Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
More antisemitism in France

Did you hear about this story?
yes  
 54%  [ 13 ]
yes, but I didnt know it happened to a Jew  
 0%  [ 0 ]
no  
 45%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 24

gryp

Post Mon, Feb 27 2006, 11:28 am
http://suntimes.com/output/ste......html

an excerpt:
Quote:
This month, there was another murder. Ilan Halimi, also 23, also Jewish, was found by a railway track outside Paris with burns and knife wounds all over his body. He died en route to the hospital, having been held prisoner, hooded and naked, and brutally tortured for almost three weeks by a gang that had demanded half a million dollars from his family. Can you take a wild guess at the particular identity of the gang? During the ransom phone calls, his uncle reported that they were made to listen to Ilan's screams as he was being burned while his torturers read out verses from the Quran.

another:
Quote:
Something very remarkable is happening around the globe and, if you want the short version, a Muslim demonstrator in Toronto the other day put it very well:

''We won't stop the protests until the world obeys Islamic law.''

Stated that boldly it sounds ridiculous. But, simply as a matter of fact, every year more and more of the world lives under Islamic law:

Younger Me

Post Mon, Feb 27 2006, 12:53 pm
Not only did I hear about this story, but I actually know the person. His family is a friend of my family, and we know them forever.
It is really horrible. there are no words to describe how the jews in france feel about this terrible murder. everyone is in shock. even non jews.

deedee

Post Mon, Feb 27 2006, 12:58 pm
so sorry to hear that killy Sad
his neshama is at rest now next to Hashem in Gan Eden. lets hope the world notices and his sad death will not go unavenged!!

gryp

Post Mon, Feb 27 2006, 1:08 pm
just wanted to mention another detail I heard on the John Batchelor show that isnt in the article:
everyone in the Arab neighborhood knew about this during the three weeks he was being tortured.

Killy22, im so sorry about this too.
Quote:
everyone is in shock. even non jews.

I hope this is the last time anyone is shocked. every time something happens everyone goes into shock. it is time we knew our enemy and a time for action.

deedee

Post Mon, Feb 27 2006, 8:45 pm
http://www.aish.com/jewishissu.....r.asp

gryp

Post Mon, Feb 27 2006, 9:56 pm
Thank you deedee for the article.
An excerpt from there:
Quote:
The knee-jerk inclination of French officialdom, however, was refusal to categorize this as an anti-Semitic homicide. Initially there even was reluctance to note the Jewish identity of the victim.

this is the reason for the poll question in this thread.

France today:
Quote:
Physical attacks are only one expression of the distress experienced by French Jews, many of whom live in close proximity to Muslim immigrants (estimated at 12% of the population). Jewish children in public schools are frequently bullied by Arab classmates. It's almost impossible to teach the Holocaust in schools with large Arab/Muslim student bodies.

In certain urban French neighborhoods it's risky for Jews to wear skullcaps. Many French Muslims regard local Jews, their houses of worship and communal institutions fair game in their attempts to wreak vengeance on Israel.

Quote:
...insisting that "there is no anti-Semitism in France." Jews were essentially requested not to bother the authorities.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics