Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Freezer defrosted - help

Tulip1

Post Mon, Aug 31 2009, 8:14 pm
my upstairs neighbor went out of town for 5 days. 2 days after she left, we realized there was a leak in our cieling, part of our ceiling was coming down, and water was dripping down.
I could not reach her (she was out of the country), but I was able to get a key to her apt.
my husband went in, saw that their freezer door was not closed properly, and quickly closed the freezer door.
she just got back, and is nervous to use the stuff in the freezer. I am really not sure if it was completely defrosted. my husband did not notice (you know men) - all he saw was that the stuff looked 'snowy". he did not look in the trays of food to see if they were defrosted.

do you think the food is OK?
if it was bad, how would she be able to tell?

thanks!

greenfire

Post Tue, Sep 01 2009, 10:14 am
did he even touch the food to see how frozen it was or not ... what kind of freezer is it - thought they stopped with all the snowy white frost ... if there was water dripping through your ceiling to me it would be indicative of a pretty intense defrost ... and in this hot summer weather ... I would err on the side of caution as people get sick from bad food ...

freidasima

Post Tue, Sep 01 2009, 10:19 am
I echo green, if the stuff was dripping that much, I wouldn't touch it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics