Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Bumbleride Flyer - second guessing my City Mini?
1  2  Next

Toot

Post Tue, Aug 18 2009, 1:06 pm
So I have a City Mini and so far really like it. However, I just watched a demo of the Bumbleride Flyer, and now I'm second guessing myself. I love that in the Flyer the handle is reversible AND both sets of wheels can lock/unlock. It also looks like the recline is more sturdy than the City Mini. My baby is 4 months and tiny, so I have her in the CM, but I hate having her face away from me.

Does anyone have it, and are the things that are "better" than the CM truly better? My biggest pros for the CM are the fold and how light it is (I need to shlep up 6 flights on shabbos), the huge canopy, and that it steers well.

Thanks!

caringarden

Post Tue, Aug 18 2009, 3:03 pm
I just gave birth three weeks ago and bought the Bumbleride Flyer for all those great reasons. However, due to C-section, I havent been out with it yet, just used in the house so I dont really know. So far, so good.

Toot

Post Tue, Aug 18 2009, 3:46 pm
Mazal tov! Let us know how you like it once you get out with it!

chaylizi

Post Tue, Aug 18 2009, 4:50 pm
I owned a different Bumbleride (Indie Twin) & replaced it within 6 months for a City Mini Twin. Gotta love that fold. Seriously though, the main gripe about that stroller is that it has a reversible stroller instead of a reversible seat. This makes the entire stroller less stable. If you want a more stable reversible, go for the Perego Switch or the Bugaboo Bee. Both are relatively lightweight & the peg has an umbrella fold. The other major bumbleride gripe is the seriously tedious fold. But if you want to talk to some seriously knowledgeable ladies and gents, check out the stroller boards at www.windsorpeak.com. They are a great sounding board.

Toot

Post Tue, Aug 18 2009, 5:06 pm
But I thought that since the wheels all unlock/lock, it's basically the same forwards and back. What's unstable about it?

And I do love the CM fold - I could never do the Indie! The Flyer looks simpler in the video, but I would have to try it myself of course.

I noticed it because it's a lot cheaper than any of the other reversible strollers.

brbs

Post Tue, Aug 18 2009, 10:15 pm
I have the flyer my dd is almost 4 months and I am still in love with it! The reversible handle is excellent the full recline/bassinit feature is awesome.. the fold is a little teadeious u do need 2 hands but this is not a problem for me..

My big complaint is the rain cover I purchased 4 it.. It is very strange, I can't figure out how it fits on the stroller and I am not new 2 raincovers...

chaylizi

Post Tue, Aug 18 2009, 11:01 pm
I am now officially allergic to tedious folds. If it's reversible, I might consider it. But not like the bugaboo fold (which takes years to perfect). I've never owned the flyer, but I know there were a lot of complaints about the wobbly handle. Check it out.

sequins

Post Tue, Aug 18 2009, 11:25 pm
I have a city mini and I love the easy fold but HATE HATE HATE that I can't see my baby. If I could I would use my city mini as a car stroller and buy a reversible stroller...Good luck.

Toot

Post Wed, Aug 19 2009, 10:30 am
brbs - how exactly do you do the fold? I am also super spoiled by the City Mini fold, but at this point, I often use my snap n go for the car anyway, and that has a pretty annoying fold.

Also, I think it comes with a rain cover. Is that new for 2009?

brbs

Post Wed, Aug 19 2009, 12:39 pm
the 09 comes with a rain cover but not the boot so I scored an awesome deal on an 08, and purchased the raincover seperatly...

there are two "handles" one on each side in the middle, u pull up while sliding a botton. It is super easy it just requires 2 hands so I think it is tediuos... my cheapy graco I had with my older one had a super easy fold I could do with one hand...

Toot

Post Wed, Aug 19 2009, 9:23 pm
Ok, so I looked at the Flyer today and really liked it (was hoping I would hate it to make the decision easier!)

Now I really don't know what to do, I love that it reverses, I like the recline better, and the basket is more accessible and seems bigger too. I don't love that it is a little bigger and bulkier.

Are there big differences between the 2008 and 2009, besides the accessories it comes with?

brbs

Post Wed, Aug 19 2009, 9:48 pm
I think the wheels may have different spokes, but when I emailed the company they told me they were basically the same..

manhattanmom

Post Wed, Aug 19 2009, 9:58 pm
I've had my bumbleride flyer a little over 2 years now and love it.
I don't think it's tedious to fold at all--we've taken it in and out of the car plenty (it takes up space--it's not a compact fold
The recline is great. Both my 2 year old and my 8 month old are able to take 2+ hour naps in it!
I don't like the basket though--I find it can't hold much at all.
By far my most favorite thing about it is how easy it is to clean--I don't think anyone mentioned that yet.
The whole seat and the canopy and the lap-bar snap right off so you could put the whole thin'g in the washing machine. It's definitely the best!

Toot

Post Thu, Aug 20 2009, 9:04 am
manhattanmom - how much bigger is it folded than, say, a snap n go?

Now, next question - what would be a reasonable price to ask for my CM, if I were to sell it? It retails $230, plus I have a lot of accessories - car seat adapter, belly bar, parent console, rain cover - that really add up (I think it ends up totalling around $370). What would you pay for a CM with the accessories, used for 4 months?

Tova

Post Thu, Aug 20 2009, 10:11 am
Toot - just a guess, but I think you could sell it for $250.

manhattanmom

Post Thu, Aug 20 2009, 12:59 pm
It takes up more room in my trunk than a snap and go--because it has a seat and better wheels.
It's also heavier than a snap-n-go. It's not a lightweight stroller so it makes traveling difficult in that sense.
We've taken it on vacation with us but I don't use it on the subway.

The fold is easy too--you need two hands though so you'll have to put the baby down. It's just lifting each of the gray sliding tabs and folding the stroller in half.

Toot

Post Thu, Aug 20 2009, 2:40 pm
Uh oh, I'm going to need to take the subway with baby and stroller every day. Does it bump up and down stairs? One of the stations I'll be going to has an elevator, but the other doesn't. Think that's a deal breaker?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Aug 20 2009, 2:49 pm
Toot, my sister has the Zooper Bolero in Israel, and she bumps it up and down plenty, takes it on the bus (one hand fold)...

Toot

Post Thu, Aug 20 2009, 3:10 pm
I bump my City Mini without a problem, so if I don't get the Bumbleride I'll keep my CM. But thanks Hashem_Yaazor!

amother

Post Sun, Aug 23 2009, 3:58 pm
I'm expecting twins and researching doubles like crazy. I have asked a lot of people and if you want a stroller with a good canopy then city mini is the way to go, either the double or single. All these strollers let the sun shine right in the baby's face. Whats the point of the sunshade if it works halfway?? I think city mini is better because it has a better sunshade then the bumbleride.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics