Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Pampers
1  2  Next

Martini

Post Sun, May 03 2009, 8:32 pm
With 2 kids in diapers I feel like I'm spending my whole paycheck on pampers! lol Would anyone know where I could get a good deal on them? The best would be online, but local stores are fine as well.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, May 03 2009, 8:39 pm
You don't nec. need Pampers. Look for a generic brand diaper instead.

Fabulous

Post Sun, May 03 2009, 8:41 pm
If you live near a walmart or costco, those two would probably be your best bet. Also, in the sunday papers, you can keep an eye out for coupons and/or sales by places like Target.

Martini

Post Sun, May 03 2009, 8:47 pm
Anyone tried BJ's? How are the prices on Diapers there?

MommyLuv

Post Sun, May 03 2009, 9:10 pm
I just got a 176-count case of size 4 Pampers Baby-dry. I paid 40$.

edit-this was at BJ's.

NotInNJMommy

Post Sun, May 03 2009, 9:14 pm
I tried out walmart's generic brand (parent's choice) and had good experiences, but with any brand, it really depends on what your baby is contributing, how your baby is shaped, etc.

the parents choice is ~$14 for 92 size 4. I was relieved when I tried them and they worked out.

Martini

Post Sun, May 03 2009, 9:17 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:
I tried out walmart's generic brand (parent's choice) and had good experiences, but with any brand, it really depends on what your baby is contributing, how your baby is shaped, etc.

the parents choice is ~$14 for 92 size 4. I was relieved when I tried them and they worked out.

The cheapest company I would go with is Luvs. I somehow don't trust the other cheap brands.

NotInNJMommy

Post Sun, May 03 2009, 9:18 pm
Martini wrote:
NotInNJMommy wrote:

The cheapest company I would go with is Luvs. I somehow don't trust the other cheap brands.

I understand. I bought a small package to test the waters bc I too also didn't want to commit to a cheaper brand without some experimentation.

ganizzy

Post Sun, May 03 2009, 9:37 pm
diapers.com has a $10 off coupon and u can send in ur coupons and theyll deduct it from ur next order

chocolate moose

Post Sun, May 03 2009, 9:38 pm
Martini wrote:
NotInNJMommy wrote:

Then you aren't spending your money on diapers. You're spending it on Trust. You can't have it both ways, Martini !

Martini

Post Sun, May 03 2009, 9:40 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
Martini wrote:
NotInNJMommy wrote:

Then you aren't spending your money on diapers. You're spending it on Trust. You can't have it both ways, Martini !

ha ha!! You're funny!! Ok, so I wanna have it all. Where is it written that I can't? LOL

NotInNJMommy

Post Sun, May 03 2009, 9:42 pm
Martini wrote:
chocolate moose wrote:
Martini wrote:
NotInNJMommy wrote:

ha ha!! You're funny!! Ok, so I wanna have it all. Where is it written that I can't? LOL

It is true, IMHO, that I'd rather spend more money on more reliable diapers then have more laundry, etc. to clean up from cheaper, less reliable ones.

At the end of the day, when I had 2 in diapers, I just had to experiment bc the bills were staggerring. In my case, they worked just as well as the pampers I was using.

ganizzy

Post Mon, May 04 2009, 2:23 am
when I had 3 in diapers, I would buy the cheap brand one size up and use it for daytime. for naptime and nights I would use pampers

Fresh

Post Mon, May 04 2009, 6:24 am
Luvs didn't work for me. I use pampers. Which btw, costco has only huggies that does not work for my chunky baby, cause it runs narrow.

greeneyes

Post Mon, May 04 2009, 12:11 pm
I switched from Luvs to Target diapers after hearing from several friends that they were pleased with the Target diapers. The Target diapers are working fine, and they are a lot cheaper. I use the next size up for the night, but I did that with Luvs too.

avimom

Post Mon, May 04 2009, 8:17 pm
and when I tred the target ones, they leaked over and over and gave my kids a rash to boot! You basically have to see which ones work for you. Hint- if you want to try the babies r us brand (especially for you) they sometimes have them in the store changing room as samples.
I have a r us credit card and with all the coupons they send, I find babies r us to be cheapest for the pampers. Their pampers boxes are also bigger than target's pampers boxes- you have to be caresul to read the count and then figure the whole thing out...

Martini

Post Wed, May 06 2009, 11:31 am
Fresh wrote:
Luvs didn't work for me. I use pampers. Which btw, costco has only huggies that does not work for my chunky baby, cause it runs narrow.

I love Huggies, but they are really expensive.... Sad

Martini

Post Wed, May 06 2009, 11:35 am
greeneyes wrote:
I switched from Luvs to Target diapers after hearing from several friends that they were pleased with the Target diapers. The Target diapers are working fine, and they are a lot cheaper. I use the next size up for the night, but I did that with Luvs too.

Do the sizes run the same as Luvs? If I usually use size 4 & 5, do I stick with that size for target diapers?

tovarena

Post Tue, Jun 02 2009, 3:48 pm
Just wanted to let y'all know - I found a 15% off coupon at amazon.com for pampers and luvs (I think through June 15). User code PMPRSJN9 when you check out. Or go to this page for more details. They also have a deal on some of the pampers to save an additional 15% if you do the subscribe and save option, but it was mostly on the smaller packages, so it still wasn't turning out as cheap as the larger packages with just the 15%.

Mommastuff

Post Tue, Jun 02 2009, 8:22 pm
avimom wrote:
and when I tred the target ones, they leaked over and over .

same here. I found them to be the cheapest that I saw and heard that they were decent but I've already had too many leaks so I'll just save the rest of the package for if I run out of the Pampers. I found Huggies to fit best (she's narrow with a big tush! LOL ).

For my other one, she leaked with luvs and fit Pampers the best (chunky kid)
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains