Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
White shirts online?
Previous  1  2

mommymorah

Post Mon, Jun 01 2009, 6:18 am
embarrassed

Last edited by mommymorah on Mon, Jun 01 2009, 6:25 am; edited 3 times in total

mommymorah

Post Mon, Jun 01 2009, 6:20 am
SV wrote:
Sorry, one more question - are they truly "wrinkle free"? As in, will I really not need to send to cleaners?
Oh, yes. You can wash and dry them in the machine, or, if you're concerned, dry them briefly and hang them up damp. Works for me, and I never iron!

SV

Post Mon, Jun 01 2009, 6:24 am
mommymorah wrote:
SV wrote:
Sorry, one more question - are they truly "wrinkle free"? As in, will I really not need to send to cleaners?
Oh, yes. You can wash and dry them in the machine, or, if you're concerned, dry them briefly and hang them up damp. Works for me, and I never iron!

The website says "cotton polyester blend" - what's the % - is it mostly cotton or mostly polyester - I don't want it to be too "plastic-y" feeling 'cause then it will be too hot.....?

greenfire

Post Mon, Jun 01 2009, 6:27 am
poly blends are horrid ... we go for 100% cotton ...

mommymorah

Post Mon, Jun 01 2009, 6:27 am
SV wrote:
mommymorah wrote:
SV wrote:

The website says "cotton polyester blend" - what's the % - is it mostly cotton or mostly polyester - I don't want it to be too "plastic-y" feeling 'cause then it will be too hot.....?
I just checked one of my son's shirts--it's 55% cotton, 45% polyester--it's fairly silky.

SV

Post Mon, Jun 01 2009, 6:35 am
THANK YOU so much, I really appreciate it!

gottago

Post Wed, Jun 03 2009, 11:23 am
ebay! It's hit or miss but I have had good luck there.

Gefen

Post Wed, Jun 03 2009, 1:33 pm
overstock.com has these shirts ohha which are pretty cheap
they are good quality and look very expensive.

SV

Post Mon, Jul 06 2009, 10:44 am
Just wanted to share that frenchtoast.com is having a 15% off sale now. I just ordered some shirts that came out to less than $11 per shirt with shipping! I ordered these:

white shirts

zyms

Post Tue, Jul 07 2009, 8:56 am
Macy's had very decent tommy hilfiger shirts - you have to just watch for their sales - got them for approx $17 each shipped.
Every once in a while Brooks Brothers will have a "buy 3 get the 4th free" sale on their iron-free shirts - they're approx $40 each so that would make it $120 for 4 - and I had a 25% off which dropped the price nicely - you really do not have to iron them - they're good for my small 9th grader. If you factor in that you save on ironing time/dry cleaners, then it might pay in the long run (especially if he wears them every day)
Lands end are also nice - I got them on sale when they were approx $15 each.
Gap was running a sale recently - I don't know if it's still on - but you may need to iron them, but you can get away with not ironing. Gap and Old Navy both run full, though.

JollyMommy

Post Mon, Aug 03 2009, 1:54 pm
just got my husband a GORGEOUS white shirt from paulfredrick.com, in Money magazine there was a code for $19.95. it came in 2 days and you can pick the cuff style, collar style, size and cut. also, they embroider initials for free!

just beware "slimfit" is truly slim, and on my medium-sized husband a little snug.

avimom

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 7:43 pm
We get the paulfredrick ones too- they oftne have buy three get one free. But we get the slimfit in a really large size bec DH likes the way the neck fits better...

SV

Post Mon, Apr 19 2010, 12:24 pm
Just wanted to bump up this old thread. French Toast is having a sale again on white shirts for $11!

French Toast sale

They have long and short sleeves!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains