Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
At what age did you move your baby out of your room?
1  2  Next

At what age did you move your baby out of your room
3 months  
 15%  [ 7 ]
4-5 months  
 11%  [ 5 ]
6-7 months  
 22%  [ 10 ]
8-9 months  
 6%  [ 3 ]
10 months plus  
 43%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 44

Frumom

Post Thu, Mar 02 2006, 10:28 pm
If you have more than one child and did differently with each, respond about your first.
What method did you use?

(corrected the subject q, thanks 1stimer Smile )

Last edited by Frumom on Sat, Mar 04 2006, 7:05 pm; edited 2 times in total

stem

Post Thu, Mar 02 2006, 10:41 pm
6 weeks. I had a monitor right next to my head so I could hear her every breath and softest wimper, even though she was in the room right next door! She started sleeping better, and so did we.

chen

Post Thu, Mar 02 2006, 10:42 pm
they were never really in our room. we had a crib in the other bedroom and a (borrowed) cradle in our room the first few weeks. they outgrow a cradle pretty fast, so once that happened they were in the crib in their own room. and once the cradle goes back to its owner, there's no choice. (we couldn't have moved the crib into our room even if we had wanted to: it was assembled in the kids' room, and was too wide to go through the door!)

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Mar 02 2006, 11:13 pm
I just put my son out at six months. It was hard for me the first night but I got used to it quickly and he is sleeping so much better!he's sleeping through the night most nights. His room is attached to mine so I can hear him wake up. He also naps much better now that he doesnt hear my every move and every phone ring from the big bedroom. I simply put him in the big crib and he got used to it.

curlyhead

Post Fri, Mar 03 2006, 1:32 am
My first by about 6-7 weeks. Both you and the baby sleep better and you only hear if the baby is really crying. But the rooms are right next to each other. My 2nd was not till about 6 months but that was just because I did not want her to wake up my toddler and I did not trust my toddler to be in the same room as her. I was scared he would climb into her crib. But both of them still woke up for a nurse until they were over a year.

zigi

Post Fri, Mar 03 2006, 1:39 am
my first at 6 1/2 months and second she's still my room I'm thinking of moving to the couch! I want to move her but she still wakes up in the really early morning 4;00, also like rivky I don't trust my toddler not to climb into her crib and I don't want her to wake him up. I think hopefully I will move her out this weekend. she just turned 8 months.

hisorerus

Post Fri, Mar 03 2006, 1:54 am
Isn't it hard when you wake up in the middle of the night, to have to get out of bed completely and go into another room to get the baby?

He*Sings*To*Me

Post Fri, Mar 03 2006, 2:34 am
We "eased" her out...by putting the basinette from by my bed (between us, actually) to the living room to the nursery over a period of months...when she started really sleeping through the night we initiated the transition, since she wasn't waking up to breastfeed at 2 am and 5 am.

1stimer

Post Fri, Mar 03 2006, 4:33 am
you must be pretty desperate if you want to 'moe' your kid out of the bedroom Wink

technic

Post Fri, Mar 03 2006, 5:50 am
hmmmmmmm I think I was abt 46 when we got the last one out!!! Rolling Laughter

DL

Post Fri, Mar 03 2006, 5:57 am
my 1st son was 5 weeks old,second is still coming in and the last was about 12 weeks I think.

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Mar 03 2006, 8:28 am
hisorerus wrote:
Isn't it hard when you wake up in the middle of the night, to have to get out of bed completely and go into another room to get the baby?
I have to get out of bed completely anyway to make a bottle fo rthe baby and to use the bathroom, so walking another 5 yards instead of 2 inches is not the end of the world Smile

hisorerus

Post Fri, Mar 03 2006, 1:14 pm
That's true- I nurse and don't have to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, so it was hard for me to imagine.

Frumom

Post Sat, Mar 04 2006, 7:07 pm
My son is 5 and a half months old and I'm trying to figure out when to move him into his own room. He still wakes up a few times during the night to nurse, and like hisorerus said, I dont want to have to get up and feed him each time. Anyway, I'm hoping that if he's in his own room he'll wake up less. Is that true, or is 5 and a half months too young?

Last edited by Frumom on Sat, Mar 04 2006, 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Mar 04 2006, 7:32 pm
I don't really remember, we didn't have a 2nd bedroom until we had our 2nd baby & moved, but we did move our son to the dining room after a while...it must have been after he was eating solids at a year......

ny_ima

Post Sat, Mar 04 2006, 10:27 pm
technic LOL that was funny
I beat you all to it, my son is over 2 and has no intention of sleeping out of our room! we moved that darn crib in and out so many times the screws are lopsided and probably wouldn't pass an inspection! we just cant bear to hear him cry or even worse, jump out!

at this point, WE can't fall asleep without baby in room!!!!

guilty of being outsmarted, as charged! Confused

Frumom

Post Sat, Mar 04 2006, 10:35 pm
Woah, I really hope I can get ours out way before that!

zigi

Post Sun, Mar 05 2006, 2:29 am
wow I actually did it I moved my daughter out!

my son slept better when he was in another room,he could sleep a full night at 7 months, I have no idea how that happened, with my daughter I see that every child is differant, I hope his sister won't wake him up. my daughter still needs to nurse but I'm hoping that if I nurse her in her sleep she won't wake up by herself.

ButterflyGarden

Post Sun, Mar 05 2006, 3:21 am
Before she was 6 weeks old my daughter slept in the livingroom just outside our door. By 8 weeks we had moved (across the world) and she had her own room, so she slept there.

imanut

Post Sun, Mar 05 2006, 9:13 pm
we lived in a one bedroom apt til my daughter was 6 months old, so there was no where else to put her. by the time she was in her own room she was only nursing twice at night, I used a rocking chair, it wasn't so hard.

now my son is 6 months old. he's up a lot at night so he is still in our room.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics