't come for a playdate break.

Mitzvahmom

Post Fri, Jan 12 2007, 7:08 am
Marney wrote:
Yes...I wound up being out of town during part of the time you were in town...and then you couldn't come for a playdate break.

and believe me I should have!!! I learned a HUGE lesson...blah

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Jan 12 2007, 9:00 am
enjoy it!

chavamom

Post Fri, Jan 12 2007, 9:02 am
I'm probably going to be visiting Chicago in the near future (after the bar mitzvah). I'd love to get together with any Chicago-land imamother posters.

ShiraMiri

Post Thu, Jan 18 2007, 8:54 pm
This doesn't count as an Imamother get together, but any Chicago area ladies who would like to come to a great weekly shiur with some great food, we could get to know each other!

Teni Li Torah for women!
Every Monday Night at 7:30 PM at KINS.
For Details Contact Rabbi Litwack at
Rabbilitwack@aol.com or at 773-973-1450 x114

Our restaurant sponsors the food! Tell your husbands to come to Tein Li Torah on Tuesday nights at 7:30 PM at KINS.

mumoo

Post Thu, Jan 18 2007, 9:53 pm
Mitzvahmom wrote:
remember we tried to when I came into town...and no one responded

I wouldn't say no one responded.....

marney-your restaurant? who was the lovely girl I had Shabbos lunch with a couple months ago who said it was her family restaurant?

btw, we use tein li chow for the only effective positive reinforcement for all kinds of behaviors in our house

mumoo

Post Thu, Jan 18 2007, 9:57 pm
I'd be happy to come to -or host- a get together- Marney got any good ideas for food?? Very Happy

amother

Post Fri, Jan 19 2007, 8:39 am
Marney wrote:
This doesn't count as an Imamother get together, but any Chicago area ladies who would like to come to a great weekly shiur with some great food, we could get to know each other!

Teni Li Torah for women!
Every Monday Night at 7:30 PM at KINS.
For Details Contact Rabbi Litwack at
Rabbilitwack@aol.com or at 773-973-1450 x114

Our restaurant sponsors the food! Tell your husbands to come to Tein Li Torah on Tuesday nights at 7:30 PM at KINS.

Where is KINS? Is the food from Tein li chow? Is it free? How many women, from which circles usually come to the shiur? Who is the speaker?
Marney, are you saying that your family owns Tein li Chow?

Thanks!

mumoo

Post Fri, Jan 19 2007, 8:48 am
KINS is on California, south of Pratt. I think this shiur is hosted by Kollel Torah Mitzion. I've never been, but the refreshments are tempting Wink-and Rabbi Litwack is a pretty popular Rebbe at one of the day schools.

why are you anon? if you are Chicago, I'd like to 'know' you

stem

Post Fri, Jan 19 2007, 9:29 am
Sorry, I didn't mean to post anon. I'm not from chicago, but I have relatives there and go pretty often, like every month or two.
So basically, it's free chinese food at a great speaker? Why doesn't everyone know about this? (maybe my relatives are not in those circles What )

ShiraMiri

Post Fri, Jan 19 2007, 11:01 am
Yes, it's free and it's great Chinese food! My family owns Tein Li Chow. Mumoo - I am not so young, so it must have been one of my SIL's you met! Last Monday night was the first women's night - but I was in New York! So, I am coming this Monday night. We were told that 25 women came, and they each said they would try to bring a friend next time! That's more people than the men's night gets! My husband is on the board of Kollel Torah MiTzion and really wants the community to start supporting it. That's why we started the Tein Li Torah program in conjunction with the Kollel. I think that the Kollel boys rotate teaching the shiur. The main comment that the women made was that it was nice to have a shiur where they didn't feel "talked down" to. Since I was not at the first class, I can't tell you what circles most of the women were from. I do know that a number of women came who belong to a new shul in Skokie on Church St. and Crawford. We flew home with the young rabbi of the shul (yikes, I can't remember his name!) and he said his wife was trying to get their congregants to attend. Other than that, I guess I will see who shows up this coming Monday!

stem

Post Fri, Jan 19 2007, 12:01 pm
Wow marney, that's pretty amazing to donate that much food every week. Tizku lemitzvos! If I'm ever in chicago on a monday, I'll be sure to look it up.
BTW, I've eaten the food from TLC, it was really good, and huge portions too.

mumoo

Post Fri, Jan 19 2007, 12:16 pm
the shul is kehila chovevei tzion; it's in skokie
the Kollel is having an oneg at an imamother's home tonight

I'll try to come Marney, on Monday. Can I try to find you?

ShiraMiri

Post Fri, Jan 19 2007, 12:36 pm
Sure! I should say bli neder I'll be there if I can get away! I'll be the one with the bags under her eyes yawning through the shiur (no reflection on the speaker, just on my crazy schedule these days)!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics