Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
? for all you "Baby Jogger City Mini" owners...
1  2  Next

Boys"R"Us

Post Fri, May 22 2009, 4:55 pm
I just got it, partly based on all the positive things I've heard from other imamothers Very Happy
So far, I love it!
My question:
Is there some kind of a trick to opening it back up after it's been folded (from the car)? I've been finding it a bit awkward ti unfold it. If you have any tips, I would reaaly appreciate them!
TIA,
Debbie

Last edited by Boys"R"Us on Fri, May 22 2009, 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

chaylizi

Post Fri, May 22 2009, 5:34 pm
I just lift it by the handlebar & the whole thing opens all at once. no trick. no problem I have a double though, maybe they are different. my issue with the stroller is that my dd cannot be restrained in the stroller. Not even if I twist the straps.

Boys"R"Us

Post Fri, May 22 2009, 5:55 pm
Do you mean she can open the seatbelt?

I store my stroller upright in my van (my trunk door is broken, so it is in front of the front seat. When I open the van door to take out the stroller, the handle is at the bottom along with the wheels. So I lift it out by the fold handle, then bend down to get to the handle - it just seems awkward!

~Debbie

chaylizi

Post Fri, May 22 2009, 6:33 pm
I store mine upright in my van as well, with the handle down. I lift it out by the folding handles, put it on the ground & pull up on the pushing handle.

I mean, she's Harry Houdini's heir apparent. She can get out of the harness in about 3 seconds. So frustrating.

Raisin

Post Sat, May 23 2009, 6:37 pm
if my baby is really determined she can get out of the straps, ie if she has been sitting in there for too long. But usually she is pretty happy to sit there and enjoy the ride. she can get out of her highchair straps too.

I usually store mine in the back of my car and lift it out by the pushing handle and it unfolds as I do that.

chaylizi

Post Sat, May 23 2009, 10:39 pm
Lucky you. My baby apparently hates being restrained. She can get out of her stroller and high chair. I had to remove everything from her room because she was using items in her room as stools to boost her over the gate. Woe unto me, if I try to keep her anywhere she doesn't want to be.

This week she had a kicking/screaming tantrum on the floor of Nordstrom because I attempted to keep her in the stroller until we got outside to the car.

Anyone care to guess how old she is?

Boys"R"Us

Post Sun, May 24 2009, 12:12 am
I don't know where you live, but I used to have a harness, that my Mum had kept from when *I* was a baby! It was from Mothercare (GB).
One of my kids like to escape from the stroller too. I attached the harness to him, snugly, then clipped it to the rings at the base of the stroller seat. That, together with the original stroller straps, kept him in. He didn't like it much, but if he ever started trying to get out, I would just clip on the extra harness, and he learned not to start-up. I know that may sound a bit harsh, but I used to take him on the subway, and my stroller at the time (Perego "Bye Bye" - for those of you who know it), did not have a bar. I was scared that he would open up his stroller straps which at that time were only 3-point harness, and C"V fall into the tracks.
B"H, now he is a 16yr old yeshiva bachur! It's hard to believe that he was ever that little LOL

~Debbie

bnm

Post Sun, May 24 2009, 12:38 am
kikavu wrote:
Lucky you. My baby apparently hates being restrained. She can get out of her stroller and high chair. I had to remove everything from her room because she was using items in her room as stools to boost her over the gate. Woe unto me, if I try to keep her anywhere she doesn't want to be.

This week she had a kicking/screaming tantrum on the floor of Nordstrom because I attempted to keep her in the stroller until we got outside to the car.

2?

use 2 harnesses, get one that zips her in and zip it in back of her.

IBR

Post Sun, May 24 2009, 12:45 am
I have the city mini and its great just lift the handle for hands and it unfolds right away. I love it great for traveling.

chaylizi

Post Sun, May 24 2009, 12:49 am
I'm going to try the double harness idea. Thanks.

Raisin

Post Sun, May 24 2009, 5:33 am
kikavu wrote:

yes, I'm assuming your dd is at least 2. mine is 18 months. so boys r us shouldn't have a strap problem for another year or so.

chaylizi

Post Sun, May 24 2009, 8:43 am
yeah she turned 2 in march. boys r us had our babies around the same time last year, I think mine is a bit older. so I'll probably have it again before she has to deal with it.

Boys"R"Us

Post Sun, May 24 2009, 6:50 pm
It's interesting, cause I almost went with the Valco Latitude, but one of the reasons that I didn't, is that the straps were SO hard to open! Completely impossible for any child (and some adults!), to open.

raspberry tea

Post Tue, Jun 02 2009, 8:10 am
I have a question too and hope I'll get some replys! I have recently purchased the double city mini. It has 4 grey safety snaps underneath the stroller. I was under the impression I need to unsnap these whenever I fold down the stroller. And then resnap them whenever I open it back up. Is that true?? It didn't seem like my stroller opened or closed properly when I kept the snaps snapped. And I thought I read they need to be unsnapped when closing. Is that true? Do you deal with those snaps every time you use the stroller??

BennysMommy

Post Tue, Jun 02 2009, 8:39 am
yuki wrote:
I have a question too and hope I'll get some replys! I have recently purchased the double city mini. It has 4 grey safety snaps underneath the stroller. I was under the impression I need to unsnap these whenever I fold down the stroller. And then resnap them whenever I open it back up. Is that true?? It didn't seem like my stroller opened or closed properly when I kept the snaps snapped. And I thought I read they need to be unsnapped when closing. Is that true? Do you deal with those snaps every time you use the stroller??

I don't use the snaps at all...

Boys"R"Us

Post Tue, Jun 02 2009, 8:46 am
I don't quite understand it either!
In the instructions, it says SEVERAL times in big bold letters, to NEVER use the stroller without fastening the safety straps!!
In the stores, it is never on, and it would definitely put a hamper on that easy fold.
Sounds to me like it was an added recall item that wasn't originally planned.

Anyone else have some light to shed on this issue?

~Debbie

GetReal

Post Tue, Jun 02 2009, 8:54 am
I have the City Mini Double, so maybe it works differently, but it has two gray straps as a safety feature, to prevent it from folding unless you want it to. So I always close the snaps before putting my kids in. It takes an extra minute or so to fold, because I have to open the snaps first, but I feel safer.

BennysMommy

Post Tue, Jun 02 2009, 9:00 am
GetReal wrote:
I have the City Mini Double, so maybe it works differently, but it has two gray straps as a safety feature, to prevent it from folding unless you want it to. So I always close the snaps before putting my kids in. It takes an extra minute or so to fold, because I have to open the snaps first, but I feel safer.

The whole reason I bought the stroller was because of the quick and easy fold. Having to undo the snaps would defeat that whole purpose. I've been using the stroller for a year and a half with a heavy toddler (I live in the city and walk everywhere) and never had it fold when I didn't want it to. I think it's to cover themselves so they don't get sued when the stroller does fold on someone.

raspberry tea

Post Tue, Jun 02 2009, 10:05 am
GetReal wrote:

That's the stroller I'm referring to...the Double! I have 4 snaps!! I don't like that part of it.

raspberry tea

Post Tue, Jun 02 2009, 10:06 am
Boys"R"Us wrote:
I don't quite understand it either!
In the instructions, it says SEVERAL times in big bold letters, to NEVER use the stroller without fastening the safety straps!!
In the stores, it is never on, and it would definitely put a hamper on that easy fold.
Sounds to me like it was an added recall item that wasn't originally planned.

Anyone else have some light to shed on this issue?

~Debbie

That makes sense.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics