Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How can I get a bleach stain out of black pants????

bazoooooks

Post Mon, May 04 2009, 3:36 pm
Somehow, bleach got on my husband's black pants. Is there anything I can buy to put on the stains to get the pants back to being totally black??
TIA

shnitzel

Post Mon, May 04 2009, 4:00 pm
try a sharpie! your other option is to bleach the rest of them - you can't get a bleach stain "out" since it's not on the fabric it changes the fabric.

momomany

Post Mon, May 04 2009, 4:01 pm
black permanent marker

bazoooooks

Post Mon, May 04 2009, 4:07 pm
Thanks but I tried the black permanent marker- its not dark enough- a bleach stain is sooooo strong.
Also, thanks, but I want to save my husbands pants- I want them to be black not bleached!

Fabulous

Post Mon, May 04 2009, 4:11 pm
I had a brand new expensive (thing 80 bucks as present from my mother) sweater that I got bleach on and just had to throw out cuz it was really bad.

bazoooooks

Post Mon, May 04 2009, 4:19 pm
I was thinking maybe of opening a black pen and trying the black ink from it. I have nothing to lose at this point, but isnt there any product that dye's things or something?
Also, these were very good Lands End pants, and I dont have the Chutzpah to send it back to them because it was my fault, not theirs (even though they would probably take it back no questions asked)

Mommastuff

Post Mon, May 04 2009, 5:35 pm
bazoooooks wrote:
I was thinking maybe of opening a black pen and trying the black ink from it. I have nothing to lose at this point, but isnt there any product that dye's things or something?
Also, these were very good Lands End pants, and I dont have the Chutzpah to send it back to them because it was my fault, not theirs (even though they would probably take it back no questions asked)

so why don't you try tie-dye dyes. They come in all colors and you can do it twice if it's not dark enough. Just watch out for your clothes on you!

greenfire

Post Mon, May 04 2009, 5:40 pm
rit clothing dye ... follow instructions ... but careful of the dye mess it leaves behind ...

ra_mom

Post Mon, May 04 2009, 5:49 pm
Yes, the last option is Rit dye.
Follow the instructions on the package carefully.
But it may not come out as you want it to, since the part that is still black, might stay a darker shade.
Good luck! Let us know how it comes out.

bazoooooks

Post Mon, May 04 2009, 6:03 pm
Where would I purchase this Dye? I never heard of it.
TIA

ra_mom

Post Mon, May 04 2009, 6:08 pm
You can find it in many hardware stores, large chain pharmacies, and large chain supermarkets.
If you're in Brooklyn, you can get it at Sew Splendid on 13th Ave.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry