Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
How Can I convert my chicken?

3Qts

Post Sun, Jun 07 2009, 5:40 pm
I have 4 chicken bottoms from the soup which no one will touch. What can I do with it so I dont have to throw it out?

canadamom

Post Sun, Jun 07 2009, 5:44 pm
I made this last week and it was yum!!
I sauteed onions, mushrooms, peppers and zucchinis (all diced) and cut up the chicken in small pieces and added it to the sauteed veggies. then I added a little water, soy sauce, salt, pepper and ginger powder and some corn starch to thicken. I served over couscous

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 07 2009, 5:46 pm
I made chicken pot pie with my leftover chicken. It was delish. And as long as I don't tell my family where the chicken came from... Smile
I used the KBD kids in the kitchen recipe, and made individual portions in little ramekins. (I once made them in individual disposable muffins tins as well.)

You can also make chicken chow mein with it, and serve over a bed of rice.

Last edited by ra_mom on Sat, Feb 19 2022, 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

3Qts

Post Sun, Jun 07 2009, 5:52 pm
Thanks Canada mom I will try it tomorrow. It sounds delicous
RA do you have the recipe for the pot pie? Is it hard to make and what did you serve besides that?
If this works out I can start putting chicken into the soup!

Pineapple

Post Sun, Jun 07 2009, 8:32 pm
I make Chicken Fried Rice

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 07 2009, 10:28 pm
3Qts wrote:
Thanks Canada mom I will try it tomorrow. It sounds delicous
RA do you have the recipe for the pot pie? Is it hard to make and what did you serve besides that?
If this works out I can start putting chicken into the soup!

This is what I made.
It's not hard at all, you just have to make a saute before you place everything in the oven.
I served it with a side of rice.

small puff pastry squares
1 small onion, chopped
2 T canola oil
2 T margarine
2 stalks celery, chopped
10 oz. frozen vegetables, mix of peas and carrots
2 T flour
1 cup chicken soup
1/4 cup soy milk
cubes of chicken
salt and black pepper

Preheat oven to 400.
Cover about 8 puff pastry squares with a kitchen towel to thaw for 20 minutes.
Saute onions, celery, and peas and carrots for about 4-5 minutes.
Sprinkle flour on to and mix. Add chicken soup and milk and cook until thick, about 5 minutes.
Add cubed chicken and season with salt and pepper.
Ladle the mixture into oven-safe ramekins.
Cover each ramekin with the pastry, tucking it over the edge to keep it secured.
Place the ramekins on a cookie sheet and bake for 25 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.

Last edited by ra_mom on Sun, Jun 07 2009, 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

YALT

Post Sun, Jun 07 2009, 10:39 pm
Sprinkle the chickens, and say some prayers. then dunk them in the mikvah, and they shall be converted.

Just had to write that.

I've made chicken pot pie. DH loved it, but didn't like that he wasn't sure if it was a soup, appetizer, main,.... so he asked me to stop making it. He said it was to mind-boggling, and confused him.

I've made chicken patties, and stir-fry.

Tonight I made an omelet with the chicken, some onions & eggs. It went very well.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 07 2009, 10:40 pm
YALT wrote:
Sprinkle the chickens, and say some prayers. then dunk them in the mikvah, and they shall be converted.

Just had to write that.

I've made chicken pot pie. DH loved it, but didn't like that he wasn't sure if it was a soup, appetizer, main,.... so he asked me to stop making it. He said it was to mind-boggling, and confused him.

I've made chicken patties, and stir-fry.

Tonight I made an omelet with the chicken, some onions & eggs. It went very well.

How did you make chicken patties with chicken from the soup?

YALT

Post Sun, Jun 07 2009, 10:45 pm
I broke up the chicken into pieces, and found a recipe online for tuna patties, and made it.
Sorry, I don't remember which recipe I used. But it was good. There was alot of things in it, including parsley,... I'm starting to remember now... DH LOVED IT! He said it was the best fish he's ever tasted in USA! lol (He hates the fish here. It doesn't compare to the freshness of the fish in England.)
He was so surprised when I told him not to drink the milk he was about to have. He couldn't understand why. It was really funny.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey