Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How often do you wash your guest's sheets?
Previous  1  2

Besiyata Dishmaya

Post Wed, May 06 2009, 9:21 am
voilla wrote:
Wow, what a great MIL I am!!!!Have dil's almost every shabbos. Don't hesitate to strip every week and put clean linen. I have several sets in my guest room and automatically change to new one after shabbos and wash used one. Hope they appreciate!!

If you're my mil, yes I appreciate it Very Happy

amother

Post Wed, May 06 2009, 10:58 am
MeThinks wrote:
amother wrote:
I also had an issue when at my MIL house. She's very sweet and accomodating, but she's BH got a lot on her plate and would sometimes lose track of clean/used linen, like another couple would be over one shabbos and she meant to put the stuff away, but forgot or if we were there 2 non-consecutive weeks, she would put new linen on top of ours, and then remove. it took awhile for dh to get out of me why I didn't feel totally comfortable at his parents', and his solution was to bring our own linen (an old set) that we would keep there and take home to wash at will. Well, BH, it never came to that, as now we have moved to our own place and make shabbos each week.

Couldn't you tell your husband outright what bothered you instead dreading to go to your mil. Many times we'd bring our own linen wherever we went even to hotels that weren't 5 star.

I didn't have a solution, so I just managed. I still thought bringing my own linen was mildly insulting to MIL, when she (usually) made the effort

amother

Post Wed, May 06 2009, 11:04 am
amother wrote:
MeThinks wrote:
amother wrote:
I also had an issue when at my MIL house. She's very sweet and accomodating, but she's BH got a lot on her plate and would sometimes lose track of clean/used linen, like another couple would be over one shabbos and she meant to put the stuff away, but forgot or if we were there 2 non-consecutive weeks, she would put new linen on top of ours, and then remove. it took awhile for dh to get out of me why I didn't feel totally comfortable at his parents', and his solution was to bring our own linen (an old set) that we would keep there and take home to wash at will. Well, BH, it never came to that, as now we have moved to our own place and make shabbos each week.

Couldn't you tell your husband outright what bothered you instead dreading to go to your mil. Many times we'd bring our own linen wherever we went even to hotels that weren't 5 star.

I didn't have a solution, so I just managed. I still thought bringing my own linen was mildly insulting to MIL, when she (usually) made the effort

Same amother, but add: I did enjoy going and have a wonderful, open relationship with my MIL, and we might laugh about this one day...but she does have a little complex, since I'm more balabatish and do it seemingly without effort.

Once I bought her a gift of 20 crystal glasses -they were greatly reduced at daffy's and not my style, but hers! Up to that point she would use hard plastic, sometimes re-rinsed, since her fancy stemware didn't fit in her dishwasher...She appreciated the gift, but SIL thought she might have seen it as a judgement...I just try to be careful, that's why we're friends Smile

amother

Post Wed, May 06 2009, 2:59 pm
same amother as the one who has designated linen at inlaws.

when I went to my inlaws for the second days of pesach, my mil offered for us to sleep on the same linen that my newly married sil just slept on the first days. she even said that I can sleep on hers and my dh can sleep on his (as if that makes a diff!). I kind of said maybe... but then took our linen out of the closet (that we had previously used) and put it on the beds. even my dh didnt get why I was so grossed out by the idea of using a married couples (and newly at that) linen. like, hello! ew!!

Mimisinger

Post Thu, May 07 2009, 8:55 am
Ok, I would never want to sleep on used linen - EW, nor would I leave the same linen on for two different people, again, EW!

However, we have a friend of dh's sleeping over once/week so he can continue to date someone without having to drive home (to another state) after the date.

I had this same question last week.

I decided that he slept on the sheets for one night (actually about 6 hours, because he comes in after midnight, and goes with dh to 6:20 shacharis), and I would leave it on for this week also. I did go back and forth actually, but decided it was only one night.

Now I'm going to wash them a) because it's time and b) we're having my IL's stay over in between and I think it's quite weird to fold up linen and put them back in the closet if they're still dirty.

If they're already off the beds, why not wash them?

The hardest part is the putting them back on. If you have to do that anyway...what's the problem?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry