Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
What is a good website to get bargains kids clothing (baby)?

cb

Post Mon, Apr 20 2009, 7:55 pm
besides childrens place, oldnavy, walmart, any other ones?

ss321

Post Mon, Apr 20 2009, 7:56 pm
amazon
target
google if you know what you are looking for - use "froogle"

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Mon, Apr 20 2009, 8:57 pm
ebay, if you don't mind buying used items

chaylizi

Post Mon, Apr 20 2009, 8:59 pm
you can get plenty of brand new articles of clothing on ebay. just look for items marked NWT (or new with tags)

avimom

Post Mon, Apr 20 2009, 9:22 pm
I like childrenswearoutlet.com for shabbos things/ vest outfits. LOok through old threads, ppl have recommended good ones.
Kohls
Target
Sears

alpidarkomama

Post Wed, Apr 22 2009, 3:51 am
I love ebay. For the kids, I'll pay up to $5 for a nice shirt, $8 for shabbos-quality pants/dress. Less for more everyday stuff. This includes the shipping. I often get outbid, but I still find plenty of nice clothes. It's harder to find good clothes for me (especially since I'm very tall and prefer ankle-length skirts!), but I've gotten a few nice shabbos dresses and skirts for $10-20. I sometimes need to pay a little more $ to close up slits, but it's easy to do. Adult shoes I get for $20 or so for barely worn. About $8 for kid shoes. I just "won" 5 pairs of leggings for eldest daughter for $18, including shipping.

cb

Post Sun, May 10 2009, 4:06 pm
thanks
I ended up ordering from amazon, and am very happy with what I got.

avimom

Post Sun, May 10 2009, 7:43 pm
just curious- how did you search amazon for clothing? Did you have specific things/brands in mind?

cb

Post Sun, May 10 2009, 7:54 pm
I looked at the childrens place ones, I saw that the prices are the same as thechildrensplace.com but the difference is that they have more sale items that only amazon carrys for them. they had a few things for 1$. not everything was in stock but in the end I got 11 items with the average price of 3$.

YALT

Post Sun, May 10 2009, 8:08 pm
on amazon you can minimize your search to 50-70% off, and you'll get the stuff that's really reduced. I've gotten a ton of stuff there, including a swim suit for DS for $1.99 and OshKosh/Carter's denim shortalls for $3.99
I also pay attention to if it's elegible for free shipping.
If I davka want something that has shipping, I'll try to find other things from that storefront to combine in the same shipment.
Especially Children's Place, has a $5 flat fee for shipping. So if you buy 5 things, the item cost an extra $1. But if you only bought a pair of socks, for .99, plus $5 s/h means you paid $6 for socks.

Also, the best day to shop on Amazon is Fridays , bec. certain things go on sale even cheaper.

avimom

Post Sun, May 10 2009, 8:28 pm
didn't know you can do childrens place on amazon. Thanks!

zigi

Post Sun, May 10 2009, 8:35 pm
wow! I saw a really pretty dress for 34$ http://www.amazon.com/Clearanc.....1-285

Mama Bear

Post Sun, May 10 2009, 9:51 pm
I dont like buying clothes on ebay, even new, cuz y0ou cant return them if they dont fit right.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains