Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Attention crafty imamothers: flowers for A&C?

Rochelro

Post Sun, May 17 2009, 9:24 pm
Does anybody know of a way to make fake flowers besides using tissue paper?

OldYoung

Post Sun, May 17 2009, 9:35 pm
use foam or felt instead of tissue paper

you can make edible ones with a melon scooper, scoop balls in different colors and use toothpicks/skewers to secure

string 5 big beads of the same color with a yellow center, attach to a heavy wire and make a bouquet (you can get creative with this and use pearls, different color gemstones, for an older crowd so that it's a little more sophisticated)

SingALong

Post Sun, May 17 2009, 9:51 pm
take pipe cleaners and shape them into flowers, by forming small loops in a circle til pipe cleaner is at the end, and then twist around the middle to secure. and use the green ones for stems. quick, easy, and not messy. I guess then u can stick it into a vase, or foam ball or square, whatever goes.

allgood

Post Sun, May 17 2009, 10:23 pm
To make tulips use a couple of colored spoons and have them all face inwards. Put some piece of clay or something in the middle and cover the handles.

Rosemarie

Post Sun, May 17 2009, 11:51 pm
OldYoung wrote:
string 5 big beads of the same color with a yellow center, attach to a heavy wire and make a bouquet (you can get creative with this and use pearls, different color gemstones, for an older crowd so that it's a little more sophisticated)

can you explain please?

ra_mom

Post Sun, May 17 2009, 11:54 pm
Rosemarie wrote:
OldYoung wrote:

can you explain please?

Explain for me too, please Smile

shopaholic

Post Mon, May 18 2009, 9:50 am
Take coffee filters & using a dropper, drop water colors (liwuid paint or water+food coloring) all over. Let dry. Open up & put a pipe cleaner throught the middle & gather the filter around it & secure with tape.

micki

Post Mon, May 18 2009, 10:36 am
use ribbon- cut lengths, fold over sew up one end and gather it- then open to make a petal. make several eptals and attach to wire. I can post a pic. this is for high school age.

OldYoung

Post Mon, May 18 2009, 10:39 am
2QTs wrote:
To make tulips use a couple of colored spoons and have them all face inwards. Put some piece of clay or something in the middle and cover the handles.

This is a great idea- my siblings have done this before and it looks great! They also added some fake babies breath to the bouquet.

For the beads, it's kind of hard to explain without a picture but I'll try my best. Cut a piece of wire, and attach a bead to the end. Then continue stringing a few more on and run the loose end of the wire through the first bead so that you have a ring. Then put a contrasting bead on the end of the wire and push it into the middle of the ring, and loop the wire through the bead that's right next to the contrasting bead. Secure the wire and you should have a flower! I hope that was clear. This is what I had in mind if the craft is for very little kids. For older ones, something like this would be much more exciting and appropriate!

http://jewelrymaking.allinfoab......html
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics