Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Shabbos make-up

amother

Post Wed, Jul 22 2009, 12:10 pm
In my family noone puts on shabbos make-up. My husband really wants me to wear it and brings it up all the time. Does anyone know what if shabbos make-up is ok or not?

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jul 22 2009, 12:13 pm
Yes. YOUR rav.

Some allow, some not. Some say regular make up can be fine (some products, some uses, etc), some say you need "shabbes make up".

sky

Post Wed, Jul 22 2009, 12:15 pm
Ruchel wrote:
Yes. YOUR rav.

Some allow, some not. Some say regular make up can be fine (some products, some uses, etc), some say you need "shabbes make up".

Agree. Everyone will give you a different answer. You have to go with what your rav tells you and his guidlines.

Before I was married I did use make-up made for shabbos. Now I don't.

If you do use it get very clear directions on how to use it. Like using special brushes, not mixing colors, etc.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jul 22 2009, 12:18 pm
There is special Shabbos make-up, endorsed for Shabbos by Rabbi Blumenkrantz. I think the company is called Shabbat Reflections.
It's all oil free, and must be made into powder form before Shabbos. Each color needs its own separate brush for application.
There is no mascara, and no eye liner. But you can use dark eyeshadow to line your eyes. Does not look bad at all, much better than having a nude face.
Hatzlacha!

amother

Post Wed, Jul 22 2009, 12:21 pm
op here: I guess I will have to ask a rav. it's just that I can't imagine putting on make up on shabbos because we were never allowed to and I feel like it will be going against how I was raised. but, I guess once your married your halachos/minhagim change.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 22 2009, 12:24 pm
I heard about r' Blumenkrantz's make-up. Do you know where they sell such things?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jul 22 2009, 12:25 pm
amother wrote:
I heard about r' Blumenkrantz's make-up. Do you know where they sell such things?
In BP, they sell it at Lane's Drug Store.

Atali

Post Wed, Jul 22 2009, 12:28 pm
BTW, not all rabbonim allow the shabbos make-up either. You need to ask your own rav.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 22 2009, 12:35 pm
op here: Yes I will ask my rav before I do anything. I will ask about R' Blumenkrantz's make-up, because I think that is the one I would want to use.
Thank you all for your responses Very Happy

Zus

Post Wed, Jul 22 2009, 12:42 pm
Applying is nice and all, but what about taking it off on friday night before going to sleep?

SomebodyElse

Post Wed, Jul 22 2009, 12:48 pm
You could try long-lasting makeup, applied before shabbos. There's probably a lot of stuff out there that will hold up overnight. Shain Dee has makeup specifically designed to last through shabbos. (I've never tried it.)

faigie

Post Wed, Jul 22 2009, 7:52 pm
I sell shabbat makeup, endorsed by rav Blumenkrantz........that does NOT reuqire and scraping before shabbat ( reflections requires you to scrape the product before shabbat).
-just wash it off Fri. night, apply fresh shabbat morning! Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions