Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Going Away for Pesach

ektsm

Post Sun, Mar 26 2006, 10:21 am
At what point does one stop going to their parents for Pesach? Is it when they have a certain number of kids or is it a stage in life?

imanut

Post Sun, Mar 26 2006, 12:31 pm
I don't think there is a set answer to that, everyone can do what they want.
but I would think that eventually it would be easier for your parents to come to you.

TzenaRena

Post Sun, Mar 26 2006, 1:58 pm
I stopped going when the walk home became too hard after the Seder. to wake up the kids who fell asleep, and shlep home with two in the stroller, and the others crying that they want a ride too, and my head spinning from the wine, marror and tiredness. also, we brought our own wine, matzoh, lettuce so shlep back etc.

It was only a little more preparations over what we were already preparing , to have the Seder ready ourselves.

We realized that we were more comfortable at home, and liked making our own Seder. Bh, my parents have other children and einiklach over, so they are not lonely . We visit for one of the other YomTov meals, and/or Chol HaMoed.

shopaholic

Post Sun, Mar 26 2006, 3:52 pm
My sister had a childhood friend who at that point had never been home for Pesach. They went to the g.parents every year & at that point the parents were married for about 15-20 years.

My mother's neighboor always made Pesach. Now for the last 8 years or so, she's been going to one of her kids.

Like Imanut said, there's no answer. It's up to you & your parents. For some ppl, it's the only "vacation time" they get as a family to go away.

happyone

Post Sun, Mar 26 2006, 4:17 pm
I personally find it harder to pack up and go than stay home. My in-laws and parents think it's the one time a year that children belong at their parents. It's a personal decision, based on your individual and family needs and accommodations.

ILOVELIFE

Post Tue, Mar 28 2006, 7:55 pm
My parents are older and have a hard time making pesach so since my 3rd pesach I've been making it home. First and second pesach I cooked home and brought the food erev pesach. It's easier to make it here and my parents are Bh thrilled with the arrangement.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics