Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Help with food for Pesach

amother

Post Sun, Mar 05 2006, 3:03 am
Well Pesach is just around the corner and I am sure that my DH and I are not the only ones starting to worry about how we are going to afford to buy food for Yom Tov.

My DH & I have been having financial problems since we got married. We both work full time and I am in school full time as well. My parents are in no position to help us financially and we cannot ask my Dh's father because of relationship difficulties. We are so deep in debt to gemachim already because we ended up having to pay for half the wedding ourselves(my parents paid for the other half) and would rather not borrow more money.

I called the Tomchai Shabbos organization in Brooklyn to see if we can get on the list at least for some help for Shabbos food and I was told that since we don't have children, they cannot add us to their list. Needless to say I was very hurt, especially since tzedakah is tzedakah and if a family doesn't have money for food, they should be helped- children or not.
Last year Pesach, I had to ask my sister in law to "borrow" a few chickens for the meals. I was more than embarrassed when she realized what was up but she is a sweetheart and made up some story about not having room in her freezer for them as well as no more room for the other things she gave me.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any other organizations that offer some sort of help with food for Pesach since there is no way we will be able to afford to buy the food we need, as well as matzah and grape juice..

Thanks everyone!

Freilichin Purim!

zigi

Post Sun, Mar 05 2006, 3:18 am
I heard that rabbi groner from crown heights gives money for pesach good luck! I think he's in the tzachlist you can pm for the number

amother

Post Tue, Mar 28 2006, 6:09 pm
please go to the thread
pay check to pay check !
refuah/yeshuah can help you
their number is 718-436-0666
they are located in brooklyn

Crayon210

Post Tue, Mar 28 2006, 6:17 pm
amother, you have brought me to tears. I am so sorry that you have these troubles (I can't believe that TS can't help you because you don't have children yet!), and I hope one of the organizations that have been mentioned on the other thread can be of help to you.

BH you have such a wonderful sister-in-law, though. That is a bracha.

May Hashem grant you and yours parnasa easily and abundantly.

ILOVELIFE

Post Tue, Mar 28 2006, 7:46 pm
PM me. I was in your situation and also had a hard time getting my money from a gmach cuz I didn't have kids. I was infertile (which I don't think u are) and infertility cost me an arm and a leg and the height of cycling is April so I was really in a kimchy. PM me and very likely I may be able to help u. Hope things go better for u.

sara4

Post Wed, Mar 29 2006, 2:42 pm
I don't know where you live but there is a new place in Flatbush that opened up last Pesach. I don't know what it is called. It is on Ave K between 29th & Nostrand. Last year they had so much leftover products that they made us take eggs & potatoes and Matzah because it was going to spoil (I donate my clothing there). They let anyone come in and take.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics