Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Child regressing

alefbais

Post Tue, May 12 2009, 7:58 pm
I am concerned about my three year old, he showed interest in the potty when he was 2.5, but I wasn't abl to potty train him because I had just had my third baby. then, a few months later when I was up to it,, he just didn't want to . finally, he was already three and a few months, and we decided to bribe him. so we bought him a train set, and every time he made, he would get a piece until he earned the whole thing until he finally got the train. it worked amazingly. he knew exactly when he had to go, and he went without assistance (obviously I helped, but he didn't require me to come along) but then, when he got the whole thing, he just stopped. and he also started stuttering. he'll urinate, but wont make (eliminate). so after a few days, thinking maybe it would pass, I told him he would need to earn the train again, so I tried to start over. but even though he loved the train set, he did not try to earn it back (ok, maybe once, but that was already after he made half of what he needed in his underwear) what should I do? a bigger bribe? I'm against bribes because their a way for children to learn to manipulate a parent, and not healthy for something that a child should be aspiring to as part of growing up (a prize, positive encouragement, etc. is one thing, but bribing- very sparingly) should I just let him wear diapers until he comes to it himself and jsut be accepting and loving in the meantime?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics