Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Curious-"real" pram strollers
Previous  1  2  3  Next

GAMZu

Post Sat, May 16 2009, 9:49 pm
I agree- It's so, so very pretty, but impractical as anything.
I see them every so often in BP.

I think Ruchel has one- wanna PM her to see if she wants to weigh in on this thread? Smile

bnm

Post Sat, May 16 2009, 10:07 pm
traveler wrote:

My friend has one of these. Her mother insisted on buying it for her. she has a different stroller for traveling.

Tefila

Post Sun, May 17 2009, 12:50 am
My mother got one way back in the 80's though so impractical as far as stores traveling etc but in those days not many drove like today.
I saw the twin version somewhere so adorable!

Tefila

Post Sun, May 17 2009, 1:03 am

mummy-bh

Post Sun, May 17 2009, 3:06 am
my mother also had one of the large coach built prams, back in the '70s.

I have a large pram, also silver cross, but not coach built; it's similar in style to the Emmaljunga one that Atali posted on the previous page. My mother bought it for me whan I had my first baby. I love pushing it - it's so bouncy and the great suspension more than makes up for the lack of swivel wheels.
Actually, the size of my pram (now folded up and in storage) is similar to that of the coach built prams. When my twins were tiny, I pushed both of them and also my toddler in that pram. it was a bit heavy! I think my pram cost about £300, but that was 12 years ago.

Pinky

Post Sun, May 17 2009, 8:22 am
these carriges arejust beautiful was dying to get it but its just to impractical for
btw my mother got one when she had her first (31 years ago) and she had someone handpaint it I those days most ppl. had it

chaylizi

Post Sun, May 17 2009, 9:01 am
my mother bought one (IIRC a perego) for her kids back in the 80's too. All of my kids have spent some time occupying it as well. I wouldn't buy one, but she's definitely gotten her money's worth. It probably cost much less back then, but whatever.

Aribenj

Post Sun, May 17 2009, 10:22 am
I had one of those when I was a baby, but it was a hand me down from one of my cousins. In fact, that stroller was passed down 15 times throughout 25 years! It's nothing if not durable!

But I still think the bugaboo is more practical...

chavs

Post Sun, May 17 2009, 11:16 am
in Denmark everyone have the silvercross styles, and they use them once the baby can sit. the inside is quite big and can comfortably fit an older baby up until two with a harness. My sister use one and they are not impractical at all in her opinion (I never used one), and actually not that hard to fold and unfold, you take the cot out and fold the chassis.

chavs

Post Sun, May 17 2009, 11:19 am
by the way my sister used it for all her kdis and the shopping basket is big and the whole thing is very sturdy.

Mommy3.5

Post Mon, May 18 2009, 4:58 am
ss321 wrote:
amother wrote:
My mom just brought a few of those baby silver crosses for her einklech in pink. There gorgeous but cost $$$$. I have seen one of the real silver cross around Israel. It was this chassidishe woman and she had that AND a bugaboo. Must have a lot of $$$. she also had it in blue, which imo if your buying such an expensive carriage isnt worth it.

I disagree-I think blue is a versatile color. You can use a pink blanket with navy blue and it doesnt look too boyish at all. I would rather blue than black or white...and unlike the bugaboo, it doesnt look like the silver cross comes with all these different crazy combos like khaki, hot pink, etc! I know lots of people who got that "special edition" denim bugaboo and use it for their girls. IMO though, it is ugly and so odd, why would you buy a thousand dollar stroller and then buy denim insides and then use that to walk aroudn in on shabbos. but to each her own.
oh gosh. if there was one on craigslist, I think I would get this if I had an infant. It is just so gorgeous.....but such a waste of money lol!

Denim can be used for a girl or a boy, I constantly scratch my head when I see women with the hot pink bugaboo's, My thought is ALWAYS, "What if the next one is a boy?" At 900-1200 a stroller, who can afford the blue one for the boy after they got the pink?

Personally, I always stick to something that can go either way, And there are so many choices, that gender neutral does not have to be boring,

Mama Bear

Post Mon, May 18 2009, 5:09 am
People in williamsburg still buy this type of stroller. It's either silver cross or inglesina, and I have the bebecar. It's a little heavy to push but so comfortable for the baby and a lot of room for packages.

http://www.buystrolleronline.c.....id=27

Mama Bear

Post Mon, May 18 2009, 5:12 am
These type of prams are not meant to be folded and/or transported. they are for strolling. People get a mclaren for traveling and a big pram for errands, walking etc. I have both: a mclaren techno for quick runs or trips etc. and the bebecar for shpatzeering or big bulky shopping trips. I moved int o my parents for shabbos this week and shlepped down with six huge bags, all in the basket and dangling from the handles. couldnt have done that with a bugaboo.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, May 18 2009, 5:17 am
mommy 3.5, the hoods are interchangeable.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, May 18 2009, 5:22 am
the bugaboo hoods that is.

ss321

Post Mon, May 18 2009, 5:31 am
Mommy3.5 wrote:

Denim can be used for a girl or a boy, I constantly scratch my head when I see women with the hot pink bugaboo's, My thought is ALWAYS, "What if the next one is a boy?" At 900-1200 a stroller, who can afford the blue one for the boy after they got the pink?

Personally, I always stick to something that can go either way, And there are so many choices, that gender neutral does not have to be boring,

I hear ya. I do think blue can go either way, I just dont think denim is so nice for shabbos /yt so I never understand that decision when I see it. But the hoods are interchangeable as MB said. so you can get a khaki stroller w hot pink hood and then buy a blue hood for a boy (ugly IMO but whatever).

Mama Bear Ive seen other pram looking strollers (I mean besides the bugaboo) such as the bebecar that you posted, or a silvercross one that looks like this http://www.silvercross-prams.c.....e.jpg, but I rarely see the actual balmoral or kensignton silvercross prams that all these others are supposedly modeled after

Mama Bear

Post Mon, May 18 2009, 5:40 am
The reason being because those dont convert to a sit up stroller once the child is no longer an infant. and they cant be strapped in. so when they can sit up and dont want to lay down the whole time, what do you do???

sarahd

Post Mon, May 18 2009, 5:46 am
You can (or you used to be able to) get a sort of seat with four bars extending over it that you could attach over the carriage for a second child to sit in.

My sister had a Silver Cross and although she used it as a carriage mostly only for her first couple of kids, she also used it as a bassinet for all the others. It was a real pleasure to stroll with it; it pushed like a dream and was so classy. I wonder what she did with it, I must ask her.

ss321

Post Mon, May 18 2009, 6:28 am
Mama Bear wrote:
The reason being because those dont convert to a sit up stroller once the child is no longer an infant. and they cant be strapped in. so when they can sit up and dont want to lay down the whole time, what do you do???

right - exactly why I figured most people dont purchase it. I wish they made some sort of toddler sit-up seat, a beautiful one, to "snap" onto that elegant chassis.

sarahd-I tried searching online for like silver cross toddler, silvercross balmoral sitting up, etc, out of sheer curiosity - I really wonder how a kid could safely sit up in this stroller. that would make it more "worth the money" IMO. Because then even though you are spending 2 thousand dollars on a stroller, at least you are making a purchase that will last you longer than the first 6 months or so after you have each child!

Mama Bear

Post Mon, May 18 2009, 6:38 am
the inglesina does have that, ss.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics