Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How do you keep your stovetop clean?
1  2  Next

SV

Post Tue, Aug 18 2009, 10:13 am
How do you keep your stovetop clean? And if the stuff splatters what's the best way to get it off? My stove top is always dirty and I have no patience to clean it after every cooking "session". What are your tricks?

Rochelly

Post Tue, Aug 18 2009, 11:04 am
so clean it every couple days wich is annoying but I use scrubbing bubbles with is amaaaaaaaaazzzziiinngggg!!! I take off the grates.... shake the bottle... give a good spray..... come back in a few minutes and wipe it off with a paper towel and it is sparkly clean Smile love scrubbing bubbles! it does the scrubbbing for you!

onlyme

Post Tue, Aug 18 2009, 11:14 am
Rochelly wrote:
so clean it every couple days wich is annoying but I use scrubbing bubbles with is amaaaaaaaaazzzziiinngggg!!! I take off the grates.... shake the bottle... give a good spray..... come back in a few minutes and wipe it off with a paper towel and it is sparkly clean Smile love scrubbing bubbles! it does the scrubbbing for you!

Sounds great! Where can I buy it?

SV

Post Tue, Aug 18 2009, 11:17 am
Thanks! I just looked them up on google and I only see cleaners for bathrooms/showers. Also, where do you buy them - in which stores?

Fabulous

Post Tue, Aug 18 2009, 11:41 am
I use it as well. I bought a four pack in costco and so far I still have (seven months later). But you can buy it at any grocery store or pharmacy probably.

Rochelly

Post Tue, Aug 18 2009, 11:46 am
you can really buy it at almost any pharmacy, target, walmart, shoprite......

Rochelly

Post Tue, Aug 18 2009, 11:47 am
SV wrote:
Thanks! I just looked them up on google and I only see cleaners for bathrooms/showers. Also, where do you buy them - in which stores?

I think it may officially be a "bathroom" cleaner but I use it everywhere!

Mommy F.

Post Tue, Aug 18 2009, 12:49 pm
Sometimes I just use lysol wipes on our stove top if I am lazy!

chilled

Post Tue, Aug 18 2009, 2:37 pm
Use Easyoff! THAT is an offical oven and stove cleaner. Also, using burner bibs helps with the cleanup. Easyoff makes a Fume-less spray so you dont have to worry about dangeruous fumes with kids around.

mom71

Post Tue, Aug 18 2009, 2:41 pm
Does it need a hechsher since it's being used on the stove top? the scrubbing bubbles that I use for the bathroom does not have a hechsher, is there a different one?

amother

Post Tue, Aug 18 2009, 2:45 pm
mom71 wrote:
Does it need a hechsher since it's being used on the stove top? the scrubbing bubbles that I use for the bathroom does not have a hechsher, is there a different one?

We do not eat things that fall on the stovetop because we cook both meat and dairy on it, so we definately don't need a Hechsher on the stovetop cleaner.

Fabulous

Post Tue, Aug 18 2009, 3:00 pm
amother wrote:
mom71 wrote:

We do not eat things that fall on the stovetop because we cook both meat and dairy on it, so we definately don't need a Hechsher on the stovetop cleaner.

same here. although as a girl I do remember using windex on all kinds of surfaces in the kitchen, including the stove and I don't believe it has a hechsher. Maybe I am just uninformed and it should have for non treif surfaces, aylor.

greentiger

Post Tue, Aug 18 2009, 4:54 pm
babywipes!!!

greentiger

Post Tue, Aug 18 2009, 4:54 pm
Fabulous wrote:
amother wrote:
mom71 wrote:

same here. although as a girl I do remember using windex on all kinds of surfaces in the kitchen, including the stove and I don't believe it has a hechsher. Maybe I am just uninformed and it should have for non treif surfaces, aylor.

As far as I know, a stove top gets hot enough to be self kashering, but you can AYLOR.

pecan

Post Tue, Aug 18 2009, 5:31 pm
I use steel wool soap pads, it works like a charm. And I clean my stove right away - don't let it sit.

supermama2

Post Tue, Aug 18 2009, 6:39 pm
Hmm I'll have to try the scrubbing bubbles!! I usually just use soap and water What

mommalah

Post Tue, Aug 18 2009, 7:44 pm
Be Modest! wrote:
Use Easyoff! THAT is an offical oven and stove cleaner. Also, using burner bibs helps with the cleanup. Easyoff makes a Fume-less spray so you dont have to worry about dangeruous fumes with kids around.

Get those kids out of the kitchen!! The fumes are actually just covered up by some nice fragrance. You don't really think they took all the toxic chemicals out and it still works just the same as the fume full one, do you?
If you insist on using it still, you need to well ventilate the area and open windows.

EvenI

Post Wed, Aug 19 2009, 8:08 am
mommalah wrote:
Be Modest! wrote:

Get those kids out of the kitchen!! The fumes are actually just covered up by some nice fragrance. You don't really think they took all the toxic chemicals out and it still works just the same as the fume full one, do you?
If you insist on using it still, you need to well ventilate the area and open windows.

I myself can't cope at all with fumes from oven cleaners, even if I use it outdoors in open air. It gives me a terrible cough. I found that the "astonish" paste that comes in a tub is actually just as effective as oven cleaner but without the fumes.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Aug 19 2009, 11:50 am
Guy from Sears just sold me a ceramic top cleaner. I'll let you all know how it works. What would also help is just taking a damp shmatta and wiping down a few times a week.

shopaholic

Post Wed, Aug 19 2009, 2:33 pm
Firstly, I bought a black stove so it shows less dirt. Then, my cleaning lady scrubs it when she comes once a week & in between I use household wipes.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry