Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Pesach recipes
1  2  Next

mother of 2 princess's

Post Mon, Mar 06 2006, 2:30 pm
help iv lost my recipes for pesach I kknow its a bit early does anyone have any cake and biscuit recipes for me
manda Tongue Out

cindy324

Post Tue, Mar 07 2006, 11:24 am
I will if you can wait until my Pesach stuff gets down from all the way high up in the cabinet! That's where I have my Pesach cookbook. I'll try to post some marble cake recipes, chocolate cake , and nut cake recipes, I 've tried those and came out really well.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Mar 07 2006, 11:56 am
I never had much success in baking, anyway. But there are great mixes and lots of delicious cakes to buy.....we only use that stuff when we're finishing the cleaning anyway.

cindy324

Post Tue, Mar 07 2006, 12:52 pm
You know SaraG, it's funny, 'cause it used to be that I couldn't bake a regular cake for the life of me, but when it came to baking Pesach cakes, they magically came out amazing. All you realy have to remember to start with room temp. eggs, separated of course, that way the whites beat up to max volume. Be gentle when folding the rest of ingredients into egg whites, slow mixing makes a fluffy cake!

red sea

Post Tue, Mar 07 2006, 1:08 pm
White Cupcake Recipe:

3/4 C. potato starch
3/4 C. sugar*
3/4 C. oil
2 T. vanilla
6 eggs, separated

Mix:oil, sugar, yolks, vanilla. Then potato starch.

2nd bowl: snow whites

FOLD the two batters together.
Bake greased at 350 for aprox 40 min.

*The origional recipe had 1-1 1/4 cups sugar but we didn't like it that sweet, with 3/4 cup it tastes about the same sweetness as ladyfingers.

klotzkashe

Post Tue, Mar 07 2006, 7:06 pm
Pesach best ever veal/beef bola (roast)

Fry 2 thinly sliced onions until transparent, then add 2 diced carrots, 2 diced (peeled) stalks of celery, 2 (peeled) diced zuchinnis, 1 turnip (peeled) diced and any other vegie syou like and fry until they're smelling really good!. Then put your big roast into the frying pan and brown on all sides (3-4 mins on each side to seal) Add 1 cup (or more depending on your taste) of red wine and 1 tsp of salt( or more) Put a lid on the pan and bring to the boil and boil for not more than five minutes.

Transfer all this into an oven bag (you can buy ones that are kosher lpesach) and tie up. Put in a baking dish and poke one or two holes in the bag. Bake for 1 1/2 - 2 hours depending ont he size of your roast. When its done let it rest for a good couple of hours and then slice thinly. Leave the slices in the juice. You can make this a couple of days before Pesahc and then just heat up.

You wouldn't believe that there are no processed ingredients in it - it's that delicious! Serve with mashed potatoes and some sweet kugel.

klotzkashe

Post Tue, Mar 07 2006, 7:11 pm
Salads for Pesach

Lets make a list of how many salads we can come up with if we peel e/thing on pesach!

Beet salad
Boil beets until cooked. Grate up and then add diced onion, lemon juice, sugar and some water

Avocado[b]

Egg Salad

Carrot/Pineapple Salad

Potato Salad (if you use oil you can make it with mayo)

Beet Potato Salad

Eggplant dip (peeled eggplants of course)

Ratatouille (yes you CAN peel tomatoes!)

Cucumber Salad (the one with the onion rings)

Coleslaw (if you 'peel' cabbages on pesach)

Red Coleslaw

Fish salad (flaked fish, diced tiny veggies, mayo, salt, lemon juice) - u can serve in scoops instead of fish for fish course

DIPS

[/b]Eggplant Dip

Trout Mousse ( you bake trout fillets and grind them up wth homemade mayo)

Egg & Avocado (as mentioned above)

chen

Post Wed, Mar 08 2006, 10:20 am
anyone have a good and easy one-pot recipe for chicken for the seder, that can be made in large quantity? No "brown in a skillet first, then transfer to a baking dish" please! I am making some 35+ portions, so I cannot stand there browning 4 portions at a time.

Also I am using chicken parts, not cutlets.

SV

Post Wed, Mar 08 2006, 10:26 am
Chen, why don't you just bake it in bbq sauce? Just take a huuge aluminum foil pan, dump in the chickens, put bbq sauce, onions etc on top and bake about 1-1.5. I make it every shabbos.

chen

Post Wed, Mar 08 2006, 11:59 am
I thought you can't bake chicken in an oven for the seder?

SV

Post Wed, Mar 08 2006, 12:06 pm
I could be totally wrong, but I thought it was only a problem if it's whole and roasted.

bceaya

Post Tue, Mar 21 2006, 11:26 am
Since Pesach is coming up, does anyone have any great recipes that they would like to share? I'll share a couple of my favorites:
Pesach rolls:
2 C. matzah meal
1 C. water
1 t. salt
1/2 C. oil
1 T. sugar
4 eggs
Mix dry ingred. bring water and oil to boil, take off the flame, and then add dry mixture stirring to mix well. add eggs one at a time beating well after each egg. Let stand for 15 min. shape into rolls and bake at 375 for 50 min.

Farfel Cookies:
2 C. matzah meal
2 C. matzah farfel
1 C. raisins
1 1/2 C. sugar
1 C. chopped nuts
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 t. salt
2/3 C. oil
4 eggs
combine dry ingredients, then add eggs and oil. drop by teaspoonful on greased cookie sheet. bake at 350 for 20 - 30 min. until brown.
Enjoy!

cindy324

Post Tue, Mar 21 2006, 11:33 am
They sound yummy, except a lot of people don't eat gebrokts on Pesach(my family does, but since I got married we don't)if you could post some recipes without matzo meal, I would appreciate it. Always looking for new stuff to make, as I'll be making my own Pesach!

hisorerus

Post Tue, Mar 21 2006, 11:34 am
http://www.shmais.com/cookbook.cfm
Pesach Cookbook

mother of 2 princess's

Post Wed, Mar 22 2006, 5:49 am
theres so many recipes on the internet but I feel nervos to try and everything turning out a diaster. thats why I like to use recipes people have tried.

cindy324

Post Wed, Mar 22 2006, 10:30 am
I actually use the Heimishe kitchen Pesach cookbook, and all the recipes I've tried came out very good! I started out using their cookbooks when I first got married, and since then I graduated to more complex recipes and cookbooks, but for Pesach it's still my favorite. I especially love their chiffon cake,which you make into marble if you'd like, and their browwnie cake.

mother of 2 princess's

Post Wed, Mar 22 2006, 2:05 pm
who the book by I want to try and get it. I googled it but lots came up with that name

sarahd

Post Wed, Mar 29 2006, 3:03 am
I don't know if the book has an official author. It was put out by the Nitra Yeshiva Ladies Auxiliary.

cindy324

Post Wed, Mar 29 2006, 7:33 am
Quote:
I don't know if the book has an official author. It was put out by the Nitra Yeshiva Ladies Auxiliary.

Right, thanks Sarahd, you can buy it from any Judaica store I would assume. If you live near Brooklyn, you can for sure get it in Eichlers, or Flohrs

bceaya

Post Wed, Mar 29 2006, 12:08 pm
We eat gebrochts, (however you spell it) so sorry about those recipes and anyone who doesn't eat them! For anyone who does eat gebrockts, they're really good!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics