Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Going swimming with little kids

hadasa

Post Mon, Jun 29 2009, 8:09 am
I took my almost 4 yo and 5 yo dd's to the pool yesterday. After their initial fright, they had a great time in the kiddie pool. For me, however, the logistics were rather daunting. Beforehand was not so bad, I put on their bathing suits at home (and they both immediatly afterwards remembered that they needed the bathroom). But afterwards, getting them and me showered and dressed on a slippery, sopping floor, without getting our clothes all wet was quite a task, and we were still there after our whole group had left.

How do you do it? Does anyone have any tips on how to make it easier?

YALT

Post Mon, Jun 29 2009, 8:50 am
last year I used to take my 2 kids to the pool once a week (I stay in the city)
I would get them into their bathing suits before going to the pool, wearing easy pull-on/off clothes on top.
By the pool, we'd just take off the extra layer, and go into the pool.
When we finished swimming (I always left the pool before they announced that girl's hours were over, so that I had enough time to deal with me & kids.
I'd wrap them in towels while I put on my clothes, then I'd put on their basics quickly. (diapers, shirt, pants, crocs (or diapers, dress, crocs) then home we'd go for baths in our own place.
But it did help that I only live a block away from the swimming pool.

hadasa

Post Tue, Jun 30 2009, 12:09 am
So you'd put the clothes back on top of the bathing suits?

YALT

Post Tue, Jun 30 2009, 8:30 am
depends. for DS, I would leave on his bathing suit & just put on shirt & tzitzis over it, and crocs (I just remembered - no pants.)
for DD It was quite easy removing her bathing suit (maybe bec. it was a bit big on her) so I'd remove it but leave on the swim-diaper, and throw a dress over her.
wrapping them in a towel while I took care of myslef pretty much dried them up.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers