Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Which stroller should I buy? MIL wants a Bugaboo
1  2  Next

Ohr

Post Sun, Jun 28 2009, 4:08 am
Which stroller would you suggest for a first time mom living in Israel?
MIL is insisting on getting us a Bugaboo. I don't want to sound ungrateful but I am not so thrilled.
A - I hate making a statement
B - We don't live in the same city as our parents and will have to travel by bus to visit. My understanding is that it doesn't fold in one piece: the bassinet needs to be taken off separately, I am afraid it'll be too much of a hassle (Israelis out there you can picture pushing onto an Egged bus Erev Shabbos and trying to fold up this clumsy thing Rolling Eyes )

Any suggestions?
I want a bassinet since baby is a preemie.
Stroller doesn't need to be purchased in Isael I can have it brought in from Europe or USA.
I don't want the Queeny as it is too wide and is very difficult to get onto the Egged buses in the city.
Not something too cheap as mil will have a fit, It can be same price range as bugaboo but should be easier to fold.

TIA

BeershevaBubby

Post Sun, Jun 28 2009, 4:18 am
To tell you the truth, I've been very happy with my Dr. Baby Madrid stroller.

http://doctorbaby.co.il/produc.....geId=

baba

Post Sun, Jun 28 2009, 4:26 am
Please correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that any stroller with a bassinet doesnt fold in one piece?

We have a bugaboo. First of all, I dont find we're making any kind of statement. Maybe if you live around chutznikim, but the israeli's I know dont see it as anything special. Second, it is a problem on busses, but not on all. If you're talking about an intercity bus to your family, where you can put stuff under the bus, it's not a problem at all, you get used to folding it easily, plus I usually take a baby carrier so I have 2 hands, but if there's 2 of us, it's not even necessary. On the normal busses you can stand in the middle, but you do have to pay extra. We bought a small umbrella stroller for on the bus, since the bus here doesnt have space under or in the middle.

TzipG

Post Sun, Jun 28 2009, 4:27 am
If your mil wants to spend $$ and you want s/t relatively bus-friendly and not a major statement, then I would go with a Peg Perego P3. You can get a bassinet for it. You can also click a car seat into it. When you dont need the bassinet it still reclines fully. It folds up pretty nicely for buses and isnt too heavy. And I LOVE the toddler step in back. I used my P3 on buses until my baby was about 6-7 months and then I switched to my maclaren quest as my bus stroller since it is much lighter. But I still use my P3 as my main stroller.

cubbie

Post Sun, Jun 28 2009, 4:31 am
Have you looked at the Inglesina zippy lounge with the soft bassinet, that one you can fold with the bassinet attached, as Baba said any stroller with a solid bassinet needs to be folded in 2 pieces.

LuckyMum

Post Sun, Jun 28 2009, 4:32 am
Why dont you get the bugaboo for walking in the city and a light stroller for traveling. or just get a car seat that snaps into the bugaboo frame for when you travel.

cubbie

Post Sun, Jun 28 2009, 4:38 am
Or if MIL is set on a bugaboo, what about the bee, it's meant to be much easier than the larger bugaboos, in terms of folding etc.

HooRYou

Post Sun, Jun 28 2009, 4:44 am
I think there are both Peg and Inglesinas that can take a bassinet, but I don't know about folding them with one inside. IIRC the UppaBaby Vista folds with the bassinet inside, but it is still not a light stroller and probably not an easy to manage with baby fold.

bnm

Post Sun, Jun 28 2009, 4:49 am
maybe get the bee with the infant insert?

Peg Perego makes the Skate,I heard its heavyish, I found it clumsy but it folds with the bassinet on.

Ohr

Post Sun, Jun 28 2009, 4:49 am
Thanks for teh replies so far. This place is really amazing!
I'll check out th suggestions sometime later today.
[/quote]or just get a car seat that snaps into the bugaboo frame for when you travel.[quote]
which carseat snaps onto the bugaboo?

baba

Post Sun, Jun 28 2009, 4:52 am
graco
maxi cosi
and one more, I think.
They each have a different attachment piece that you need to buy seperately

shabri

Post Sun, Jun 28 2009, 6:04 am
I would also look into the baby jogger city strollers. They fold like a dream and I believe that the single ones have a bassinet attachment as well

bubby

Post Sun, Jun 28 2009, 8:55 am
I think your MIL is very generous! Wish I could do that for my kids. Smile, say thank you with a big hug & for the occasions when you can't shlep it on a bus, buy a cheaper stroller. There are many moms here who would love their MIL to be so generous.

You won't be taking a preemie on a germy bus yet, anyway, will you? So accept the gift graciously.

maidale

Post Sun, Jun 28 2009, 2:45 pm
I agree with cubbie that the bugaboo bee might be a good choice. you can get a baby nest to it, so your baby is well protected, you can turn it to either face you or ahead and it folds down in one piece. Plus you can get a car seat attachment for it if you feel moire comfortable putting your baby there. Check it out on their website, and see what you think.

shemesh

Post Sun, Jun 28 2009, 3:29 pm
I have the ORBIT, has a bassinet, folds very easy and small, rides beautifull, and its also very expensive, but I think its worth every peny, check it out at orbitbaby.com

greenfire

Post Sun, Jun 28 2009, 4:08 pm
http://www.albeebaby.com/macla......html

I prefer a maclaren ... folds easy and supports a baby ...

I'll never understand those bugaboos ... they look like godzilla ...

nylon

Post Sun, Jun 28 2009, 6:29 pm
Honestly, I found that the Bugaboo had the nicest bassinet, and it can be used for sleeping at home too--great for travel. Many can't. Do not get the P3. Played with a friend's, hated it. All the true bassinets I've seen are two piece--the bassinet comes off.

Check the bee out carefully, I think it's not so good on bumps because it only has small wheels, and I'm not sure the babynest is as secure as the bassinet. If it is (I haven't had a chance to do more than look at it) it might be a good choice. It's much easier to fold than the Cameleon - I will admit, folding that frequently is a pain. I'm not sure I'd buy one now (when I got mine I lived in London, parked it in the hallway and barely had to fold it).

greenfire, the Bugaboo isn't nearly as much a godzilla as some I've seen... Peg Skate anyone?! 33 lbs!!

Maxi-Cosi snaps onto the Bugaboo (I think Israel is the same as the UK) but this is not best for long trips or a preemie--lie flat is better. Travel system is best for short trips: out of the car, into the store, back out.

Ohr

Post Mon, Jun 29 2009, 3:09 am
Thanks all for your advice.
Haven't decided yet what I'll get, for starters I got the maxi cozi carseat and borrowed my sil's carriage.
I guess that buys me some more time to do the research & check them out in the stores.
So far I've seen
bugabbo bee - I don't think it is supportive enough, I want a full bassinet.
Zippy - seems clunky.
BabyJogger - I can't stand the 3 wheel look especially with a bassinet

Or maybe I'll take bubby's advice; Smile smile say thank you and buy a cheap stroller for traveling.

Marriedinisrael

Post Mon, Jun 29 2009, 5:24 am
Maybe the Uppa Baby Vista? It folds with the bassinet (albeit in the front facing position).

nylon

Post Mon, Jun 29 2009, 10:17 am
Are you sure? the FAQ says it folds with the seat, only in the #1 (upright) position. I don't see how it could fold one piece with the bassinet.

Pretty much all bassinet strollers are bulky--it's the nature of the beast. OP, I think you're going to have to decide what's more important: easy to fold, or a big bassinet stroller.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics