Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Would you give a summer only therapist a gift?

QUEENY

Post Tue, Aug 04 2009, 8:31 pm
My son had 4 summer only therapists. He had them for eight weeks. Do I give them a small gift. If so what is a reasonable amount to spend on each. During the year I give $25.00 but that is for the whole year. Any ideas? 2 are frum ladies and 2 are not if that helps. All are very nice.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Aug 05 2009, 8:13 am
Unless they were outstanding and really went out of the "normal" business, I wouldn't think of giving anything. It's a job, they are paid...

sped

Post Wed, Aug 05 2009, 9:22 am
If you feel thatthey treatedit just as a "job", then I maybe see Ruchel's point. If you feel that they really put into the child more than the basic requirment, you may want to show hakaras Hatov. But they are probably not expecting it.

Fox

Post Wed, Aug 05 2009, 5:39 pm
Wow! You are so nice to think of giving gifts under these circumstances! I agree that it's not necessary, but it's a nice gesture if (a) they did an outstanding job; and (b) you can easily afford it.

I think the key is to give something inexpensive that reflects genuine knowledge of the person. For example, if you notice she often has a Starbucks cup on her desk, give her a $5 Starbucks gift certificate. It's not so extravagant as to make someone feel uncomfortable, but it shows that you noticed her as a person -- not just a cog in the machine.

amother

Post Wed, Aug 05 2009, 6:00 pm
Homemade cheesecake

Gefen

Post Sun, Aug 30 2009, 10:28 pm
Just woke up - and realized my son's last lesson with his speech therapist is tomorrow.

he turned 3 and no longer qualifies for the service. He had the same speec therapist since 20 mos old.
She's very sweet - although I can't say that I was over all impressed with her approach and progress with him.

Is it the standard for one to give therapists from agencies end of the term gifts? if yes, whats the norm or a thoughtful token of appreciation.

thanks.

amother

Post Sun, Aug 30 2009, 10:32 pm
Gefen wrote:
Is it the standard for one to give therapists from agencies end of the term gifts? if yes, whats the norm or a thoughtful token of appreciation.
I was told by therapists that it's not standard at all, and that I need not even give them Mishloach Manos of Purim.
Some of them actually bought good-bye gifts for my child, which was really sweet.

pina colada

Post Sun, Aug 30 2009, 11:13 pm
It is nice to give an end of term gift. It can be something inexpensive like a box of chocolates, a nice crystal piece from Closeout Connections, a set of miniature perfumes, hand lotion, etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics