Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
White shirts online?
1  2  Next

SV

Post Fri, May 22 2009, 6:55 am
Is there anywhere online where I can buy white shirts for my dh? All his shirts are stained and I don't have time to go shopping. Obviously, the cheaper the better. I don't think it would matter but he wears size 17 1/2. TIA.

gdgirl

Post Fri, May 22 2009, 7:37 am
lands end. 39.50 reg price which isnt that cheap, but if you buy them when the offer 30% off or somehting, and get ironfree ones so you dont need to send to cleaners

shmaichul

Post Fri, May 22 2009, 7:42 am
check overstocks by landsend, before pesach they had $10a shirt maybe they still do...

SV

Post Fri, May 22 2009, 7:46 am
wow, that's A LOT of money shock how often do they have sales? And even the sale price will probably be offset by shipping anyway.......

SV

Post Fri, May 22 2009, 7:47 am
ps I was responding to gdgirl not the post right above mine LOL $10 a shirt is a great price!!! LOL

gdgirl

Post Fri, May 22 2009, 8:10 am
I got them 39.50 - 30% AND free shipping so it came to abt 28 dollars a shirt which is more than id normally pay, but being that it saves us over $1 each time my husb wears it cuz usually we sent to cleaners, and my husband is a hard to find size.. its worth it. for those who send to cleaners..it pays to think abt it..

Twizzlers

Post Fri, May 22 2009, 11:15 am
SV, I sent you a pm

Chocoholic

Post Fri, May 22 2009, 12:30 pm
ANY type of dress shirt I wash it in the machine (COLD water), line dry it and it gets ironed by yours truly. I never in my life, sent a dress shirt to the dry cleaners...

YummyMommy

Post Mon, May 25 2009, 8:41 pm
Are landsend really dress shirts or are they oxfords? Will ayeshiva bochur wear it?

momof5

Post Mon, May 25 2009, 8:47 pm
I work for a dress shirt company. Unfortunately we do not sell online but if you PM me where you live I can give you the names of stores that sell our shirts.

Ruchel

Post Tue, May 26 2009, 4:37 am
ebay

gdgirl

Post Sun, May 31 2009, 7:17 pm
landsend has two kinds, oxford and another that is yeshiva bochur type. not sure the name...maybe pinpoint.

MiamiMommy

Post Sun, May 31 2009, 9:00 pm
JC Penny has great stuff and they're having a big sale right now!

mommymorah

Post Mon, Jun 01 2009, 3:39 am
The nice thing about Lands End is you can return it anytime, in any condition. It's really true--I sent back boots my kids had outgrown, tights with holes in them, sheets that were torn, etc. and got back a $130 check!!
However, if you don't want to invest that kind of money, French Toast has pinpoint white shirts, easy-care, for under $20 a shirt, and if you sign up for their emails, they have sales just about every week. The mens' shirts are under "Young Men" I think, but they still go up to size 17 1/2.

bazoooooks

Post Mon, Jun 01 2009, 4:05 am
Not to change the topic but I feel - and I'm not saying you do- some people majorly abuse Lands End's return policy. The point of 100% satisfaction is NOT that you should take your kids whole wardrobe after you have gotten decent use from it and return it because it doesnt fit anymore. Yeah, they will probably take back anything, but when I bleached my DH's black pants, I didnt send it back because I did it and I was told its a major Chilul Hashem. Just because they are nice, doesnt mean a good policy should be abused. BTW, did you know that they refuse to send their catalogs to certain area and neighborhoods that have taken major advantage of them? Yes if something rips in a timely manner- not like 3 year after you purchased it I agree you should send it back but do realize the policy should not be taken advantage of.

SV

Post Mon, Jun 01 2009, 5:50 am
mommymorah wrote:
The nice thing about Lands End is you can return it anytime, in any condition. It's really true--I sent back boots my kids had outgrown, tights with holes in them, sheets that were torn, etc. and got back a $130 check!!
However, if you don't want to invest that kind of money, French Toast has pinpoint white shirts, easy-care, for under $20 a shirt, and if you sign up for their emails, they have sales just about every week. The mens' shirts are under "Young Men" I think, but they still go up to size 17 1/2.

Wow, the French Toast seems like a perfect solution. What's the difference between Oxford and the other ("dress") shirt? Thanks!

mommymorah

Post Mon, Jun 01 2009, 6:06 am
bazoooooks wrote:
Not to change the topic but I feel - and I'm not saying you do- some people majorly abuse Lands End's return policy. The point of 100% satisfaction is NOT that you should take your kids whole wardrobe after you have gotten decent use from it and return it because it doesnt fit anymore. Yeah, they will probably take back anything, but when I bleached my DH's black pants, I didnt send it back because I did it and I was told its a major Chilul Hashem. Just because they are nice, doesnt mean a good policy should be abused. BTW, did you know that they refuse to send their catalogs to certain area and neighborhoods that have taken major advantage of them? Yes if something rips in a timely manner- not like 3 year after you purchased it I agree you should send it back but do realize the policy should not be taken advantage of.
I really agree with you, and I didn't send back things I had ruined either. But they pride themselves on their quality, so I would expect sheets and tights not to rip as they did. I truly didn't expect much from them, and this check was a big surprise. But thank you for reminding me and others not to take advantage of them.

mommymorah

Post Mon, Jun 01 2009, 6:10 am
SV wrote:
mommymorah wrote:

Wow, the French Toast seems like a perfect solution. What's the difference between Oxford and the other ("dress") shirt? Thanks!
Oxford shirts have button-down collars, and the material is a bit stiffer. Dress shirts have pointed collars and are also easier to wear with a tie.

greenfire

Post Mon, Jun 01 2009, 6:13 am
an oxford is a thicker cloth weave - used often in uniforms ... some people find them more practical while others like my sonny boy cannot stand the thickness ...

as for dry cleaning ... they merely press in the ring around the collar ... I would much rather bleach and starch shirts myself - not only saving $$ but having a nicer outcome ...

as far as sale prices - you have to be a good seeker and you can find better sales ... even on-line ...

SV

Post Mon, Jun 01 2009, 6:16 am
Sorry, one more question - are they truly "wrinkle free"? As in, will I really not need to send to cleaners?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains