Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Weight watchers
  Previous  1  2  3 19 20  21  22  Next

MiamiMommy

Post Fri, Dec 25 2009, 11:18 am
Ok. I've been eating a lot of popcorn. It's 0pts. for 3 cups. My question is: at what point does it take on points? If I eat 3 cups at 11am, and 3 cups at 1pm, do I count points for the 1pm popcorn? This is one aspect of ww that always confuses me!

geemum

Post Sat, Dec 26 2009, 12:48 pm
bubby wrote:
Horrendous. I have gained AT LEAST everything back that I lost. I am not joking. Chanukah has nothing to do with it. I will shoot myself by the time I get back to the US ...on Feb. 5th.

It's hard in someone else's kitchen & with no access to things like rice cakes & lo fat yogurts or anything Kosher. They don't eat fresh fruit or veggies here & I haven't gotten out to get any yet. Maybe I'll do that today...you may inspire me. I say MAY. Rolling Eyes Crying Crying Crying

where on earth are you that you can't get kosher rice cakes?

bubby

Post Sat, Dec 26 2009, 12:58 pm
Middle of nowhere in UK. Not near any kosher stores...2 hour drive. I have gained EVERYTHING back.

geemum

Post Sat, Dec 26 2009, 2:16 pm
If you're not near kosher stores, you can buy other brands of rice cake. Check out the link below, it's the KLBD Kashrus search. It tells you which products are suitable.

UK Kashrus search
type in what product you want - in this case "rice cake" and you'll get a list of products that they approve as kosher parve, or kosher dairy. I just checked and you can buy the "Kallo low fat rice cakes" and other of their products in tesco so most probably you can get them in any supermarket Smile

you can search for any product, which is very useful!

Last edited by geemum on Sat, Dec 26 2009, 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

bubby

Post Sat, Dec 26 2009, 2:19 pm
I can get Rakusen's chocolate digestives. Crying Crying Crying Wouldn't you know it? And I only eat Pas Yisrael so I can't buy the non-Jewish brands of rice cakes etc. Same thing with cheese & milk...CY only. I am very careful because vegetarian equivalents of certain types of foods aren't usually something I can buy.

Last edited by bubby on Sat, Dec 26 2009, 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

geemum

Post Sat, Dec 26 2009, 2:21 pm
lol you make me laugh

bubby

Post Sat, Dec 26 2009, 2:24 pm
Glad I'm good for something, then!! Rolling Eyes

geemum

Post Sat, Dec 26 2009, 2:50 pm
Stop being so negative or I'm leaving!

Actually I kinda left already - have you noticed I haven't been on for quite a while?! Not because of you but because I've had enough. Wondering if I should quit - having real cheshbon hanefesh about the whole WW thing!!!

bubby

Post Sat, Dec 26 2009, 3:35 pm
RU talking about leaving WW, the WW thread, or imamother altogether?

Don't go!!!!!

geemum

Post Sat, Dec 26 2009, 8:32 pm
Weight Watchers - I know I shouldn't but it's getting too much for me.

Weight Watchers thread - would never leave ('twas just a threat)

ImaMother - I should, but I can't!

Tova

Post Sat, Dec 26 2009, 9:56 pm
bubby - pas yisrael does not apply to rice cakes. Just to the chameshes minei dagan of which rice is not included. [Which means if you keep yashan - like we try to do - rice/ rice products can be very helpful when you are out of stock and it is still before Pesach!]

bubby

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 3:01 am
Tova wrote:
bubby - pas yisrael does not apply to rice cakes. Just to the chameshes minei dagan of which rice is not included. [Which means if you keep yashan - like we try to do - rice/ rice products can be very helpful when you are out of stock and it is still before Pesach!]

It does for us (my family.) Only KOSHER products. I don't speak for anyone else.

Tova

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 8:44 am
So you are saying you only eat products from Jewish companies? I understand, but it still doesn't make it called pas yisrael. Pas Yisrael by definition only applies to the 5 grains. Bishul yisrael would apply to other cooked foods (although rice cakes arguably are not oleh al shulchan melachim, you obviously are makpid to only use Jewish companies). But do you understand what I am saying - PAS YISRAEL is a wrong "catch-all" word to explain your kashrus standards here.

bdot

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 9:32 am
don't give up!! (that's what I keep telling myself at least, after a week of nonstop emotional eating!!) I';m really trying to "get back on the wagon"... I just have to get out of the habit of stopping at dunkin donuts when things get really stressful.... I also just spent a beautiful shabbos at my father and stepmother and had NO self control...

any advice about the emotional eating? I have 2 little kids and DH works long hours so going out at night is not an option....

bubby

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 10:18 am
Tova wrote:
So you are saying you only eat products from Jewish companies? I understand, but it still doesn't make it called pas yisrael. Pas Yisrael by definition only applies to the 5 grains. Bishul yisrael would apply to other cooked foods (although rice cakes arguably are not oleh al shulchan melachim, you obviously are makpid to only use Jewish companies). But do you understand what I am saying - PAS YISRAEL is a wrong "catch-all" word to explain your kashrus standards here.

Shakespeare said "What's in a name?" An old song from before my time had a line "You say tomaytoes & I'll say tomaahtoes."

Who cares? I don't eat rice cakes from a non-Jewish company. You call it whatever you like; I may not be as gelernt as you are, but these are MY standards. I stand corrected on the correct loshen.

Tova

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 1:53 pm
[bubby - my point is not to nit-pick. Really really really. I'm sorry. I just thought a halachic term should be clarified when misused. I disagree strongly with "what's in a name" and "who cares" and "call it what you like" when talking about halachic terminology but I will drop the issue right here.]

ClaRivka

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 3:47 pm
quick question- I do simply filling (core) but my mother wants to do momentum (points) but she doesnt have an account- she's been using old stuff and has lost 45 lbs already. anyway she wants to make sure she's at the right amt of points- shes's 188 and 5' 5", how many points shud she have?

bubby

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 3:59 pm
She needs to take their "quiz", it's in Book 1 if anyone has it & can give you the questions & numerical point values.

ClaRivka

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 4:00 pm
I dont have any books, I do everything online.

bubby

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 4:09 pm
Somebody here must have book 1...I do, but I'm not home & I'm not even sure where I put it.

wait a sec...I know whom I can ask. I'll get back to you ASAP, ClaRivka.
Page 20 of 22   Previous  1  2  3 19 20  21  22  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise