Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
What to do for the end of the year?

Seraph

Post Wed, Jul 15 2009, 3:59 am
What should I do with my playgroup for the end of the year? A graduation seems silly, as some of the kids are continuing on after a month's break. But I don't just want to ignore the end of the year.
Is it best to have a celebration just with the kids, or with parents as well? During normal playgroup hours, or in the afternoon/evening?
What should the celebration consist of? Someone told me that I should get each of the kids a gift, I don't know if I should or need to, and if so, what type of thing?
What would we actually do, aside for eating?

Suggestions please?

willow

Post Wed, Jul 15 2009, 5:04 am
I remember last year the Morah gave an invitation in advance to the mothers to dress up the kids and on the day during gan hours (though they ended early) she had a whole presentation prepared with the kids singing and an accordion with dancing. She had treats for the kids all prettily packaged and refreshments for the mothers. It was so so so lovely

greentiger

Post Wed, Jul 15 2009, 5:08 am
did you do this yet? Its my gan projects favorite, it would make a cute end-of-year thing to send home:

Sometimes you get discouraged
Because I am so small
And always leave my fingerprints
On furniture and walls

But every day I'm growing --
I'll be grown some day
And all those tiny handprints
Will surely fade away

So here's a little handprint
Just so you can recall
Exactly how my fingers looked
When I was very small

Then you put their handprints on. Right but they aren't all english speaking, right?

Stepmum

Post Wed, Jul 15 2009, 5:30 am
How old are your kids? Maybe make something with them, like a photoframe, and put in a photo of all the kids? Or an individual photo? If the kids are coming to you because most of the parents work then I'd make a party just for the kids, but if most are SAHM then you can invite them to come round for the last half hour of the day, sing some songs, have some snacks, and maybe do an arts and crafts with their child - you can use this time for the kids to decorate their photo frame.

Btw, an easy way to make the frame cheaply is to buy some foam or thick card, stick the photo on the front, leaving a frame around it to decorate, and stick some magnetic tape on the back so that they can stick it on the fridge, and voila!

Seraph

Post Wed, Jul 15 2009, 6:31 am
I like all those ideas, aside for the first one- these kids are really little, all under age 3, some under 2. So no song and dance. Not to mention, three weeks.

The problem with ANYTHING involving parents is that I got 7 American families, 1 israeli that the parents dont speak a word of english, 1 israeli who understands some english, and 1 russian who understands english. So I wouldn't know what language to "run the event" if parents came...

smiley:)

Post Wed, Jul 15 2009, 7:37 am
English bc you advertised yourself as an English speaking gan so anyone who sends has to be ok with that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics