Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Chicken and rice

im here!

Post Sun, Jun 07 2009, 9:09 pm
Anyone have a good and easy recipe? I would like to put it up tonight in the slow cooker for tomorrows supper.
If possible it should have basic ingredients.
Thanks

im here!

Post Sun, Jun 07 2009, 9:27 pm
Anyone?????????

greenfire

Post Sun, Jun 07 2009, 9:31 pm
does your slow cooker come with a recipe book ... have you checked the recipes here under side dishes ...

im here!

Post Sun, Jun 07 2009, 9:53 pm
My slow cooker didn't come with a recipe book.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 07 2009, 10:45 pm
I have 2 chicken and rice recipes for the slow cooker, but I make the rice separately, in the crock pot but in a tied crock pot bag, during the last hour of the chicken cooking.
Interested?

Mrs Bissli

Post Tue, Jun 09 2009, 7:16 am
Wouldn't rice go mushy if made in a slowcooker? My recipe is very simple using just one pot.
Wash and soak rice for 15min or so in a bowl. Sautee 1 chopped onion with a bit of oil and salt till transparent but not browned. Add chopped carrots (optional) cubed chicken pieces (thighs or breast), rice, water (use 1.5x water to rice), chicken soup powder, and cook covered till rice is done for about 15min. Turn off the heat and let the pot steam for another 5-10min. You can add frozen peas after you turn off the heat. You can add tomato paste/tomato sauce together with water.

Sometimes I make one with leftover roast chicken. I cook the rice with carcases and leftover gravy, add the chicken meat taken from the roast after turning off the heat. They reheat well.

birdstar

Post Tue, Jun 09 2009, 7:35 am
I make an easy chicken paprikash which can be made with rice in one pot (never did it in slow cooker it might work)

Cut one large onion saute in a little oil with lots of paprika. Brown cut up chicken pieces in oil just til they get color. Add pepper and salt (any other spices you want) measure in 1 cup rice. Add water to cover put on lid, bring to boil and then turn down to a simmer. cook til rice is fluffy and chicken is cooked through. (about an hour on the stovetop) This can stay on the stovetop for about 3 hours on low after it is cooked. Add more water if it gets dry.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey