Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Store didnt let me use manufacturers coupon- was I wrong????
1  2  Next

overthehill

Post Wed, Jul 01 2009, 11:42 am
I occasional cut out coupons. I went to a Rite aid today with a coupon for BOGO free on a shampoo.
In the store, the item was on sale also BOGO free. I was under the impression, that my manufacturers coupon, together with the store sale should get me the items for free, plus any sales tax. They didnt let me use it so I left. Was I wrong???

Lady Godiva

Post Wed, Jul 01 2009, 11:44 am
Did you read the fine print?

im here!

Post Wed, Jul 01 2009, 11:50 am
Sometimes the stores send coupons with specials, and they have those specials in the store even if you dont have the coupon. They use the coupons as an advertisement of their weekly specials...

overthehill

Post Wed, Jul 01 2009, 11:55 am
Lady Godiva wrote:

The fine print on what???

The store circular-that has no fine print, and the manufacturers coupon doesnt say anything about BOGO free sales...

elf123

Post Wed, Jul 01 2009, 12:11 pm
First, let me say that I am very "into" coupons, I use them on a regular basis and also try to get the most out of them, I.e. use them when the store is also having a sale. Having said that, maybe it's because I haven't had my coffee yet, but I just don't understand your chesbon: Why would your coupon plus the store sale add up to not having to pay anything? BOGO stands for BUY one get one free, if you're not actually paying for anything, why should you get anything for free, sale or no sale? I'm not trying to accuse you of anything, I simply don't understand your logic. Could you explain it to me? Then I can tell you if I think it was fair or not.

overthehill

Post Wed, Jul 01 2009, 12:19 pm
If I am buying one shampoo, the store says I get one free.
If I have a manufacturers coupon that says buy one get one free, Since I am supposed to pay for the first shampoo, shouldnt my manufacturers coupon allow me to either -get the one that I am supposed to pay for for- for free now?

Or since I am paying (supposed to ) for the first shampoo, should I be allowed to take another shampoo for free?

In other words the in store sale, cancels out my manufacturers coupon??

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Jul 01 2009, 12:19 pm
I agree with Elf, that's exactly what I was going to say.

Mommish

Post Wed, Jul 01 2009, 12:22 pm
If you paid for one, they should have given you an additional one free. If you paid for 2 (and used 2 coupons), they should give you 2 additional ones free. If you did not pay for anything they should not give you any free shampoo!

cassandra

Post Wed, Jul 01 2009, 12:30 pm
Right, like if there was a limit on the store's sale you should have been able to go over with the coupon. But the fact that there was a sale in the store effectively rendered your coupon meaningless if you only planned to buy one. I'm not getting your logic.

Lady Godiva

Post Wed, Jul 01 2009, 12:30 pm
hellothere wrote:
Lady Godiva wrote:

Wow, relax.
I'm just trying to help. Some coupons have fine print on them...

GAMZu

Post Wed, Jul 01 2009, 12:32 pm
Well, I don't think you can do that because you aren't actually buying one to get one free, are you?
I think you'd have to go back when the sale is over.

overthehill

Post Wed, Jul 01 2009, 12:34 pm
Lady Godiva wrote:
hellothere wrote:
Lady Godiva wrote:

Wow, relax.

Sorry- I didnt mean to offend- I just never saw fine print on manufacturers coupons except for the instructions on how the store should redeem them.

Lady Godiva

Post Wed, Jul 01 2009, 12:37 pm
hellothere wrote:
Lady Godiva wrote:
hellothere wrote:
Lady Godiva wrote:

Wow, relax.

Sorry- I didnt mean to offend- I just never saw fine print on manufacturers coupons except for the instructions on how the store should redeem them.

I'm not offended.
Some of the other posters here do have a point. If you're not actually buying one, then you can't get one free.

BennysMommy

Post Wed, Jul 01 2009, 12:43 pm
Buy 2 and get 2 free, 1 from store and 1 from manufacture. I don't either see why you would get 2 free without paying for anything.

cassandra

Post Wed, Jul 01 2009, 12:44 pm
Here is a shaila though- can she buy one and get two free?

overthehill

Post Wed, Jul 01 2009, 12:45 pm
I now understand- but lets say I had the same scenario and instead of having a BOGO free coupon, I have a coupon for example 1.00 off the shampoo I just purchased- which also cost 1.00. Would I have been able to use that coupon towards the shampoo that I was going to pay for- and in that case, If the shampoo cost 1 dollar, the store is giving me 1 for free, can I use a manufacturers coupon for 1 dollar towards the one I am paying for- even if I am now getting both for free?

overthehill

Post Wed, Jul 01 2009, 12:46 pm
cassandra wrote:
Here is a shaila though- can she buy one and get two free?

That was one of the thoughts that crossed my mind..

cassandra

Post Wed, Jul 01 2009, 12:48 pm
Yes, because the 1.00 coupon is not contingent upon you buying something else.

BennysMommy

Post Wed, Jul 01 2009, 12:49 pm
hellothere wrote:
I now understand- but lets say I had the same scenario and instead of having a BOGO free coupon, I have a coupon for example 1.00 off the shampoo I just purchased- which also cost 1.00. Would I have been able to use that coupon towards the shampoo that I was going to pay for- and in that case, If the shampoo cost 1 dollar, the store is giving me 1 for free, can I use a manufacturers coupon for 1 dollar towards the one I am paying for- even if I am now getting both for free?

I think that would work...

overthehill

Post Wed, Jul 01 2009, 12:54 pm
Thank you all. Now when there is a BOGO free sale, I will try to find a manufacturers "cents" off coupon so that I can get 2 items almost for free.
Thanks!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains