Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Restaurants in NYC
1  2  Next

imamothertoo

Post Mon, May 11 2009, 2:08 pm
Looking for a real nice restaurant with excellent food for a celebration dinner with dh. Thanks.

Mommish

Post Mon, May 11 2009, 2:33 pm
I haven't been there yet, but there's a new one on the UES that's supposed to be really good called Turquoise. I'm sure you could find info online.

Fabulous

Post Mon, May 11 2009, 2:46 pm
how much do you want to spend?

greeneyes

Post Mon, May 11 2009, 2:48 pm
We went to Mike's Bistro a couple months ago, & we really liked it.

Va Bene is also really nice, if you want dairy.

Fabulous

Post Mon, May 11 2009, 2:50 pm
greeneyes wrote:
We went to Mike's Bistro a couple months ago, & we really liked it.

Va Bene is also really nice, if you want dairy.

Really? recently I went out with my dh and walked in and out, the menu was not so interesting IMO. We always enjoy Abigails.

greeneyes

Post Mon, May 11 2009, 3:01 pm
Yes. The food was fantastic. The service & ambience were also lovely.

goodheart

Post Mon, May 11 2009, 3:02 pm
I second mikes bistro
I second abigailes too
la carne is also very good

Fabulous

Post Mon, May 11 2009, 3:08 pm
greeneyes wrote:
Yes. The food was fantastic. The service & ambience were also lovely.

Thanks. I'm one of those that orders the same thing every time for fear of disappointment. Maybe, I was just feeling to nervous to try anyplace else except for Abigails (our standard fancy restaurant for special occasions).

bubby

Post Mon, May 11 2009, 3:16 pm
If you want Brooklyn, Orchadea is lovely (I adored the mushroom drop appetizer). VERY nice for an "occasion" (DH took me there for my birthday.)

Shalshelet

Post Mon, May 11 2009, 3:31 pm
Wolf and Lamb is also another nice one.
Then there is this quaint little morrocan restaurant on the UES. I unfortunately can't recall the name right now.

skymile

Post Mon, May 11 2009, 3:47 pm
I just looked up mike's bistro. the menu is so small! and they have tons of fish... I am NOT a fish person (except for sushi Wink ) what did you guys order??

Kmommy18

Post Mon, May 11 2009, 3:49 pm
I really like Tevere84. You will have to make a reservation though because they are a busy place... The food and ambience are amazing!

myfriends715

Post Mon, May 11 2009, 4:04 pm
la carne grill is great
solo is also good
these are pricy but worth it

ss321

Post Mon, May 11 2009, 4:16 pm
what price range??
I would not do abigaels. have never been impresed and have been there numerous times.
someone mentoined tourquoise- just a warning, alhtough its a fleishig place they really are more of a fish plac, if you love fish its a great choice, they have a great variety of entrees. used to be a non kosher restaurant btw! I guess somoene bought it and decided to kasher it
le marais is always dependable good food. never had a bad experience there
tevere- also excellent. its small though, so it can be stuffy. OTOH it can be really nice for a "romantic' "candlelit" type dinner! expect to pay a bit more than le marais
prime grill is good food horrible, and I repeat, horrible service (and gratuity is included. so I think theyre mean on purpose. they just dont care)
solo is OK but IMO not worth the money
mikes bistro-fun place, loud, but the food isnt that great
darna is moroccan really fun food but different than classic steak house

lower priced is noahs ark on lower east side its a deli style place but their menu is SO extensive its unbelievable. really really good food. but more a family place not a nice dinner out celebrating place

milchigs there is my most favorite dessert, every x ive gone ive gotten food poisoning ranging from mild to severe
there is also a place on the UWS called la creperie, really good

those are the ones I can think of off hte topo of my head

post what type yo uwant (bigger, smaller, price range, type of food) and maybe people can give you more directed, specific, responses!

goodheart

Post Mon, May 11 2009, 4:17 pm
luv2cook4eva wrote:
I just looked up mike's bistro. the menu is so small! and they have tons of fish... I am NOT a fish person (except for sushi Wink ) what did you guys order??

Hot appetizer is heaven
Handmade Gnocchi duck & chicken confit, roasted portobello mushrooms, fresh thyme, duck jus

and any of there steaks r also very good.there desserts r heaven too.
if u want u can try there
Available nightly at the Chef’s discretion.
Courses are selected by the Chef.
Tasting Menus require the participation of the entire table.
Chef Mike recommends making a reservation for all tasting menus at least twenty four hours in advance.

$89
Seven courses

With Wine Paired for Three Courses:
add $20

Vegetarian Tasting Menus are available
good luck! enjoy!

DefyGravity

Post Mon, May 11 2009, 4:30 pm
ss321 wrote:

milchigs there is my most favorite dessert, every x ive gone ive gotten food poisoning ranging from mild to severe

I think their menu is boring, but everytime I've eaten there, I've never gotten sick, nor anyone I know.

relaxed

Post Mon, May 11 2009, 7:20 pm
My Most Favorite Dessert is definitely NOT my most favorite anything. I think I got big fat stomach aches each time I went.

My hubby and I actually love Deli Kasbah's food on the UWS. Estihana in Flatbush has great food. Cafe K, in Flatbush and on Ditmas, has good food too. If you love sushi, Tea for Two on Kings Highway has delicious sushi and the other dishes are very edible. Of all these I've mentioned, Deli Kasbah is the only one that's usually full but doesn't feel crowded (to me, at least). The others are perpetually full and crowded.

Good luck!! Cheers

greeneyes

Post Mon, May 11 2009, 9:32 pm
luv2cook4eva wrote:

We ordered the braised boneless short ribs, which was amazing, and then this crispy veal with warm arugula & portobello salad, which isn't on the menu that you see online. For dessert we got the chocolate fondue for 2, which was of course, delicious. Mmmmm can't wait to go back there.

http://www.mikesbistro.com/ind.....id=46

cassandra

Post Mon, May 11 2009, 9:35 pm
I love Mike's also-- I even made a party there. We love doing the tasting menu, but if you don't like beets (which is one food I detest) make sure to tell them otherwise you will definitely get the beet salad. He's kind of obsessed with it.

imamothertoo

Post Tue, May 12 2009, 1:18 am
Thanks so much. Im looking for excellent food in Fleishig for supper AND milchige place for next day brunch. Price isnt a concern as we r celebrating a "biggie". ALso would prefer it to b in midtown Manhattan. Thanks
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries