Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Question about bugaboo
Previous  1  2

ss321

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 12:42 pm
traveler wrote:
Quote:
Flatbush where there is no Eruv

CORRECTION: There is an Eruv http://flatbusheruv.org/front_page.htm

I actually use it and love it! There is absolutely NOTHING like going out on shabbos. It is such a great feeling never having to sleep by my in-laws. Obviously I get nasty stares all the time, but the comfort of my bed and the convenience of shabbos guests totally out-weighs a few nasty looks and comments.

edited my post.
I meant, we dont hold by the eruv.
I dont give people nasty looks. If I do stare, it is because I am secretly jealous.
(im really joking. I dont care what people do, although it would be nice if we held by it, or lived somewhere where there is an eruv that my DH would deem permissable).

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 12:48 pm
I don't get why you get more out of your money with an SR32, personally. If the baby is too heavy to carry, might as well get a convertible, which you'll need anyway. And pass the infant carrier onto the next one...

traveler

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 1:15 pm
[/quote]
edited my post.
I meant, we dont hold by the eruv.
I dont give people nasty looks. If I do stare, it is because I am secretly jealous.
(im really joking. I dont care what people do, although it would be nice if we held by it, or lived somewhere where there is an eruv that my DH would deem permissable).[/quote]

Don't worry about it. I LOVE that my DH holds of it. I would be miserable all Shabbos if I was stuck at home. I don't care what looks I get, I love it and hope one day everyone will just start using it.

Atali

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 2:17 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
I don't get why you get more out of your money with an SR32, personally. If the baby is too heavy to carry, might as well get a convertible, which you'll need anyway. And pass the infant carrier onto the next one...

That depends on the size of your baby.

If you recall my DD outgrew her Britax Companion at four months, which made shopping much more difficult. She was too big for her carrier (or the ones provided on shopping carts), but had difficulty sitting up straight in them due to her young age.

Although 32 pounds is way to heavy to carry in a carrier, 22 pounds is not.

anon

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 4:06 pm
I find it pretty annoying to take a bugaboo in and out of the car. I certainly wouldn't want to use it for quick car errands. If you plan on doing a lot of walking, then it's great. But you would need to have another cheap car stroller.

sw

Post Wed, May 27 2009, 4:18 pm
go for the bugaboo bee. folds in one piece adn wheels like a dream

sweet

Post Wed, May 27 2009, 7:23 pm
I have a frog and I love it and my 16 month old loves it too. Its extremly comfortable and pretty simple to fold.

wubby

Post Wed, May 27 2009, 7:45 pm
I don't see what the bigdeal is. yes, it may take a few extra seconds to fold, but it's worth it. the stroler is great. granted, I don't drive and walk everywhere, but if my dh drives us somewhere using the car, the bugaboo is the greatest. why spend so uch $ to get a snap n go, when you can use the car seat adapter if the baby still fits.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, May 28 2009, 10:40 am
So much $ to get a snap n go?!
They're around 50 bucks! Compared to a $700+ stroller, that's nothing.

bbmom

Post Thu, May 28 2009, 10:59 am
They are $70 and serve no purpose once the baby is not in the infant seat anymore. A stroller on the other hand can be used until the baby is 50 lbs.

I'm not vouching for the bug I'm just saying...

I bought the graco adapter for my stroller (uppa) for $40 and I think it's been a much better investment especially since I have zero space to store an extra stroller in my apartment, even a compact one.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, May 28 2009, 11:24 am
bbmom wrote:
They are $70 and serve no purpose once the baby is not in the infant seat anymore. A stroller on the other hand can be used until the baby is 50 lbs.

Depends where you buy. You can easily find Kolcraft for $50-$60.

I understand that it's only good for the infant seat. But if the choice is to get that + a stroller that is cheaper the the Bugaboo, you're not spending "that much money"...it sounded to me like it is a waste of money to buy since you can get a Bugaboo which serves the purpose for both. That does not sound very economical to me Smile

(And for some people who have a car, having a snap n go to leave in the car, and leaving a stroller in the house is worth it...)

bbmom

Post Thu, May 28 2009, 12:27 pm
True but it sounded to me like she was getting the bugaboo anyway.

pink_nails

Post Thu, May 28 2009, 12:50 pm
I love my bugaboo. I walk a lot and I think this is the best stroller for walking. As for folding it, dh sometimes puts it into the van without folding it- of cours only if the trunk is empty. I even took it on the subway- had a very easy time taking it up and down the stairs. Much easier then my flimsy inglesina stroller and my baby was able to sleep normally throughout the day so I shopped better too!

nylon

Post Sun, May 31 2009, 11:20 pm
I bought a Bugaboo when I lived in London. I walked a lot, and you don't fold your stroller on the bus there. So I never had to fold or unfold it, except on the rare occasion when I drove. It was wonderful and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who has that kind of lifestyle. The bassinet was much more comfortable for an infant than either a bucket seat or a Maclaren type stroller.

Now, I live in the 'burbs, and it's a pain... but I do still use it for longer trips because dd prefers it. It's a struggle to get her to sit in the Maclaren but she asks to ride in the Bug.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics