Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Would you pay someone to do this?
1  2  Next

southernbubby

Post Tue, Feb 28 2006, 5:14 pm
My daughter tells me that where she lives, there is a woman who gets paid to assess your wardrobe. She comes to your home, looks at your clothes and accessories, decides what you should get rid of, what you need, and what goes with what. She makes matches you never considered. Then she shops for you and gets you the items you are missing to have a completely functional wardrobe. She is very popular and many people use this service. I think that friends could do this for each other. What do you ladies think of this idea?

hisorerus

Post Tue, Feb 28 2006, 5:20 pm
If I had the money, I would pay for someone to do this for me. I would consider it an awfully big favor to ask from a friend. (And I can't think of anyone to ask!)

goldrose

Post Tue, Feb 28 2006, 5:29 pm
how much does she charge for the organizing part? where does she shop for you? I mean, anyone can look nice for the right kind of money...

happyone

Post Tue, Feb 28 2006, 5:31 pm
I must hang around the wrong crowd. I havent heard of this before. While I would appreciate a personal shopper to bring me home a choice of clothes, I wouldnt trust anyone to go through my wardrobe and make the decision of what I should or shouldnt wear.
Interesting world I must say.

hisorerus

Post Tue, Feb 28 2006, 5:33 pm
I would hope that whoever it was would listen to my opinions and tailor the choices to what looks good on me and what I'd like and wear.

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Feb 28 2006, 6:02 pm
I would love to have the extra money to use this type of service! I've always wanted a personal shopper.

chanala

Post Tue, Feb 28 2006, 6:08 pm
No. I think it's completely frivolous. But then, consider where I live, I guess! (Not Chicago, either!)

southernbubby

Post Tue, Feb 28 2006, 6:19 pm
This particular woman is in LA but I once saw a news article about one in NY. These ladies are Jewish. I believe it is upwards of $100 to look in the closet and match at least 6 outfit possibilities. The shopping is extra.

shaina punim

Post Tue, Feb 28 2006, 6:29 pm
wow thats ounds nice to me, I wish I had the money to do it, I wouldent ask a friend to do it unless they were a very good friend and they wouldnt mind.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Feb 28 2006, 6:49 pm
considering how much stuff I have that I hardly wear and how plain a lot of it is (my mom tells me) it might not be a bad idea...

technic

Post Tue, Feb 28 2006, 6:49 pm
I would do this in a flash if I could afford it - it sounds WONDERFUL!!!

chen

Post Tue, Feb 28 2006, 6:53 pm
another one of my great career ideas stolen before I could implement it! I always said I should open a business organizing other ppl's closets. I love that sort of thing.

an outsider can be objective, having no sentimental or historical attachment to your stuff. (and they know that that psychedelic green and orange turtleneck does not complement your complexion, even if you were wearing it when you were voted prettiest girl in 7th grade.)

yes, most ppl can do this themselves, but don't. it's like having a personal trainer. most ppl can exercise on their own, but having a PT forces you to do it when you don't want to.

ok, so here's my idea: how about I do this for you, and you write a $100 check to my children's yeshiva? I have fun, you have a mitzvah, a tax deduction, and a streamlined image, the gmach gets some more stuff (maybe) and the yeshiva gets a nice donation. everyone wins!

Tefila

Post Tue, Feb 28 2006, 8:09 pm
Chen in that case could you please do it for me Smile

chen

Post Tue, Feb 28 2006, 8:33 pm
deal...but not before pesach!

Mommy912

Post Tue, Feb 28 2006, 9:12 pm
Tefila wrote:
Chen in that case could you please do it for me Smile

Is this the Tefila who described her house as
Tefila wrote:

..our frontier is always spotless..

Question Question

Tefila

Post Tue, Feb 28 2006, 11:28 pm
Lol Very Happy my frontier of my house is spotless, Exclamation But that doesn't say anything for me on my choice of clothes , shall we just say is very different embarrassed
I hold onto so many items of clothing for sentimentality it's no joke Rolling Eyes
Quote:
an outsider can be objective, having no sentimental or historical attachment to your stuff. (and they know that that psychedelic green and orange turtleneck does not complement your complexion, even if you were wearing it when you were voted prettiest girl in 7th grade.)

Thats the only reason I would choose someone Tongue Out

But this is all theory when it truly boils down who does such a thing Confused pay for what Confused

hisorerus

Post Wed, Mar 01 2006, 2:49 am
Chen, can I fly you in?

Meema2Kids

Post Wed, Mar 01 2006, 8:42 am
A couple of friends have done this for me on a few occassions and it's been really helpful. But I wouldn't pay someone to do it unless I had a lot more money. LOL

cindy324

Post Wed, Mar 01 2006, 11:11 am
Quote:
But then, consider where I live, I guess! (Not Chicago, either!)

Yes, Chanala, I heard it's pretty rough "somewhere between the right coast and the left coast", I live there too, and , boy , is it tough! LOL

queen

Post Wed, Mar 01 2006, 11:17 am
This service is most helpful to those that don't have an eye for what looks good on them......

If one looks hard enough, you could find a service for just about anything!!!! What was the strangest service you've ever come across??????
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics