Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Palm Pre

skymile

Post Fri, Sep 04 2009, 10:41 am
DH is hopefully getting me one for my b-day. I was wondering if it's really as good as it looks. I have a Treo (755) now and I love it. Does anyone have the Palm Pre? Are you enjoying it? what don't you like about it? what did you have before and was the transition easy? can you beam? is the battery good? please share your opinions...

TIA

punktfarkert

Post Fri, Sep 04 2009, 10:57 am
I have a palm pre - but know nothing about the Treo, so can't really compare. It's absolutely great for multitasking. I like the features a lot overall. It's a tiny bit annoying that since it's a relatively new operating system, there aren't too many applications for it yet... but there are two Jewish ones now. Very Happy Shabbos times & find a kosher restaurant near you. It's best for multitasking... my only complaint is the battery life. PM me if you want.

ShakleeMom

Post Fri, Sep 04 2009, 11:09 am
I hate my treo 755p. it freezes all the time, shuts down, the sync pins broke, cost $35 to fix it, stopped working the day after. I'm fed up. No more palms for me. Next up - a blackberry.

skymile

Post Fri, Sep 04 2009, 11:40 am
Shaklee- it's your phone that's the problem. not THE phone. I love my 755. I'm just very bored. what I like most is the touch-screen and the keyboard

new-here

Post Fri, Sep 04 2009, 1:09 pm
I am looking into the palm pre too. I have the blackberry tour now, but will exchange for the palm pre I think. although on sprints website, the reviews weren't all that great - seems to be poor battery life and lots of dropped calls.
I like the touchscreen feature that the blackberry doesn't offer. Also, I can't decide about the exchange because the blackberry is worth $100 more than the Palm, and if I exchange I lose out.

MyKidsRQte

Post Fri, Sep 04 2009, 2:50 pm
Ive been looking into getting the Palm Pre but 2 cell phone stores in BP actually talked me out of it, saying its hyped up more than its worth. One told me to get the Palm Pro, the other recommended the Blackberry Curve. My daughter has the curve, and Im not crazy about it. Im stuck with the Centro till I figure it out:(

brbs

Post Sat, Sep 05 2009, 11:21 pm
I LOVE my pre.. It has it's drawbacks.. You can not beam...Sometimes I miss calls even though I pushed the screen to pick it up. Usually though it works great! The features are awesome and it is fun to use.. The cameraq is awesome for taking pictures of the kids too the quality is awesome it is alike a 3mp camera...

bashinda

Post Sun, Sep 06 2009, 12:23 am
Right now I have a centro but if apple stops having an at&t only contract for the iphone I would go with that next. They have most of the things I use the iphone for (chumash, tehillim, tanya) and I'm already a mac person.

mimimom

Post Mon, Jul 26 2010, 4:47 pm
DO NOT GET A PRE!!!!!!! I am on my third replacement phone! They have TERRIBLE quality control issues; just do a google search and you'll have what to read for six months. The Pre was a marvelous idea, and when mine is working well it's great, but 3 replacements????!!?? Who needs that. Try a Blackberry or an Iphone. Blackberries do most of the same things a Pre does, but the have a rock solid reputation for quality.
I've had Palms for probably 20 years, but this is the last one I'll ever buy, unless they somehow get their hardware quality up to snuff, It's a real shame because the Pre operating system is wonderful. Sad Sad Crying

bashinda

Post Tue, Jul 27 2010, 3:02 pm
Yeah, I know someone who couldn't stand the pre and went back to a centro.

brbs

Post Tue, Jul 27 2010, 10:08 pm
I've had my Pre for well over a year and I love it!! Never had a problem with it and I let my baby play with it and she drops it all the time... The selection of apps is growing but still limited... I love you can do more then one app at a time and the browser is fantastic, the full keyboard is really easy to use.

chatz

Post Tue, Jul 27 2010, 10:37 pm
For those who have a Pre- what plan do you have for it?

DH got a Pre, locked to sprint - but he can't activate it without upgrading to a really $$$$ plan. He just wasn't told that (looooong story....).

Just wondering if anyone has it on Sprint and isn't paying for a high data plan and how they managed that.

mimimom

Post Fri, Jul 30 2010, 1:27 pm
AS far as I know you have to have the data plan, and, actually you can't do much without it. Just wanted to bring out that I found, and I've heard from others (including the techs at the Sprint store) that if you get a non-lemon the Pre is wonderful! The problem is that your chances are not good. Crying and that's a LOT of money for a chance! (I've been without a working phone twice for several days waiting for a replacment Pre--never again Palm! bli neder)

shmaichul

Post Fri, Jul 30 2010, 2:21 pm
I have the intercept and its a great phone! Its an android so it has tons of apps and it great at multi tasking ad also has the touch scree etc. Good luck with ur decision making and happy b-day :-)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars