Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Looking for shower RINGS not hooks

hinda

Post Mon, Aug 03 2009, 2:10 pm
I need shower rings that close not the fancy, decorative hook for my bathroom.The hooks slide off my mail rod and are SO annoying.Please let me know if you've seen them in nicer colors anywhere.
Thnaks!

ra_mom  

Post Mon, Aug 03 2009, 2:18 pm
Are you in Brooklyn? The ninety-nine cents stores carry the plastic rings in all colors. They're about $3 for a package of 12 rings.

fiddle

Post Mon, Aug 03 2009, 2:19 pm
they have metal ones on amazon.. type it in google and itll pick them up. there are some pretty decent ones, not a large selection though

Barbara

Post Mon, Aug 03 2009, 2:27 pm
Home Depot, Lowes, Pottery Barn ... pretty much everyone carries the metal roller ring ones.

shopaholic

Post Mon, Aug 03 2009, 2:28 pm
I've only ever bought rings - both in Target or Jewish stores in Brooklyn

greenfire

Post Mon, Aug 03 2009, 2:28 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Are you in Brooklyn? The ninety-nine cents stores carry the plastic rings in all colors. They're about $3 for a package of 12 rings.

why aren't they 99 cents ?!?!?!

ra_mom

Post Mon, Aug 03 2009, 2:44 pm
greenfire wrote:
ra_mom wrote:

why aren't they 99 cents ?!?!?!
Lol greenfire!
It's the "dollar store"... though not everything they sell is a dollar Smile

Tova

Post Mon, Aug 03 2009, 4:41 pm
Bed Bath & Beyond has a nice assortment of colors; but agreed, if you want just the cheap plastic rings go to any Target, Walmart, etc.

ss321  

Post Mon, Aug 03 2009, 5:18 pm
OP I agree with everyone. I remember when we moved into our house, I was all excited to have shower curtains (rather than a plexiglass shower door in our bath/shower in our old apt), and I went out and bought all these pretty hooks at target....only to discover after putting the first set up, that they fall right off and are pointless!
so I returned all of them and replaced them with the simplest kind that cost 2.99. They sell them at hardware stores, 99 cent stores, and places like target.

Flowerpot

Post Mon, Aug 03 2009, 6:47 pm
I had shower hooks I loved it never had a problem with it but when I moved I have now shower doors so my beautiful shower curtain and hooks are sitting in a box.

but I do remember seeing rings.g'luck

cassandra

Post Mon, Aug 03 2009, 7:04 pm
The hooks work if you have a double layer of shower curtain and liner and the curtain always stays on the outside of the tub. Otherwise they will be really annoying.

ss321

Post Mon, Aug 03 2009, 7:32 pm
cassandra wrote:
The hooks work if you have a double layer of shower curtain and liner and the curtain always stays on the outside of the tub. Otherwise they will be really annoying.

thats what I tried! I have pretty shower curtains from target, with clear plastic liners. was I supposed to put only the pretty colored cutains onto the hooks, and the liner onto the cheap plastic ones? do you need two seperate bars or something? I seriously couldnt figure it out. and it was "my" project (my DH would have been fine with white plastic curtains in every bathroom, I wanted pretty ones that matched each towel set because I took such pride in all my new bathrooms), so I wanted to figure it out without asking DH, I did it one night when he was asleep, and when I saw the hooks werent working, I ran out to get the plastic loops. am I missing something really basic lol?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars