Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Oh, you work from home? You must...
Previous  1  2  3  Next

FraydaSue

Post Thu, Jul 16 2009, 7:27 am
HooRU - know how you feel. My husband also gets a full breakfast every day. I deduct 1/2 an hour every day for breakfast. It's a pain but you know what - there's many women out there who would LOVE to be able to sit and eat a good breakfast with their husband each day.

creativemommyto3

Post Thu, Jul 16 2009, 8:05 am
FraydaSue wrote:
HooRU - know how you feel. My husband also gets a full breakfast every day. I deduct 1/2 an hour every day for breakfast. It's a pain but you know what - there's many women out there who would LOVE to be able to sit and eat a good breakfast with their husband each day.

What do you mean by a full breakfast? What do you make him?

amother

Post Mon, Oct 12 2009, 12:53 pm
hi. I'm new so just came across this old topic
wow. I think I work for Mrs. K's co as well! it is so hard and hope to be leaving as soon as I get a different job. what do you do if you have a baby while you work and can only send to a baby sitter for a few hours a day?

I also have the same problem. people think I have time to do stuff and I DON'T

Mrs.K

Post Mon, Oct 12 2009, 1:19 pm
To all those working for this company, please feel free to PM me with for tips or with questions. I've been doing it quite a while.

Imaonwheels

Post Mon, Oct 12 2009, 6:34 pm
My family is great. 8 full hours Ima can't be talked to unless its an emergency even though she is right there in front of you. But Twisted Evil Twisted Evil people can be so annoying. I do make heavy use of call waiting.

I recently started my first ever set hours at home job and it davka helps with discipline to know that Wed. all day I have to give my all to work as I am being paid by the clock and not by evaluation, page, article or shiur like my other jobs.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 13 2009, 12:17 am
Quote:
I also work for home the only difference is its our own buss. meaning my dh and I so everyone assumes I have all the time in the world and can do what I want forget the fact I took on additional side work to make ends meet. Because its our baby I know the real deadlines so regardless of sick babies yomtov morning sickness etc. I know work must get done regardless and I'd love it if family and freinds would get that to working from home is way harder physically and emotionally than working in the office. So please do not assume we who work at home have it easier and please respect hat we really do work and do need a break just likeyou who wor out of the house.

This post about sums it up for me...
in addition, people assume that WAHMs can spend more quality time with their children. While I dn't have to throw away time on a commute...how is a mother sitting at a computer bonding with her kids? When I'm working, I'm working and I shed the illusion pretty early on that I could be an attentive mother while typing away or editing an article. That's why I sent my middle baby out even though I was home.

Now, I can't afford childcare, so I have to work late at night, early in the morning and let the baby wreck the place while I work...oh, and hope that dh may help...I'm not complaining...baruch hashem I am happy that I work at home, but before women consider working at home, they should let go of some assumptions, otherwise they are setting themselves up for disappointment.

shiradye

Post Mon, Oct 19 2009, 6:39 pm
I can identify with the OP, as I work at home. Mostly, neighbors ask me to keep their house keys for their kids. (Do the kids know I have the key? NO. It's 10 AM & they're in school. I should watch out for them. Right.)

Or, send a fax. I gently (or, not so gently) explain that I don't have the time now to take care of it and I may get to it later. Any interruption is a pain when I want to finish more things than I can possibly accomplish in the time allotted to me. A more positive way to look at it, is that it is our opportunity to flex our patience and chessed muscles.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 20 2009, 7:11 pm
mrs. k. wonder if we work in the same dept or something. in any case. I'm doing it for a couple of years already. their fed up with me and I with them :-). are you in ey? I have a baby (bh) that needs my att all day. then I end up not being able to finish on time...

creativemommyto3

Post Wed, Oct 21 2009, 1:09 am
amother wrote:
mrs. k. wonder if we work in the same dept or something. in any case. I'm doing it for a couple of years already. their fed up with me and I with them :-). are you in ey? I have a baby (bh) that needs my att all day. then I end up not being able to finish on time...

I also work in this company and it's very easy to get burnt out with the demands and lack of vacation time.. Smile

amother

Post Wed, Oct 21 2009, 1:14 am
creativemommyto3 wrote:
amother wrote:

I also work in this company and it's very easy to get burnt out with the demands and lack of vacation time.. Smile

RAAA! LETS START A REBELLION. JK

Mrs.K

Post Wed, Oct 21 2009, 5:33 am
amother wrote:
creativemommyto3 wrote:
amother wrote:

I've been with them a bit over 2 years. I doubt we're in the same department, but you never know. I recently returned from maternity leave so I'm still getting back into it. \
I dunno...listen, the hours are definitely hard but I like the work and I have tremendous Hakaras Hatov to them just for having a job and being paid on time. As far as vacation days, you get used to it. I don't feel like my Chol Hamoed is compromised at all, I'm just home from the trip by 4, that's all. Listen, I have 4 kids from 8 weeks through 6 years old. I also work at a different job all morning. But it's manageable and it's income, so I'm grateful.

creativemommyto3

Post Wed, Oct 21 2009, 5:43 am
Mrs.K wrote:
amother wrote:
creativemommyto3 wrote:
amother wrote:

I've been with them a bit over 2 years. I doubt we're in the same department, but you never know. I recently returned from maternity leave so I'm still getting back into it. \
I dunno...listen, the hours are definitely hard but I like the work and I have tremendous Hakaras Hatov to them just for having a job and being paid on time. As far as vacation days, you get used to it. I don't feel like my Chol Hamoed is compromised at all, I'm just home from the trip by 4, that's all. Listen, I have 4 kids from 8 weeks through 6 years old. I also work at a different job all morning. But it's manageable and it's income, so I'm grateful.

I also like the work and the hours work for me since I am not a morning person so much. I learnt that from working during the day while I was in the US. I don't mind working on Chol Hamoed because I am happy to have a job. However, as a normal human being .. I do get worn out sometimes.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 21 2009, 6:22 am
creativemommyto3 wrote:
Mrs.K wrote:
amother wrote:
creativemommyto3 wrote:
amother wrote:

I also like the work and the hours work for me since I am not a morning person so much. I learnt that from working during the day while I was in the US. I don't mind working on Chol Hamoed because I am happy to have a job. However, as a normal human being .. I do get worn out sometimes.

he he! I'll join the club!
I've been working in the co for 2 years now.
there are many many advantages, but many many disadvantages as well!!
THINGS I LOVE ABOUT MY JOB:
I love working at home, no need to get dressed, no need to transport.
I love the later hours, no need to wake up early, and no need to be pressured the moment I get up to get to work-like the way it is when I work from the US.
I love having my day to do what I need to do, not feeling tired, it's light outside, make appointments normal timing.
I love working 4 days a week, and having my sundays off, when e/o else around is working then.
I love that they pay more than anyone else around here, so it's best option, $$-wise.
I love that my dh comes home for lunch, and we get to spend time with each other during the day
I love that I know plenty of ppl in the co, so we all vent about it together!

THINGS I HATE ABOUT MY JOB:
I hate not working with other ppl, missing out socially
I hate being in the house the whole day, no real reason to go outside and see the beautiful sky!
I hate staying up late every night, can't get to bed early, relax before going to sleep...
I hate when I have simchas at night that have to be 'worked around' not always easy, possible..
I hate having to work chol hamoed, and sometimes erev/motzei yom tov.
I hate working chanuka nights and purim, lag baomer..
I hate working the day I have to fly, or the night my flight arrives, cuz it's bein hazmanim..
I hate that when I go to the US for pesach, simcha, I don't get to do anything, shop, spend time with family, cuz my days are spent working..

BOTTOM LINE:I'M THANKFUL I HAVE A JOB, AND WILL DO IT, UNTIL I CAN NO LONGER HANDLE IT...

gz

Post Wed, Oct 21 2009, 6:25 am
removed

Last edited by gz on Wed, Feb 27 2019, 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total

gz

Post Wed, Oct 21 2009, 6:27 am
removed

Last edited by gz on Wed, Feb 27 2019, 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Mrs.K

Post Wed, Oct 21 2009, 6:29 am
GZ, I think I know who you are. Did you come to my house to train in for a department?

gz

Post Wed, Oct 21 2009, 6:32 am
removed

Last edited by gz on Wed, Feb 27 2019, 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Mrs.K

Post Wed, Oct 21 2009, 6:34 am
Thanks. Nice to put a face to a name :-)

gz

Post Wed, Oct 21 2009, 6:39 am
removed

Last edited by gz on Wed, Feb 27 2019, 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total

creativemommyto3

Post Wed, Oct 21 2009, 6:54 am
So funny to see all the parameds ppl!!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers