Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Bugaboo cant decide
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

gryp

Post Thu, Apr 30 2009, 10:34 pm
To me that's the funny thing about this all. Everyone who has it loves it. That's a lot of people out there, all loving the same stroller.

I still have the same Graco I bought 6 years ago when my oldest was born, in great condition, though I mostly use my $$95 double stroller. I hate it but wouldn't trade it for anything. I've been waiting for it to break since the day I bought it so I could get a new one, and after 2.5 years I've stopped waiting. If it did break though, I'd probably get another one, it's perfect for our needs.
Truth is in the nice weather we have nowadays I use my $12 umbrella stroller I bought 5 years ago. It's been through 4 kids and in almost perfect condition.

cassandra

Post Thu, Apr 30 2009, 10:37 pm
I guess we will just never understand what a life-changing thing a good stroller can be. We can't even dream of it.

amother

Post Thu, Apr 30 2009, 10:49 pm
I just like nice things and my kids a very spread apart

cassandra

Post Thu, Apr 30 2009, 10:51 pm
amother wrote:
I just like nice things and my kids a very spread apart

Best answer I've ever heard.

amother

Post Thu, Apr 30 2009, 10:54 pm
what do you mean r u making fun of me?????????????????????????

RedRuby

Post Thu, Apr 30 2009, 11:01 pm
This is so humorous to me...

I have an agenda???

Love that!

LOL

Me thinks all you Buggaboo lovers do protest too much.

(but maybe you think the same about me Wink )

cassandra

Post Thu, Apr 30 2009, 11:05 pm
amother wrote:
what do you mean r u making fun of me?????????????????????????

Nope, I was dead serious. It was very honest.

amother

Post Thu, Apr 30 2009, 11:11 pm
nevermind I wont post anymore about it

BennysMommy

Post Thu, Apr 30 2009, 11:27 pm
I love this thread.

anon

Post Thu, Apr 30 2009, 11:28 pm
RedRuby wrote:

Me thinks all you Buggaboo lovers do protest too much.

I only protest due to the shocking reactions we got for our purchase (from friends in real life). DH and I couldn't believe how so many people had such strong opinions about our choice of stroller.

Cassandra, I don't deny that there is an element of enjoyment derived from the status and "niceness" that the bugaboo offers. But it's more of somethign that I get to enjoy after the fact. It in no way influenced my decision to make the purchase in the first place. Dh and I are too cheap, and DH is too vehemently against anything showy, to spend money on something like that (perhaps that's why our friends freaked out when we bought it?).

My summary:
1) There is a status symbol attached to the bugaboo (though not as much these days, since it's become so common for ppl to have it)
2) I enjoy the niceness (or status?) of it.
3) Status/niceness played no role in my decision to purchase it. Rather, my decision was solely based on comfort and functionality.

Is there anything written above that's difficult to believe?

RedRuby

Post Thu, Apr 30 2009, 11:32 pm
Anon,

Of course I believe you.

amother who started this thread doesn't seem to have the summary all worked out yet.

(and Benny'sMom...I love this thread too!)

amother

Post Fri, May 01 2009, 7:32 am
When we get a stroller the last thing I am getting bli neder is the bagaboo. I hate it!! And I especial hate it when a man pushes it or when a big 1 year old sits in it. They look totally over grown.

Bh we could VERY much afford the bugaboo when the time comes with all the extras but there is no way I would get it, I think its a total fashion and status symbol. All the kollel wives in my neighborhood have it,a and while I am almost sure there in laws or parents paid for it, I think its over rated and over done.

ss321

Post Fri, May 01 2009, 7:45 am
amother wrote:
I am the original poster, this is not a prank this is for real. Money is not the issue I am not saying its cheap but we can pay for it B"h.

I just cant decide , . I guess if so many people have it, it must be good. Evryone I spoke to that has it says they love it, and I should get it. But dont know if I should do it , or get something else .

amother, if you like the stroller, then get hte stroller. but your post was really open ended. Its like coming on here and saying "should I buy a shirt?"
well yes you probably should. But without any details, how can we tell you if you shirt should be more suited for warm or cool weather. If we should be sending you links to nice chanel ones, or nice ones from target. If you dont tell us the colors you like, or if you like things tighter or looser, it will be hard to advise you as to which one will suit your taste

same goes for strollers. other people love the bugaboo (I personally love it and am happy with it), and there are lots of reasons to like it. however, there are ALSO lots of negatives. for many people, the folding can be cumbersome. It is not a "one handed" fold. Not easy if you are getting on and off like buses all day long. The basket for keeping stuff in down below, isnt that big. it will definitely fit a diaper bag, but if you want to use your stroller to store tons of stuff (like if you are a SAHM and take your kid out all day with you while you run 100 errands, going from store to store and have tons of bags). If that is a consideration for you, you might want to look at other strollers. It is lightweight, which is great, but that also means, unlike a heavier stroller, you cant really hang the bags (that-recall - dont fit below) from the handlebar. Air wheels are great, but just like bikes and cars they can go flat.
Those are all the negatives I can think of, there are lots of bugaboo haters on here who can tell you "you are wasting your money, flaunting your stroller, get a graco this or instead."
If you have specific quesitons, feel free to post. But an open-ended post like yours- that is why you got such funny responses, no one can really give you any advice if you dont ask a question.

trust me though dont get it just because "other people" say it is good. And anyway, if youwant to impress your friends, you will impress them much more with an orbit or stokke ok?

square_peg

Post Sat, May 16 2009, 11:54 pm
cassandra wrote:
Women don't gush as much over their washing machines.

This sentence is funny... Smile even if I have a bugaboo..

amother

Post Sat, May 16 2009, 11:59 pm
amother wrote:
I am the original poster, this is not a prank this is for real. Money is not the issue I am not saying its cheap but we can pay for it B"h.

I just cant decide , . I guess if so many people have it, it must be good. Evryone I spoke to that has it says they love it, and I should get it. But dont know if I should do it , or get something else .

don't just get it becasue everyone has it.. I did end up with the bugaboo, but gotta tell you, throughout my pregnancy I was adamantly saying that I'm for sure not getting it.. Went to baby stores and tried lots of strollers and ended up liking that the best..

Now, dont just buy the bugaboo because some anonymous mother said she tested them all and the bugaboo is the best. Go to the stores and see which oens you like.

CHANY115

Post Wed, May 20 2009, 10:45 am
I won a bugabee stroller and want to sell it for 490 its brand new with tags, if interstead u can pm me

CHANY115

Post Wed, May 20 2009, 10:46 am
I won a bugabee stroller and want to sell it for 490 its brand new with tags, if interstead u can pm me

bnm

Post Wed, May 20 2009, 10:53 am
CHANY115 wrote:

My friend might be, what color?

CHANY115

Post Wed, May 20 2009, 11:04 am
the stroller is black but the hood is hot pink but the hoods u can change. u can buy it in any store just the hood if u have a boy or u want a different color.

CHANY115

Post Wed, May 20 2009, 11:04 am
the stroller is black but the hood is hot pink but the hoods u can change. u can buy it in any store just the hood if u have a boy or u want a different color.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics