Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Question about bugaboo
1  2  Next

amother

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 10:58 am
is it really very difficult to fold
if I want to take it in the car sometimes is it
really a pain I have a minivan does it take up a lot of
space?
thanks

Mini Cookie

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 11:46 am
its not difficult as in "so how do I fold it again?" its difficult as in you need both hands, you have to click off the top piece & then the bottom gets folded (it remains big & bulky) folded it'll fit into most mini vans and will take up almost the whole trunk. Since I travle so seldom & everything is within walking distance I really didnt care & got myself a cheap carriage for traveling.

cassandra

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 12:00 pm
Whenever I'm in the mall parking lot I chuckle when I see a Bugaboo owner starting to fold her stroller as I am walking to my car and is still dealing with it in the time that I've buckled my kid, thrown my Maclaren umbrella stroller in the trunk, and have pulled away. I live in suburbia where you have to drive everywhere so most people don't have bugaboos for this reason. If it's only once in a while that you go in the car and most of the time you walk, or if you're a sahm with only one child and have a lot of time on your hands then maybe it's a better choice.

Raisin

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 12:08 pm
I was in the mall yesterday and every other stroller was a bugaboo, but they just had a carseat in the frame mostly. you can't use those bucket carseats past 9 months though.

sarahla

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 12:09 pm
amother wrote:
is it really very difficult to fold
if I want to take it in the car sometimes is it
really a pain I have a minivan does it take up a lot of
space?
thanks

its not a pain to fold once you learn the right way to do it!!!...I Heart my bugaboo but now that I thik of it its not practical if you have kids close together

chaylizi

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 12:27 pm
I bought one & resold it within 3 months. I hated it that much. admittedly, I didn't really want it in the first place & so I had almost no problem chucking it for some greenbacks. I'm another suburbanite though, that might be part of it.

chaylizi

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 12:29 pm
Raisin wrote:
I was in the mall yesterday and every other stroller was a bugaboo, but they just had a carseat in the frame mostly. you can't use those bucket carseats past 9 months though.

you can with some of the newer ones. graco just came out with a snugride that you can use until 32 lbs. the safeseat also goes up to30 lbs or more. my friend still has her 16 month old daughter in one.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 1:04 pm
Can you imagine carrying a 30 lb baby in a carseat that weighs more than 8 lbs?!?!?!
I think the notion of using it as a carrying carseat is going to break some backs Confused

ss321

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 4:39 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Can you imagine carrying a 30 lb baby in a carseat that weighs more than 8 lbs?!?!?!
I think the notion of using it as a carrying carseat is going to break some backs Confused

I do it Smile
we have the snugride 32 and its great. but I think its almost time to switch

amother, the bugaboo will def. fit into a minivan. I have it, and we drive to most places. yes, a maclaren would definitely be one less step which would be great. but OTOH, I love the ease of having the baby in the car seat wherever we go, he is buckled and can click right into the adapter in teh car. but then again, you dont need a bugaboo for that, you can use any snap n go stroller.
I think it strolls really well, and isnt bumpy. is that a reason to buy a stroller? probably not
but it taking 20 extra seconds to fold, IMO at least, isnt a reason to NOT consider it either.
rly depends what you are looking for in a stroller and what ur price range is

Pinky

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 4:44 pm
why dont you look into the bugaboo bee its great for traveling
I have and lve it it folds easy and very compacked

Clarissa

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 4:49 pm
cassandra wrote:
Whenever I'm in the mall parking lot I chuckle when I see a Bugaboo owner starting to fold her stroller as I am walking to my car and is still dealing with it in the time that I've buckled my kid, thrown my Maclaren umbrella stroller in the trunk, and have pulled away. I live in suburbia where you have to drive everywhere so most people don't have bugaboos for this reason. If it's only once in a while that you go in the car and most of the time you walk, or if you're a sahm with only one child and have a lot of time on your hands then maybe it's a better choice.
Same here in the city. They can't be used on buses, subways or even in taxis, so they're only for walking, and everyone who owns one also has to also own a Maclaren or whatever.

traveler

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 5:01 pm
I take at least a one hour walk daily, for that purpose I use my Bugaboo. In my car I have a Maclaren which I use in and out of the car.

The only time I take my Bugaboo in the car is if I am going away for the entire day and I want my baby to be more comfortable.

If you get a Bugaboo you will most likely need an umbrella stroller as well. I can't imagine shelping on a plane with a Bugaboo. Also my baby slept in the bassinet part until he was 2 months. It was such a pleasure just rolling him around and having him snug, comfy and happy.

ss321

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 5:23 pm
traveler wrote:
I take at least a one hour walk daily, for that purpose I use my Bugaboo. In my car I have a Maclaren which I use in and out of the car.

that is pretty much the most practical idea in the long term.

traveler wrote:
I can't imagine shelping on a plane with a Bugaboo.

rly? weve flown everywhere with the bug, its such a great plane stroller, IMO!! you get the baby in the car seat, so you have that with you on board as well as in teh car when you get to your destination, and usually, youre able to just fold it and put it in the overhead (747/777 only) or in the closet at the front of the cabin (sneaky, but true). sometimes weve gate checked the chassis, but at any rate, its great IMO, to be able to stow the chassis (either with you or below), but yet still have a car seat for the baby on the plane. I hate traveling with umbrella strollers, bcz then ur left with nowhere for the baby to sit/sleep!

traveler

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 6:16 pm
I have the cameleon, not exactly plane material. I flew when my baby was 4 months and then I just used the planes bassinet. When my baby was 7 months I took him in the car seat and stuck the car seat in my maclaren. Not the safest thing but it was only for 10 minutes or so.

Most infant car seats are up to 21lb - so you can only use it for a short while. Also if you want to put things in the closet up front on the plane they usually like when you are in business or first class.

The basic decision making IMO whether or not to get a bugaboo is if you WALK. If you are getting it just to go in and out of the car do not get it. Maybe look into the Bugaboo Bee or the new Inglasina Zippy

ss321

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 6:27 pm
traveler wrote:
I have the cameleon, not exactly plane material. I flew when my baby was 4 months and then I just used the planes bassinet.

they dont have bassinets on domestic!!
I also have the cam, I think its great for the plane, lol!
traveler wrote:

Most infant car seats are up to 21lb - so you can only use it for a short while. Also if you want to put things in the closet up front on the plane they usually like when you are in business or first class.

we got the snugride 32( goes to - 32 lbs), so we are still using it and loving it.
yea, sure, they usually like it. but if you are nice to the flight attendant, they will, 95% of the time, acquiesce, space permitting! yes, it is much eaiser when were upgraded to business. then they ask YOU can we put the stroller in the closet for you, rather than having to sneak, or begging nicely. b'h for credit card miles.

traveler wrote:

The basic decision making IMO whether or not to get a bugaboo is if you WALK. If you are getting it just to go in and out of the car do not get it. Maybe look into the Bugaboo Bee or the new Inglasina Zippy

I disagree. I am not a big walker, and I live in Flatbush where our Rov doesnt hold by the Eruv so no walking shabbos either. I do think its a good shopping stroller, for the amt of shopping I do by foot, which is not much. the basket is just the right size for us. A maclaren is definitely easier in and out of the car, but it isnt easier if you want to use it as a snap and go. and then, if price isnt the issue, you have (with the graco car seat) two choices (much more, but just for comparison purposes): graco's nap and go, and the bugaboo frog/cam. I like how the bugaboo pushes more, and that is where my basic decision arose from yrs ago!

Last edited by ss321 on Fri, May 15 2009, 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total

traveler

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 7:43 pm
Quote:
Flatbush where there is no Eruv

CORRECTION: There is an Eruv http://flatbusheruv.org/front_page.htm

I actually use it and love it! There is absolutely NOTHING like going out on shabbos. It is such a great feeling never having to sleep by my in-laws. Obviously I get nasty stares all the time, but the comfort of my bed and the convenience of shabbos guests totally out-weighs a few nasty looks and comments.

Back to our stroller discussion. If money is not an issue I would recommend a Baguaboo Cameleon and as a stroller a Bee and then a Snap&Go. I actually have the peg perego car seat and love it since it is up to 30lb. My baby is kind of getting upset since it is in a reclining position like all infant seats. Time to upgrade to a big boy car seat. If you don't want to splurge on the Bee a Maclaren Techno is just fine for in and out of the car and travel. And yes it only comes in the ugly gray or black, so a nice carriage liner would be a good idea too.

traveler

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 7:47 pm
Quote:
my friend still has her 16 month old daughter in one.

That is just CRUEL!!! Doesn't her child want to face forward and see the world???

chaylizi

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 7:50 pm
I don't think so. Especially since the AAP officially recommends rearfacing until 2 years of age, it really doesn't matter what the baby wants.

traveler

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 10:00 pm
Let the child be rear facing in a big carseat. The infant ones lean back and they child is constantly in a reclined position.

chaylizi

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 9:28 am
If someone buys a carseat for up to that weight, it sounds like they want to get more for their money. If their kids don't mind, why do you?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics