Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Underarm solutions?
1  2  Next

What do you do with your underarm hair?
wax  
 13%  [ 15 ]
shave  
 69%  [ 79 ]
laser  
 4%  [ 5 ]
au natural--nothing  
 12%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 113

amother

Post Sun, Jun 28 2009, 8:41 pm
...and how often do you treat yours?

amother

Post Sun, Jun 28 2009, 8:43 pm
Shave, Whenever I have patience.

amother

Post Sun, Jun 28 2009, 8:51 pm
I let mine grow in, and then I braid them. DH thinks it looks feminine. Also, since nobody outside sees the hair, it's only for him when I pull off my blouse and the braids come out.

amother

Post Sun, Jun 28 2009, 9:18 pm
amother above me- are you pulling our leg (or our hair for that matter???)

greenfire

Post Sun, Jun 28 2009, 9:32 pm
I can relate to the braids ... Wink

ShakleeMom

Post Sun, Jun 28 2009, 10:21 pm
Do you braid it with 3 or with 6? poppy seeds or sesame? egg wash or the newfangled spray kind?

flowerpower

Post Sun, Jun 28 2009, 10:23 pm
Laser hair removal works well.
Nair is not bad either.

amother

Post Sun, Jun 28 2009, 10:30 pm
ShakleeMom wrote:
Do you braid it with 3 or with 6? poppy seeds or sesame? egg wash or the newfangled spray kind?
Kind of a Bo Derek, Jamaican kind of thing. I have beads in them, and when they're hanging freely, they make the cutest little clack clack sound. It's just for my DH, although occasionally I worry that others can hear it.

ShakleeMom

Post Sun, Jun 28 2009, 10:36 pm
amother wrote:
ShakleeMom wrote:
Kind of a Bo Derek, Jamaican kind of thing. I have beads in them, and when they're hanging freely, they make the cutest little clack clack sound. It's just for my DH, although occasionally I worry that others can hear it.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jun 29 2009, 10:03 am
Amother, what do you care what we alll do? Do what works for you !

preempservices

Post Tue, Feb 16 2010, 2:55 pm
What would you do with a pre-teen who has heavy underarm hair? Her mother is currently shaving her, but she is going to sleep away camp this summer for a month.

busydev

Post Tue, Feb 16 2010, 3:12 pm
I would say teach her how to shave it. its really not that hard... been doing it since I was 11...

and I shave twice a week. usually erev shabbos and mid week

life'sgreat

Post Tue, Feb 16 2010, 4:32 pm
preempservices wrote:
What would you do with a pre-teen who has heavy underarm hair? Her mother is currently shaving her, but she is going to sleep away camp this summer for a month.
Why can't she learn to do so on her own? It isn't that hard if you teach her properly.

mltjm

Post Tue, Feb 16 2010, 9:16 pm
I usually shave every other day (or every other shower). I would do it more often, but then I start getting bumps. Underarm hair just grosses me out.

I agree, it's really not a hard skill to learn

Bella:D

Post Tue, Feb 16 2010, 9:24 pm
I used to not be frum and I used to wear open tops so it was important that I don't have any underarm hair.
I used to shave but it became annoying because it would grow in thicker and thicker and was gross.
So I s tarted waxing exclusively, now it grows in much finer.
Now that my husband and I are the only people who can see my underarms, I've been kind of lazy about the waxing because I can't do it myself and it feels like a waste of money to get it done.
Now I just shave before the mikvah and maybe once a week or every couple of weeks.

WriterMom

Post Wed, Feb 17 2010, 10:52 pm
Bella:D wrote:
I used to shave but it became annoying because it would grow in thicker and thicker and was gross.
So I s tarted waxing exclusively, now it grows in much finer.

Me too. It gets way thinner over time if you stop shaving. I've gotten really lazy though - in the winter I seldom get my legs done (I'm a tights girl, not nylons, in the winter) and I'm not about to go just to get my underarms. It's just me and DH seeing it, and the women when I go swimming. Sometimes I feel like I should keep up more, other times I remember that in Europe it's fine to be hairy, and if the other women swimming are offended by the esthetics, it's their problem.

The reason I don't just go au natural always is that I hate hate hate wet underarms.

amother
Green

Post Thu, Feb 18 2010, 4:19 pm
Deleted

Last edited by amother on Thu, Jan 18 2018, 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

small bean

Post Thu, Feb 18 2010, 4:41 pm
btw about the braid thing - I was listening to a relationship radio show last night and the discussion was what do you like your spouse and what do you do with your body hair. and a guy called up and said his wife braids his hair underarms and the lower region..... I thought it was funny.

I wax and occassionaly shave.

amother

Post Fri, Feb 19 2010, 2:14 pm
amother wrote:
ShakleeMom wrote:

Sounds like Clarissa! Wink I miss her!

ABC

Post Sun, Feb 21 2010, 3:41 pm
doesnt anyone else round here epilate? I have done this for years. it's free (I have my own epilator) and it grows back as finely as if you wax, and I only need to do it every 2 weeks.

I love smooth armpits.

oh, but it did kill the first time I did it, and if I leave it any longer than 2 weeks, it hurts more the next time, so this is a good incentive to do it regularly.

I also epilate my legs. it's great.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics